By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Michael-5 said:
Ping_ii said:
Michael-5 said:

By valid, I mean an actual point, not just a critisism. Poor choice of words, proper was probably better.

How can I be wrong, do you know GT5's lifetime sales? Are you from 2015? No, this is all opinion, and as long as I have reasoning behind my claims, who are you to tell me I'm wrong? This is why I don't want to debate with you, when your first statement is an insult, and your opinion is somehow more correct then mine without almost any backing, why bother?

Mario is different from GT, sales are more dependant on game type then score. This is why New Super Mario Bros has sold so well in the year before it was bundled, but Super Mario Galaxy hasn't been nearly as successful.

You told me, but why is your opinion greater then mine? 8.5 is a serious enough score to hurt sales, and I never stated that GT5 sales will be terrible because of the score, I only said it will hurt it's sales. Stop trying to defend GT by attacking me, I didn't really even attack the game. If you had actually read my post, you would see your creating a huge fuss over a small adjustment of mine.

Oh wow so your 5 hours into the very first Mass Effect and 5 hours into a last generation Fable game. You must be an expert on the series since you played two of the oldest installments. They are completly different games, they may both be WRPG's, but Mass Effect has a large shooter component to the game, while Fable is more of an Action WRPG, and it incorportates MMO elements. Fable and ME have also drastically changed since their initial installment. You can't compare games this different, it would be like comparing Alan Wake to Heavy Rain, or Gears of War to Uncharted, they are just not the same type of game at all.

Ohh WOW 8.5 is serious to hurt sales? how exactly do you know this? ironic comming from sum1 who just said "are you from the 2015" LOL!!!!

Gears and uncharted are both TPS doesn't matter which way you look @ it, they might have different story and setting but in the end it doesn't change the fact that they are both TPS. ME and Fable too doesnt matter if one goes for medival/fantasy type and the other one goes  for sci-fi space type they are still both WRPG and have the same audience.

Seriously that 8.5 will hurt the sales reason confirmed that I shouldn't bother with you at all.....I litterally  LOLéd @ that I thought it was a joke.

This is not a debate, this is you trying to critisize me because I have a different view.

If you think Uncharted 2 and Gears are similar games because they are both TPS's, you have a lot to learn about the gaming market. Halo and CoD do not appeal to entirely the same audience (although there is overlap). One is a sci-fi FPS, one is a historical FPS. This is equivalanet to saying that the Matrix and Rambo appeal to the same audience because they are both action movies. You fail to realize that to many people the sci-fi vs historical category mean more then FPS does on its own.

Fable and ME are completly different games that appeal to a different audience. I for example don't care at all for Fable, I'm not a fan, but Fallout 3, and Mass Effect (two largly shooter based WRPG's) are among my favorite games ever. You can't compare the sales of the 2, it would be as idiotic as comparing Killzone and Halo sales.

and I never said confirmed, why are you throwing words into my mouth? Your so very ignorant you can't even accept when others have a different view from you, your no better then Blue and Ginyu.

Just stop talking to me if your goal is to insult and annoy me.

HAHA!I knew it was only a matter of time before you say sumthing like that.

Have a nice ban.

Around the Network

A few variables here and there, this game could do mario kart sales.  It all comes down to bundeling and if its successor will come out this gen or not.  Yamaguchi being featured on Top Gear would help among other things. 

Michael-5 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Michael-5 said:
Blue3 said:

GT4 did 2.5m first week.

Craked 4 million in 3 weeks, with no holiday sales in NA or Europe. 

Yet Gt5 will do less while releasing before Balck Friday and getting 4 weeks of sales leading up to that little Dec 24th date.

IGN, one of the largest online gaming networks gave GT5 an 8.5 out of 10. Thats lower then not only every console GT game IGN has ever reviewed, but also lower then every single Forza Motorsport ever reviewed.

Do you still think GT5 will sell as well as prior GT's? How can it have legs just as strong without the same quality as previous games to back it up? Nevermind the smaller fanbase, and the shrinking popularity of consoles in Japan, and the Playstation brand in Americas...

