By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Nintendo break 100 million

Nintendo hasn't been able to break 100 million HOME consoles with its past 4 consoles and with the Wii on 70 milion units will it have enough legs to break it into 100 million to join the Club with the PS1 and PS2. I dont think so because Nintendo is already drawing support for the 3DS and i am sure they will cut off Wii support soon for there next console next year (2011-12) and wont break that 100 million but will get close. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Reminds me of a lot of Nintendo fans here who were convinced the Wii would outsell the ps2 eventually.

I always thought that was a bit too optimistic.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

100 mill won't be difficult, worst case scenario

End of 2010 - 82 mill shipped
End of 2011 - 94 mill shipped
End of 2012 - 100 mill shipped

and that really is logical worst case scenario (it's not gonna drop harder than that.)

It should clear 100 million rather easily - its 7m or so ahead of PS2 in the USA alone over the same number of months and thats at a higher price (granted Wii has more bundles, but I think customers look at the sticker price more than the 'value' usually).

Its at 75m shipped in under four years with only one price cut. Whether it gets beyond 120 million or so is more of an open question.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

My bet is that it will reach like 110M...

Around the Network

Yea, it will sell past 100 million.  Not too sure where it will end up at.  My guess is around 117 million at the end of the generation. 

Yuup wii will defiitnetly break the 100 million mark with only one SKU of it by the end of the generation.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Nope as Nintendo will replace it in one or two years and they don't have infrustructure to support Wii in developing countries like Sony did with PS2.

In fact i belive that in 5-6 years perspective number of PS3 shipped might be higher than number of Wiis shipped.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Yes.  The Wii will definitely clear 100 million sales.  The question is: how many times?

This is last year Wii sells good numbers next year Wii will be behind PS3 in Japan, Europe, and Worldwide, and behind 360 and PS3 in USA.