By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 vs N64

N64 292 46.65%

PS3 332 53.04%

Total:624

I voted in the N64 because of the exclusives. Despite the PS3 library includes some great exclusive games, such as Uncharted, Demon's Souls, and Metal Gear Solid 4, fact is, most of the console's greatest games are also available at the 360 or the PC. Meanwhile, there are few N64 ports that can be considered great (perhaps Resident Evil 2), while the long list of great exclusives (Mario 64, both Zeldas, F-Zero, Paper Mario, Rogue Squadron, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Star Fox 64, both Banjos, Wave Race, Super Smash Brothers, and many others) really shines, even today.

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:

All I have to say is, Zelda: OOT

Best game ever. This gen's games dont even come close.

Fixed.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Fixed.

Agreed!This gen is mediocre at best

CGI-Quality said:
AngelosL said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Fixed.

What's mediocre about it?

The quality of the titles, and the fact that most of the games are full of bugs because developers dont take their time to make a good game,instead they rush them to make more money.Also, no revolutionary game was released. They are all clones... All I saw was Rockstar clones,tomb raider - prince of persia clones and shoot em ups. Even great games like Oblivion and Heavy Rain were based on something else.

This gen has nothing to offer .

AngelosL said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Fixed.

I wouldn't say that. It definitely isn't like the good old days, but there are plenty of quality titles that came out this gen.

Around the Network

Ummm DK64>football> life>>>>>> All sony games combined.. duh?!

CGI-Quality said:
AngelosL said:
CGI-Quality said:
AngelosL said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Fixed.

The quality of the titles, and the fact that most of the games are full of bugs because developers dont take their time to make a good game,instead they rush them to make more money.Also, no revolutionary game was released. They are all clones... All I saw was Rockstar clones,tomb raider - prince of persia clones and shoot em ups. Even great games like Oblivion and Heavy Rain were based on something else.

You know many of the games in previous gens were based on previous ideas as well, correct? There are plenty of quality games this gen, (on all 3 consoles) even if they don't reach your expectations.

Yes, Oblivion was based on past ideas, but succeeded where previous games didn't. Doesn't make it mediocre. HEAVY RAIN did things no other game has ever done before, which was quite revolutionary. No game plays like it, so you're wrong there.

Don't know what you expected from this gen, but calling games mediocre (or saying it has nothing to offer) just because they are similar to games in the past, is irrational if you ask me.

First of all I don't put Oblivion and Heavy Rain among the rest of the games.I called them great,and they are my favorite games this gen.

I play video games since I was 5 , Ι've owned even for a short while almost every console  that was released,and it's the first time that I call a generation mediocre.The only other console I can compare to the 7th generation ones is the Mega Drive, only this time there isn't a Super Nintendo around to equalize things...

I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying this gen, but I've played more than enough games to have an opinion on the matter,and apart from the visuals the new consoles havent offered me anything new that would make me call a title masterpiece.

examples of previous gens:  NES -Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3

SNES-FFIV,VI ,Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 1,2 

PS - Castlevania:Symphony of the Night, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, resident Evil,Silent Hill

n64 - Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, GoldenEye,Lylat Wars

PS2 -Resident Evil 4, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, GTA Vice City,Rez,FF X,XII

also on the PC: Half-Life ,Diablo,Starcraft,Baldur's Gate 1,2 , Riven,Monkey Island series

now those were a few examples where games took the experience to another level.There are more,those were the first to come in mind.The games of this gen which are considered great: Halo series, GTAIV, Uncharted series and COD:Modern Warfare .... Online Shoot em Ups, a GTA inferior to Vice City and a good game (UC2) which is based on tomb raider.Now compare those to any of the above. Am I the only one who sees there's a huge gap of quality?

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
AngelosL said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Fixed.

I wouldn't say that. It definitely isn't like the good old days, but there are plenty of quality titles that came out this gen.

I guess the one key difference between this gen and previous gens (particularly the 32-bit era) is local multiplayer. I mean, the Wii has plenty of multiplayer games, and the PS3 and 360 have their fair share as well. But I can understand the thought that they don't quite edge out stuff like Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64 etc, etc.

However, it's a new age, new gen, different technology. It's the age of the internet and mutliplayer hasn't died, it's just been expanded to a WW appeal. This gen will be remembered for that, which will be "the good ol' days" for many.

I understand that. I don't know, I just feel like I don't play nearly as much games as I used to. I don't know why, but I just didn't get "that feeling" when I play games this in the same way I did when I played games back on the MSX, NES, SNES, you name it. I noticed this trend ever since last gen.

Hell, two of the games in my top five are not even considered the "big thing".

AngelosL said:
CGI-Quality said:
AngelosL said:
CGI-Quality said:
AngelosL said:
huaxiong90 said:
WarmachineX said:

Fixed.

You know many of the games in previous gens were based on previous ideas as well, correct? There are plenty of quality games this gen, (on all 3 consoles) even if they don't reach your expectations.

Yes, Oblivion was based on past ideas, but succeeded where previous games didn't. Doesn't make it mediocre. HEAVY RAIN did things no other game has ever done before, which was quite revolutionary. No game plays like it, so you're wrong there.

Don't know what you expected from this gen, but calling games mediocre (or saying it has nothing to offer) just because they are similar to games in the past, is irrational if you ask me.

First of all I don't put Oblivion and Heavy Rain among the rest of the games.I called them great,and they are my favorite games this gen.

I play video games since I was 5 , Ι've owned even for a short while almost every console  that was released,and it's the first time that I call a generation mediocre.The only other console I can compare to the 7th generation ones is the Mega Drive, only this time there isn't a Super Nintendo around to equalize things...

I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying this gen, but I've played more than enough games to have an opinion on the matter,and apart from the visuals the new consoles havent offered me anything new that would make me call a title masterpiece.

examples of previous gens:  NES -Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3

SNES-FFIV,VI ,Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 1,2 

PS - Castlevania:Symphony of the Night, FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, resident Evil,Silent Hill

n64 - Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, GoldenEye,Lylat Wars

PS2 -Resident Evil 4, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, GTA Vice City,Rez,FF X,XII

also on the PC: Half-Life ,Diablo,Starcraft,Baldur's Gate 1,2 , Riven,Monkey Island series

now those were a few examples where games took the experience to another level.There are more,those were the first to come in mind.The games of this gen which are considered great: Halo series, GTAIV, Uncharted series and COD:Modern Warfare .... Online Shoot em Ups, a GTA inferior to Vice City and a good game (UC2) which is based on tomb raider.Now compare those to any of the above. Am I the only one who sees there's a huge gap of quality?

You clearly have simply lost interest in video games I'm afraid. I don't want to always play something new. Saying a game is mediocre because it takes inspiration from another game is just wrong.

I'd like to know what you think of the movie industry...

Scoobes said:
AngelosL said:

GoldenEye introduced how shooters should be played on consoles,Mario 64 was a whole new gaming experience when it came out (probably the first full 3d game) and its controls were masterful,and Ocarina of Time is simply the Best game ever released.

As I mentioned in a post before Goldeneye did nothing of the sort. It showed FPS' could be popular on consoles, especially the MP aspect, but it was the following gen that truly showed how FPS' should be played on consoles.

Mario 64 I agree was new for the time and went on to influence a number of cartoony 3D platform titles.

Ocarina of Time being the best game ever is completely subjective.

Really? Is it really?

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/games.htm