Just so other people are aware, IGN gave GT2 and GT3 a 9.8/10, GT1, GT4, and Forza Motorsport 1 a 9.5/10, FM3 a 9.4/10, and FM2 an 8.9/10. GT5 got 8.5 out of 10, lower then every console GT game, and Forza Motorsport, and coincidently the same score as GT5P. GT PSP got a 6.8/10 and if you pay attention to sales that game is a critical disapointment.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm not so sure my original 8.5 million prediction was that far off anymore, but I still think 9.3 million lifetime.

i think it'll sell 10 million in the end, i've been playing all all day  and it is the best GT to date regardless of some of the flaws. its just a joy to play and the fans of the series are gonna love it. its just classic gran turismo. new people to racing games and peope who aint played GT before may think its a bit bleak but the majority of GT players are hardcore fans of the series. which is why it'll sell more than 10 million. the fans havnt just vanished all of a sudden.

I'm waiting for a "buy 2 get 1 free" promo Best Buy does every year to pick mine up, but I genuinly enjoyed this IGN review. I'm a huge fan of the series and it brought all my concerns into attention, and unfortunatly from what I read GT has not met those concerns.

I'm really excited about this game especially the simulator aspect, I've had instances where I've tried to stop a FF car at 200km/h (124 mph), in the rain, and it really fishtails. Also windsheild wiper blades on a normal car don't work at those speeds. I'm excited to see GT emulate this, it will no doubt be the best.

However reading this review, new concerns were raised to me. The non-responsive AI for one. How can a game this polished have AI that don't pay attention to your driving choices? Why do they not try to avoid collisions? This is something that would seriously take away from the game for me.

Also, only 200 cars only have in car views? I was really hopinh to race some of my friends cars, as well as my own, with an in car view and compare the game with the real life aspects of the car. Including how the car sounds, feels, stops, corners, accelerates, and how well the odometers follow the engine revs. However there seems to be a massive gap in quality between car models.

I'm sorry if I rant, but I am seriously dissapointed with this review score. I'll hae to judge the game for myself this week as one of my friends already has it and has invited me over for some multiplayer racing. Hope other reviews are higher because it's sad when Need for Speed gets a higher review score then GT..

IGN bases popular games's reviews on hype, not the game itslef. Do you honestly believe that if the hype was smaller, the game would have got the same score???  

Early data about French shippings, Italian preorders and Finnish first day sales suggest that 1.8-2.0M first day in EU alone are possible (whole Europe and EMEAA would be quite larger). Possible means possible, not certain.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82843/gran-turismo-5-sells-18m-in-two-days-worldwide/

It's well on its way now.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Vexxmania said:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82843/gran-turismo-5-sells-18m-in-two-days-worldwide/

It's well on its way now.

No full week and near GT4 fist week: 2,523,055.

The others GTs had no data on VGC.

Hey hey Blue remember when you said week 1 would be 4.5 million? and now its expected to open to 2.2-2.4 million?

And remember when i said itd open to 2-2.5 million?

Well look who was more right.

Yamu said:

Hey hey Blue remember when you said week 1 would be 4.5 million? and now its expected to open to 2.2-2.4 million?

And remember when i said itd open to 2-2.5 million?

Well look who was more right.

He's banned. Wish he wasn't. the arguments were entertaining. 

So with preliminary sales suggesting an opening as high or higher than GT4 I'd say my prediction of 2nd best selling is looking pretty good right now.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

No chance in Satan's hell it sells the most, my guess is it'll have impressive legs from this point on and will be the second best selling GT game in the series.

My reasons: The PS3's install base is NOWHERE near the PS2's.  To sell up to 2nd best in the series would be a feat.  Those who think it'll be top - the game market is far more clogged with quality games, particularly for the PS3's case - so I think the anticipation that it'll have monumental legs to get 15mil, is a stretch.