By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time's top ten games of the year

Time would put Halo on top due to its massive popularity rather than its game mechanics I think. I still think IGN is the definitive GotY.

Around the Network

Could this be counted as a list created by nongamer, lev, has covered electronics for time before but mainly computers, more predominantly though he reviews books, and writes them. If so does this review speak of trends to come in gaming?

as for uncharted, could it have come out too late in the year for consideration? I could see that as a reason it was overlooked. R&C, I do Not Know, maybe  he just did not consider it first in class 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

SUPER MARIO GALAXY IS ONLY #4!?!?!?!??!?! THOSE TASTLESS *censored* SHOULD SHOVE *censored* UP THEIR *censored* AND DIE.

/fanboyism

Seriously, the only reason Halo 3 is #1 is due to massive hype and Super Mario Galaxy is one of the BEST GAMES EVER and NONE of the games on that list are even remotely close.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

*cries*

#1. Halo 3

Like a pebble that has been rounded over the centuries by the gentle splashing of the ocean waves, Halo 3 has become the perfect hardcore first-person combat simulator. By dint of painstaking labor on the part of its developer, Bungie, it has been refined over three installments to the point where it delivers only pure, unadulterated gaming bliss. Every combat is even-sided and complex and can be waged in multiple ways, using an arsenal of long- and short-range weapons, plus grenades and hand-to-hand moves. Every level is perfectly paced and balanced and graced with soaring architectural compositions. Plus it's graphically gorgeous. The epic storyline and the stirring score don't hurt either. In one of the greatest years video gaming has ever seen, Halo 3 is the very best of the bunch.

Yes this was GREAT!....

.... 5 years ago.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I agree that all of these should be at least in the top 20 games of the year, but Halo 3 is seriously too far up. I guess guys in a newspaper who don't play games have a pretty inflated idea of its significance.

Around the Network

I enjoyed cod4 more than halo 3 but I am enjoying Mass Effect mroe than both of thsoe combined with a sprinkle of bioshock on there. Mass Effect is #1 in my book along with rock band.

No one is going to agree on the GOTY, but Halo 3 cannot be the answear

^agreed--its a good game but...there are better

My favorite part of the review is in the Rock Band part; they talk about experiencing all the sexual tension of a band, and then go on to say "One dude sings, and three other dudes play instruments". Oh yeah, sexual tension....

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Time's top ten games of the year aka the most hyped games of 2007