By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF VersusXIII going mutli? I think so.

I want it to stay exclusive. I want to see how different the sales would be for a exclusive ff on this generation of consoles.

Around the Network

Meh, who cares? The game's never coming out.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Naughty Dog had a listing recently where 360 experience was required.....its just something game devs do.

but it's for Versus not whole SE

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/recruit/career/job/game/planner_index.html

oh c'mon.. They are just looking for people with experience with both HD knowledge.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ajescent said:

Been calling this for so long now I lost track, it's gonna happen folks, deal with it. E3 2011 inbound!

2012 March release in Europe and North America. Two years after the Final Fantasy XIII launch. FF Versus XIII may stay exclusive in Japan but it will not remain exclusive in the West. 750k to 1 million sales for 360 in the West is too hard to pass up on. Port a game for next to nothing to pick up some easy sales. 

Around the Network

Especially now, in light of how 14 turned out, I would not be at all surprised to see SE port it to make a few quick extra bucks.  Sure the 360 version may be inferior, but as long as it brings in some cash i don't think Wada will lost too much sleep over it...

brendude13 said:

The tiny amount of extra sales on the XBOX 360 will not cover the costs of the porting and possible changes they have to make to the game...not to mention the amount of people that say "if Versus goes multi...im not buying it"...it just doesn't add up in the end...there isn't much of a benefit to put it on the XBOX 360...maybe Micro$oft's dump trucks full of money are covering the porting costs...wouldn't surprise me...

The biggest downside is ovcourse the fact that the game will not end up being optimised for the PS3...content will have to be cut so the games structure fits nicely on a shit load of discs...and the game will end up arriving in 2015...

Oh happy days >_>

FFXIII will end up passing two million in sales to consumers on Xbox 360.  Versus will likely need to sell around two hundred thousand copies to make a port profitable.

The number of people that say they won't purchase a game they really want because it went multi-platform is miniscule.  If someone doesn't buy Versus because of that, they likely wouldn't have bought it anyway.

The game has been in development for years.  A basic understanding of the console's technology indicates that while some compression is indeed often present in Xbox 360 games, the console's faster maximum read speeds means it doesn't often need as much data to produce the same results (in other words, often the Blu-Ray's space isn't used for extra content, it is used to duplicate the SAME content thereby reducing seek times).  The likelihood that content SE have paid for the development of would be cut so that the game would fit on say two discs instead of three is miniscule.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Does this look familiar to you?

This is pretty much the same tactic they are using over again to hire people. imo

The media is just blowing things way over head.

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/recruit/career/job/game/ge_index.html

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The wait for 360 version to be announced list:

wait for...

E3(gone pass)X

Gamescom(gone pass)X

TGS(gone pass)X

S-E conference(???)

NEXT UP...

E32011

gamescom 2011

TGS2011

If still not announced.....

E32012

gamescome 2012

TGS2012

IF STILL NOT ANNOUNCED....

E3 2013

etc etc.....

It will be announced JUST KEEP WAIT FOR(inster even) right guys??????? RIGHT???????? telll me IM RIGHT!!!!

I gotta say it - F*K SE to hell if it happens. It's not that I care about FF13vs going 360 - so be it... but don't cock tease PS3 FF fans with lies.  SE is going down the shit hole IMO>

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil