By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Move is "ahead of what I thought previously"

Last week, Michael Pacther came out and said Move's sales in September were "well below expectations", estimating that the peripheral sold around 300,000 units in the US throughout September.

However, in a recent interview with the LA Times Pachter has expressed a new view on Move's initial performance.  "It's ahead of what I thought previously," he said, and he thinks  "they are a lock to sell 3 to 4 million by Dec. 31, and a lock to hit more than 5 million by fiscal year end."

The report also reveals that Sony has shipped 1 million units of Move to NA, bringing worldwide shipments to 2.5 million total.

Around the Network

is it appropriate to call that eating crow?  either way it tastes delicious.

Michael Pacther = Epic Fail!!!

That's great!

So... wait, I'm confused. Is Move doomed now?

Around the Network
badgenome said:

I'm pretty sure it's in a perpetual state of d0mdness.

Oh Pachter :)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Me; "Pachter is at least as big a dumbass as before."

That said, Move has sold more than I thought I suspect that Kinect will far exceed my initial expectations as well. If Move and Kinect sell well it will be a rather comical blow in the face of certain people though (Malstrom and certain members in here).

LOLLLLLL!!!!!!

Go MOVE!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

badgenome said:

everything is doomed

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype