By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect : $500 million in marketing, Will be bigger than Jesus!

badgenome said:
leatherhat said:
badgenome said:
disolitude said:

I see this happening as well. Damn, this thread went to shit in the 5 hours I was not here...

I don't agree. It's been a long time since I've seen an old fashioned, honest to goodness LIST WARZ. Keep it up, guys!

my grocery list is coming up next. Its gonna be brutal, so stick around. 

It's probably full of sequels. No wonder your diet is in decline YOY... people are losing interest!

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to:

- a kumquat (I've never had one before!)

- Fruity Pebbles (kids love it, and I haven't had any in at least a couple of years now, so this will be sort of a reboot)

- Metamucil (for the mature audience)

- an old favorite or two

- new, unannounced foods!

Final French Fry 7 remake confirmed

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:

Console rts games are abysmal. No thanks on this one. And I like that you say they can make games on ps3 as If that would entice me to a crappy console rts. 

Ms owns rare, they control them. And thus they assume responsibility for the studios success and failures. And MS made what was once a great company into someone who produces shovelware and makes avatar clothes.

Of course it entices you. You are so in love with your PS3 you post negative things in every 360 thread you can find.

Shovelware is one of those words that have lost all meaning. You play a role in that. Rare was great in the 16 bit days and had a lot of luck in the 64 bit days. Those Avatar clothes are probably more profitable than most games. Cheap to produce and they've sold many

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Console rts games are abysmal. No thanks on this one. And I like that you say they can make games on ps3 as If that would entice me to a crappy console rts. 

Ms owns rare, they control them. And thus they assume responsibility for the studios success and failures. And MS made what was once a great company into someone who produces shovelware and makes avatar clothes.

Of course it entices you. You are so in love with your PS3 you post negative things in every 360 thread you can find.

Shovelware is one of those words that have lost all meaning. You play a role in that. Rare was great in the 16 bit days and had a lot of luck in the 64 bit days. Those Avatar clothes are probably more profitable than most games. Cheap to produce and they've sold many

I actually just hate MS and the 360. Its just coincidence that I like sony as well. And I mostly play on PC anyway so its not like the console pissing war is a big deal to me. But it is interesting.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

I actually just hate MS and the 360. Its just coincidence that I like sony as well. And I mostly play on PC anyway so its not like the console pissing war is a big deal to me. But it is interesting.

So then why are you hanging out in the Microsoft forum?  Seems to me your only reason to be here is to post negative stuff about the company you hate.

leatherhat said:

Its because you don't want to comprehend. I'm not bitching about there spending because I have a stake in their finances. I'm bitching because they're spending all this money on Kinect and let their studios wither on the vine and not make any games. 

They aren't just spending this money on the Kinect. They are spending all this money rebranding the 360. Hence, this isn't just a Kinect marketing campaign. This is a huge marketing campaign for the Xbox 360. Clearly this rebranding hasn't hurt the 360. Its been topping the charts for months.

You need to stop being so concerned about Rare and Ensemble. You are only focused on MS's failures and not their successes.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I swear, MS just keeps making Sony looking good right about now...MS had let them get the edge up in graphics time & time again ever since Uncharted 2, they don't have any good exclusives outside of Gears Of War 3 (which won't come out until late next year), & instead of them focusing on those two things alone to try to match Sony, they decided to spend half a billion on advertising this garbage...

I don't know what's going through their heads right now...I just don't. Looks like they need someone smarter like myself to come in & shape them up. Seriously.

leatherhat said:

I believe you hate MS, but I don't believe your preference of Sony is a coincidence.

The console war pissing seems to be a very big deal to you. I see you bashing the 360 all the time.

Recently Completed

Garland said:

I swear, MS just keeps making Sony looking good right about now...MS had let them get the edge up in graphics time & time again ever since Uncharted 2, they don't have any good exclusives outside of Gears Of War 3 (which won't come out until late next year), & instead of them focusing on those two things alone to try to match Sony, they decided to spend half a billion on advertising this garbage...

I don't know what's going through their heads right now...I just don't. Looks like they need someone smarter like myself to come in & shape them up. Seriously.

Sorry. Nobody gives a shit about the graphics wars. No game Micorsoft could ever make has the potential to sell as many systems or make as much money as this. There's no way it'll fail with this kind of exposure. I made a thread after E3 2009 that Kinect (then Natal) would put the 360 on top on a weekly basis for the remainder of the generation. With the position the Wii is currently in and now seeing this, I think my crazy prediction may just become reality.

I didn't read anything in this thread, but

@ thread-title )

so that's why the 360 Kinect bundle shows an unholy cross huh?

damn, not something that will make me like this company

I wonder how it will look like in europe ...

Time to Work !