By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: “No Reviews of Kinect!”

i say they can't bear to get any negative review after throwing so much $$$ on this shit you see

shame that it's trying to let people feel that it's really so innovative but actually it's not so

after reviewers get to try on will know how simple this thing is gonna work just like Wii motion

only difference with Wii motion is in stead of wiggle just do it with your post that the game needed

it's not precise at all so no force needed too

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Wow... some of the reactions in here...

If people want to believe that MS are prepared to spend $500m on advertising a product that is crap and essentially doesn't work then fine.

Windows Millenium

Windows Vista

the last attempt at Windows phone which was discontinued after few weeks ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It makes little sense to stifle pre-release hype from free review sources (or for the cost of a review kit) unless they had reason to believe that the reviews would be counterproductive to their extensive Kinect marketing campaign.

The thing is, it's largely unnecessary to try and control initial public opinion of Kinect because as it's already been pointed out, the majority of potential Kinect consumers don't read or follow video game specific press.

Now a bad review on Yahoo or MSN (ha ha) that reaches the mainstream consumer could potentially turn off would be buyers, but mainstream press reviews will do the job, positive or negative, even if published on release day or after.

And by the same token, a flood of bad reviews from the video game press after release will still have the same postive/negative effect on its target audience, with the key difference being that the gamer audience is the type that would pre-order, camp out/midnight launch pick up and or cancel a pre-order on the basis of particularly bad reviews from trusted sources.

Kinect is one of those products that really has to be tried hands on to get a legitimate opinion of anyway, so it will ultimately be word of mouth from early adopters that have the biggest impact on overall adoption rates.

Apparently (according to Neogaf) review units are being sent out at the end of this week and the embargo lifts on 1st of November...seems pretty industry standard to me

If the rumours of negative experiences / reviews turn out to be true - we should have a poll on what the level of 'returned' Kinects will be... Sony might even do a 'trade in your kinect for a Move' campaign LOL...

Around the Network

Once again another anti Kinect thread posted by a non 360 owner. Why are the PS3 owners so against Kinect? Shouldn't you be worried about your own system?

So, some of ya'll are saying that MS is pretty happy to 'use' the media to review all their games and AAA titles and then say 'screw them' all of a sudden when it comes to Kinect, and that's ok? That's a pretty far cry for justification here.

It's pretty sad to see anyone defend the 10% chance that this is some sought of good thing. Yea yea, we'll never know till it releases and all that...but an unbiased reaction to something like this will hold more doubt than promise.

Shonen said:
Legend11 said:
Shonen said:

Hum.... this is smelling a  big fat FAIL for me , when u don wanna people reviewing something its cuz it sucks... 

-Tomb Rainder Underworld

-FF 14 

---Kinectis ?

You forgot Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

One thing is to do a embargo , other is do not let the press to have the thing to write at least a preview or a hands-on (or hands-off in this case)

Haven't we been seeing previews and hands-on articles since E3? I mean most people have tried it already at some point and Microsoft even did a Kinect tour going from State to State. I mean if they were worried would they have done that?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

AnveL said:

i say they can't bear to get any negative review after throwing so much $$$ on this shit you see

shame that it's trying to let people feel that it's really so innovative but actually it's not so

after reviewers get to try on will know how simple this thing is gonna work just like Wii motion

only difference with Wii motion is in stead of wiggle just do it with your post that the game needed

it's not precise at all so no force needed too

First of all your English is terrible. Second of all have you tried Kinect? How do you know exactly how precise it is?

Oh microsoft...is this another dud on your hands?

Of course, they could be just toying with the media.