By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should EA surrender the War FPS genre to Activision?

Should EA surrender the War FPS genre to Activision?

Yes , kill Medal Of Honour 22 27.50%

No, don't give in fight CoD 58 72.50%

Total:80

I was shocked to read recently that EA may actually bury Medal Of Honour if the latest title does not actually sell 3-million units. As long as I remember playing war games their has been Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honour they were the first two real solid war franchises.

I loved always picking whether I wanted to buy the latest Medal Of Honour or the latest Call Of Duty. Some times I'd buy Medal of Honour sometimes CoD. Lately for example I bought CoD:MW2 then this year bought Medal Of Honour and decided to skip Black Ops.

Shouldn't EA continue the fight, or do you think they should roll over and play dead (Discontinue Medal of Honour)?

Do you want to see EA continue competing with Activision or should CoD have a monopoly over the war games genre?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

give it one more shot I say, and if that doesn't work let actvision kill CoD then come back...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I think EA should surrender the military FPS shooter, but not the genre.

I think they have the potential go make something new and be successful

People give up too easily, the game isn't even out in the uk yet (I don't think) and already people are calling for them to shut up shop? Jesus...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

you do know EA has battlefield? because that's made by dice, and EA owns them.

Around the Network

Yes, keep Medal of Honor dormant for 2 years in order for Call of Duty 2K[fill in the year] to lose prestige and selling power with annual releases, then release another Medal of Honor game. This way the fans will want an alternative to Call of Duty 2K[fill in the year] as opposed to a yearly Call of Duty vs. Medal of Honor sales fight. 

Activision will eventually milk the Call of Duty cow dry. Wait until it is just about dry, then tip the cow over with a much anticipated 2 year long wait for the latest, greatest Medal of Honor game.

I didn't vote because i think Battlefield/MoH/CoD can coexist. I believe Battlefield has sold about 5m, a huge success if you look at the competition and its predecessor sales. And MoH looks to have a 2m opening week and 4m lifetime. Sure Battlefield/MoH wont sell 15m but it doesn't mean they flopped.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Competition is good for the genre and more broadly the industry.

EA should pay the Infinity Ward guys to make a MoH.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

EA has Battlefield which is in my opinon a far superior game than cod or MOH.