By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fallout 3: New Vegas' first DLC to be Xbox 360 exclusive

Looks like the close relationship between Microsoft and Bethesda continues. :)

http://kotaku.com/5666721/fallout-new-vegas-first-dlc-will-be-xbox exclusive

Bethesda’s just announced details on 360-exclusive DLC for Fallout: New Vegas.

No details on the DLC itself were given, but the press release said the “first downloadable content” would be exclusive to Xbox Live this holiday season, which seems to imply more would be coming to other consoles as well.

Info on the content will be “released in the coming weeks.”

“We’re excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox LIVE,” said Bethesda’s US PR boss Pete Hines.

“We have no doubt that gamers will be thrilled with seeing a new add-on pack extend their adventures with Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE,” added Microsoft GM product manager for IEB, Matt Barlow.

(More at the link)

Around the Network

Fuck!

Shouldn't really be a surprise, but I am a little tempted to cancel my order.

Timed DLC again? Eh, kinda wierd. I thought only Modern Warfare/Call of Duty would have stuff like that.

Granted the game is going to sell a lot more on the 360, but this is kinda a "Huh?" moment. I hope to God MS isn't paying for stuff like this.

It's just that simple.

I really don't see the point of having exclusive DLC. They're effectively devaluing other versions of their game. MS have to be paying for this as it just makes no business sense for Bethesda.

I think it's just another case of timed exclusivity.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

sounds about right; MS wouldn't pass up the chance to get some sort of exclusive agreement with a big title like that.

well at least they didnt flatly say its exclusive.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Looks like Amazon already shipped my order, so I can't cancel it (not that I would, anyway, after the masterpiece that was Fallout 3). But Amazon can't stop me from soiling myself in rage! Grrrrrrrrrr!

doesnt sound like good business for ps3 owners

sooner or later it will be on PC & PS3