By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do YOU want to see in the Nextbox?

yum123 said:

i defenitly think they should reset both trophys and gamerscore points next gen other wise there just not valuable the numbers become rediculously high and meaningless

Here's what they should do. have two lists, one list for 360 gamerscore and one list for nextbox gamerscore

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
yum123 said:

i defenitly think they should reset both trophys and gamerscore points next gen other wise there just not valuable the numbers become rediculously high and meaningless

Here's what they should do. have two lists, one list for 360 gamerscore and one list for nextbox gamerscore

Don't forget you can already get acheivements on PC with GFWL so technically there are already 2 platforms from which to increase your gamerscore (which is unfair considerring on certain PC games it's very easy to cheat). I think they will have 2 seperate lists but a total will still be associated with each gamertag. It's an easy method of retaining customer loyalty to the X-box and Live brands.

I'd like:

Universal Video Capture - so I can record all my funny and amazing gaming sessions

Improved Custom Soundtracks - if I can't put my mp3s and aac's on the system, I should at least be able to make playlist.

Wifi built in from day one

Less than 20dB of noise coming out it and no humming or lawnmower noise

A disc drive with a read speed of at least 40MB/s - so when I install a game to my hdd, it doesn't take eons.

Support for Non-proprietary hard drives (more than 16GB anyway)

Support for : MKV, AC-3, NTFS, MPEG-2, VOB, Vorbis, FLV, 

all i want from all companies next gen is a system that won't break 2-3 years into its life and that is priced at or below 400 from launch .oh and i hope my dl stuff transfers over without hassle. as for the trophies/acheivement stuff i hope they dont reset it, they should just have three scores , 

using ps3 as example

ps3 score

ps4 score

combined score, 

the user woud have the option of choosing which one he can see 

it'll be a day 1 buy for me as long as its not as kinect heavy as the 360 is right now

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Around the Network

- Id like to see it called Xbox Dreamcast

- Id like it to be backwards compatible, with Sega Dreamcast

- I'd like to see Shenmue 3 as a lunch title with a 500 million dollar advertising budget

exclusive Metal Gear Solid 5

i'm going to be more wary about which console I buy next gen...ps360wii is just too much.  even though money isn't really an issue for me.  i'm guessing i stick with sony next gen but the deciding factor is exclusives.  imo MS needs to start building up a first party.  i can wait out a timed exclusive, what i want is a steady release of compelling games i can't get anywhere else otherwise what reason is the to own the system?

I think I will be happy with whatever ms decides to bring. .... unless it is all about motion controls.

Reliability, a lot of graphical power, blu-ray and if they stick with Kinect as main way to play it then at least bring a controller of sorts (a mix of Kinect and Move. That's the dream).

Anyways I feel like MS will be the way I'll go next gen, even over PC gaming, unless Sony or Nintendo bring out something incredible.