By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: “No Reviews of Kinect!”

tuscaniman said:

Once again another anti Kinect thread posted by a non 360 owner. Why are the PS3 owners so against Kinect? Shouldn't you be worried about your own system?

We are scared that it's success will force us to play "Pew, pew" games.

Forever....

Around the Network

Funny how some people are fishing anything negative on the net , concerning kinect , and starting threads on the MS forum , usually people with ps3 signatures. As if reviews for this kind of games matter , like the wii-sports game that became a phenomenon had glowing reviews.

The kinect train is coming and will crush the ps3 this holiday season, whether some people like it or not.

Oh that's right, because of 3 or 4 fails, now EVERYTHING Microsoft spends money advertising is insta-fail. I'm sure windows 95 was probably their biggest advertising budget as far as % of market capital in their history. It was a huge success. WIndows 7, huge success. Windows XP, huge success. Office 2007, huge success. Microsoft keyboards/mice, huge success. Vista, if you had a new computer, it was amazing... if you tried installing it on a computer from the year 2000, you were doing it wrong. They just didn't understand the target market on that one.

How about the big failure that was the sony clie, or sony betamax. Come on, anything MS makes isn't insta-failure. Anything they advertise has been pretty much a success. Windows Me pretty much had no budget because windows 2000 was already out and they had realized that the NT platform was better for home computers so XP was released soon after. The Kin had a target market of teenagers, and a comparatively small advertising budget.

The best you can do is RROD? Once they realized the magnitude of the problem, they spent billions of dollars rectifying the issue. You can guarantee, that after spending $500 million on marketing, that if it costs them another $200 million to fix an unforseen problem with the Kinect, it's in their budget.

johnglen said:

Funny how some people are fishing anything negative on the net , concerning kinect , and starting threads on the MS forum , usually people with ps3 signatures. As if reviews for this kind of games matter , like the wii-sports game that became a phenomenon had glowing reviews.

The kinect train is coming and will crush the ps3 this holiday season, whether some people like it or not.

Agreed :)

ithis said:
tuscaniman said:

Once again another anti Kinect thread posted by a non 360 owner. Why are the PS3 owners so against Kinect? Shouldn't you be worried about your own system?

We are scared that it's success will force us to play "Pew, pew" games.

Forever....

I know, ever since the wii came out, there hasn't been a single FPS or RPG that uses a standard controller. I wish nintendo would release a 'classic controller' or something of the like for their system so that gamers don't have to use the motion controls for everything. Oh, wait.....

Around the Network
Adobo said:
johnglen said:

Agreed :)

Doubly agreed.

Kinect will be huge. It will change the gaming industry.

More and more will embrace it once it goes on sale. It will be similar to what happened with the Wii. Kinect will likely bridge the gap between the casual and hardcore market for the 360 making the it  the complete console. But the haters will still bitch and moan looking for any chink in the the device's armor. Its sad how some people act on this site, it really is.

Basically I don't agree with the whole policy of review embargos.  Be it films, games, or whatever.  It simply defeats the whole purpose of reviews and giving the consumer visibility to information on what they are considering purchasing.

But hey, joe public has basically accepted it's okay for companies to have a say in when their offering gets reviewed and decide initial purchasers should buy 'blind' so I guess this will just be yet another instance furthering the practice.

BTW I'm pretty sure Kinect works, and this seems more about avoiding low scores for launch titles in the vein of Wii titles and the Move launch titles, which I doubly think is out of line.  The whole point of the system is reviews that exist ahead of the release - it's a bit pointless otherwise.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Maybe MS prefers the reviews of actual customers, instead of the gaming communtiy that seems bent on hating kinect. Kinect is out for so many casuals to use and talk about and tell their friends. They have them in malls, at stores, they have a kinect tour going. Why let the gaming press ruin that positive vibe from real people who have tried it. I don't read most game news because so much of it is slanted or biased. I think this is a good move by microsoft, let the casuals who are trying it out be the reviewers. There are enough people who have tried it talking about, and most who seem to have fun with it. You can just read this board here and get reviews from people who tried it firsthand, how much better than that is some gamespot or ign review.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116842

hands on review of connect

For M$'s sake, it better not be crap.  Otherwise sales will die hard after this holiday rush and they will lose a lot of money on Kinect.  Marketing will always be trumped by word of mouth eventually.

johnglen said:

funny cause you on the other hand are on Psmove threads 24/7 trashing it along with PPL that has xbox on their signitures.

LMAO niggah please you aint a saint you do the same thing on sony thread.