By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF VersusXIII going mutli? I think so.

zgamer5 said:

meh, se arent what they used to be, anyone who expects ff games to be exclusive are dilusional. thats never going to happen.

Exclusive, or even good. FFversusXIII is likely gonna be just like FFXIII, so I'm not interested one way or the other these days. The Last Remnant was the last straw (no pun intended), and FFXIII was just nasty tasting icing on the Sqeenix cake.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

If it does i'm done with Final Fantasy, they have been really half assing it and been releasing some unimpressive products lately and another dumbed down Final fantasy is the last straw.

Whats the big deal?

Wagram said:

As long as I can get it on my PS3, i'm good.

You are not a true Sony fan! Any true fan of their console desires not only that they be happy with their games, but also that people with other consoles be miserable :P

Seriously though, I expect it will hit the 360, which'll be some good money for S-E

deskpro2k3 said:
Darc Requiem said:

No those discs had poorly compressed scenes. Not to mention the fact that the first two discs of the 360 version of FFXIII had 1GB of of unused space each. I'm not saying that VsXIII on 360 would be identical to the PS3 version but if Treyarch can port CoD4 to Wii, I think VsXIII can be ported to 360.

Not the point. The point is whether or not a game can be as good multiplatform as an exclusive project.
...and it can't.

If FFXIII is any indication. They'll make the PS3 game then rush out a gimped 360 port. So unless own just a 360. You'd get same game. Not a rushed port with Sega Saturn quality compressed video. As someone stated before FF games aren't that big. FFXIII was 38.4GB. 6.8GB was game data, 31.6GB was CGI.

Around the Network

i think it will, since it is a bunch of Money Square could gain by porting it.

but if i were Sony, i would, atleast,  buy time exclusivity for this title.

but on teh other side, i dont care.. gimme Nippon Ichi Games exclusively on PS3 and i am happy, dood.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

but on teh other side, i dont care.. gimme Nippon Ichi Games exclusively on PS3 and i am happy, dood.

Enjoy them while you can.  NIS and MMV are in a heated competition to see who can bankrupt themselves fastest. :P

jarrod said:
Crystalchild said:

Enjoy them while you can.  NIS and MMV are in a heated competition to see who can bankrupt themselves fastest. :P

You will love that don't you especially NIS going bankrupt.

Some of you guys need to get off your high horse. Do you seriously think the Xbox 360 is the only reason FFXIII was linear? You think it has nothing to do with the fact most efforts were put towards the graphics and the fact that the game was rushed to market? Not every studio can afford to be like Polyphony or Nintendo and delay their most anticipated titles. Square wanted to cash in on December sales and they couldn't delay the game again.

Versus XIII has been in development even before FFXIII's development began which means this is a very expensive project. I'm not really sure Square can afford to not makethis game for 360 at this point. If they're smart they've probably already been working on a 360 version or at least made the necessary preparations to start earlier than FFXIII. The game looks like it will feature less CGI cutscenes too which means porting it will be even easier.

Basically everyone needs to chill out and realize bad games happen because the effort and/or time wasn't there. To blame the 360 for the many problems FFXIII had is foolish.

xeroxm3 said:

Some of you guys need to get off your high horse. Do you seriously think the Xbox 360 is the only reason FFXIII was linear? You think it has nothing to do with the fact most efforts were put towards the graphics and the fact that the game was rushed to market? Not every studio can afford to be like Polyphony or Nintendo and delay their most anticipated titles. Square wanted to cash in on December sales and they couldn't delay the game again.

Versus XIII has been in development even before FFXIII's development began which means this is a very expensive project. I'm not really sure Square can afford to not makethis game for 360 at this point. If they're smart they've probably already been working on a 360 version or at least made the necessary preparations to start earlier than FFXIII. The game looks like it will feature less CGI cutscenes too which means porting it will be even easier.

Basically everyone needs to chill out and realize bad games happen because the effort and/or time wasn't there. To blame the 360 for the many problems FFXIII had is foolish.

Yeah, i completetly agree, the people to blame are the developers, FF13 was in development before the 360 came out i think, 5/6 years. and the problem is that there 6 hours of cutscenes in FF13, now imo even if it was exclusive then those cutscenes would still be there, but i think this is why it has taken so long, because the amount of time it takes for the motion capture for these scenes, and the development of a game engine specifically for cutscenes.

has nothing to do with the 360. the developers and SE head Wada are to blame. as far as i'm concerned, until this conference in Jan, i think that Versus will be more of the same and that the 360 sales will be less than FF13 anyway. and well its up to them, but at the moment i think the series needs as much exposure as possible so this is a good move, however if Versus is like FF13, then that exposure could be counter productive.