By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Ping_ii said:

HAHA!I knew it was only a matter of time before you say sumthing like that.

Have a nice ban.

You don't get banned for saying things like that. You've insulted and laughed at my opinions far more. Ignoring information, and other peoples opinions just because you think differently, and trying to force your opinions as "correct" just shows ignorance. Simple as that, it's not an insult, and I'm not LOLing at your statements because I don't agree with them, which is an insult.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:

IGN bases popular games's reviews on hype, not the game itslef. Do you honestly believe that if the hype was smaller, the game would have got the same score???  

Well now that I played the game for a few hours, yes I do. I disagree with you on IGN reviews, I think everyone gives some games too much credit because of hype (MW2 with it's 4-5 hour campaign vs. Medal of Honor), you can't focus it on one source. IGN in gereral I found gave PS3 gaves over inflated reviews (Resistance 2 - 9.5?), and generally they let one or two people have too much power in judging the review score (Super Mario Galaxy 2 and GTA IV 10/10??).

Overall I found that their scores might not be the most repesentative of the reasoning, but their comments are solid. Reading their review, I see that all my concerns about the game have come back to dissapoint me, and I can see why they gave GT5 such a low score (GT1-4 got 9.5 or 9.8 scores, so you can't blaime hype).

Personally I feel the game deserves a little higher of a score, perhaps a 9/10 simply because the amount of content, but it's still full of disapointments.

I'm going to wait for IGN Europe and GameTrailers to make their reviews. Generally I find GT the most reasonable score-wise, but IGN explains the reasoning best.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Jay520 said:
Yamu said:

Hey hey Blue remember when you said week 1 would be 4.5 million? and now its expected to open to 2.2-2.4 million?

And remember when i said itd open to 2-2.5 million?

Well look who was more right.

He's banned. Wish he wasn't. the arguments were entertaining. 

It was entertaining for a bit, but after a while it just got annoying, especially if you were the one trying to talk sence into him.

Awwwwww look @ that, 1.8m first 2 days and an estimation of 2.4-2.5m first week which is the same as GT4 on a console with over 100m userbase.

So much for hurting the sales LOL!! I knew it.

postofficebuddy said:

So with preliminary sales suggesting an opening as high or higher than GT4 I'd say my prediction of 2nd best selling is looking pretty good right now.

Preliminary sales don't suggest that. GT4 opened with 2.5 million week 1, in the months of December-Japan/February-US/March-EU.

GT5 sold 1.8 million in 2 days, including Black Friday, during the peak holiday season.

GT5 could open anywhere between 2-3 million week 1, and considering it has Black Friday sales in Americas, I think the game would need to do over 2.5 million just to be on even ground with GT4.

Even then because of the different release time in the calendar year, your going to have to wait a few months before you can say anything conclusive. I mean CoD:MW2 almost outsold Halo 3 2:1 in the first 10 weeks, but lifetime it will only get 10-20% greater sales. It's because Halo was released in September where CoD was released in the holiday window.

Around the Network
Ping_ii said:

Awwwwww look @ that, 1.8m first 2 days and an estimation of 2.4-2.5m first week which is the same as GT4 on a console with over 100m userbase.

So much for hurting the sales LOL!! I knew it.

It's actually following my predicted values spot on, so :P.

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
postofficebuddy said:

So with preliminary sales suggesting an opening as high or higher than GT4 I'd say my prediction of 2nd best selling is looking pretty good right now.

Preliminary sales don't suggest that. GT4 opened with 2.5 million week 1, in the months of December-Japan/February-US/March-EU.

GT5 sold 1.8 million in 2 days, including Black Friday, during the peak holiday season.

GT5 could open anywhere between 2-3 million week 1, and considering it has Black Friday sales in Americas, I think the game would need to do over 2.5 million just to be on even ground with GT4.

Even then because of the different release time in the calendar year, your going to have to wait a few months before you can say anything conclusive. I mean CoD:MW2 almost outsold Halo 3 2:1 in the first 10 weeks, but lifetime it will only get 10-20% greater sales. It's because Halo was released in September where CoD was released in the holiday window.

I don't think the first two days included Black Friday, and it's also just one day in Japan

No it doesn't it clearly says in the preview 2 days in EMEAA and America and 1 day in Japan.

that means Nov.24th and 25th sales for EMEAA and US, and NOV.25th sales from Japan.

NO BLACKFRIDAY since thats 26th.

2st or 3st IMO,but i really hope it can be a 10 million seller

pezus said:

I don't think the first two days included Black Friday, and it's also just one day in Japan

Oh yes your right, my mistake. Well were still going to have to wait a week to see how well the game sold. If it does any less then 2.5 million (GT4 week 1), during peak holiday season, thats not a good indicator of strong lifetime sales.

That said VGChartz expects about 2.5 million. So sub 10 million lifetime predictions are probably the most accurate ones.

Michael-5 said:
pizzahut451 said:

IGN bases popular games's reviews on hype, not the game itslef. Do you honestly believe that if the hype was smaller, the game would have got the same score???  

Well now that I played the game for a few hours, yes I do. I disagree with you on IGN reviews, I think everyone gives some games too much credit because of hype (MW2 with it's 4-5 hour campaign vs. Medal of Honor), you can't focus it on one source. IGN in gereral I found gave PS3 gaves over inflated reviews (Resistance 2 - 9.5?), and generally they let one or two people have too much power in judging the review score (Super Mario Galaxy 2 and GTA IV 10/10??).

Overall I found that their scores might not be the most repesentative of the reasoning, but their comments are solid. Reading their review, I see that all my concerns about the game have come back to dissapoint me, and I can see why they gave GT5 such a low score (GT1-4 got 9.5 or 9.8 scores, so you can't blaime hype).

Personally I feel the game deserves a little higher of a score, perhaps a 9/10 simply because the amount of content, but it's still full of disapointments.

I'm going to wait for IGN Europe and GameTrailers to make their reviews. Generally I find GT the most reasonable score-wise, but IGN explains the reasoning best.

The IGN review is flawed. First, there's no mention of 3D and how it affects the game, which might be one of the reasons why the game was delayed in the first place.

Second: "And like bumper cars they're likely to bounce off each other with little consequence. The inclusion of damage is so slight as to be insignificant, and even the most violent of crashes will only result in a polygon shifting slightly ajar."

This reviewer didn't even know that there are 2 other levels of car damage, which are unlocked at levels 20 and 40. This serves only as further proof that reviewers need to spend more time with a game before judging it. Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would waste their time on such an incomplete review.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E