By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are PS360 fans kicking the wii while it's down?

Bong Lover said:

Some seem to be, and it's every bit as charming as fans who boast about winning the 4th quarter 14 - 12 in a game they lost 62 - 18

Around the Network

I am a fan of Nintendo, but I am kind of happy to see this happen.  In the earlier part of this generation, Nintendo was sitting around while cash was being unloaded in their office by the truckloads.  In all honesty, I think Nintendo will have a much better console next generation for Nintendo fans like myself (fan, not fanboy).

HDTV caught on and now it's Nintendo's turn to catch up.  The Wii did get them out of the rut they were in for the home console market - which I think is a good thing.  The next console will probably come about in 2012 for Nintendo with 2014 for Sony and MS.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

I am a fan of Nintendo, but I am kind of happy to see this happen.  In the earlier part of this generation, Nintendo was sitting around while cash was being unloaded in their office by the truckloads.  In all honesty, I think Nintendo will have a much better console next generation for Nintendo fans like myself (fan, not fanboy).

HDTV caught on and now it's Nintendo's turn to catch up.  The Wii did get them out of the rut they were in for the home console market - which I think is a good thing.  The next console will probably come about in 2012 for Nintendo with 2014 for Sony and MS.

Nintendo cannot be given a two year lead.  I expect sooner hopefully.  :X

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113516&page=1

mM

Considering the level at which the PS360 are outselling the Wii, it would take another 3-4 years for the Wii to hit 40%. nevermind 30% marketshare. By that point it wont matter, as new consoles will be released.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Raze said:

Considering the level at which the PS360 are outselling the Wii, it would take another 3-4 years for the Wii to hit 40%. nevermind 30% marketshare. By that point it wont matter, as new consoles will be released.

I don't think anyone minds if Ninty doesn't go that low, many just want Sony and MS  to get the better results that many think they deserve.  All opinions anyway  :)

toastboy44562 said:

The PS3 AND 360 continue to outsell the wii week by week. But the big boosters haven't even happened yet.

GT5 will push PS3 even more

Kinect will push 360 even more

Can wii get less than 30% marketshare for Q4 2010?

The Wii hasn't had a major release since Metroid: Other M, back in August/September. As a result, it should surprise nobody that, without either major releases or a major sales period (Christmas), Wii sales would be down. Meanwhile, the 360 and PS3 have gotten multiple significant releases in this period.

However, with the christmas period coming up and multiple significant Wii releases due within that period, I could definitely see Wii pulling ahead again. Notable releases, by the way, include Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Just Dance 2, Goldeneye 007, probably Call of Duty: Black Ops, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time, Sonic Colors, HAWX 2, Pokepark Wii, FlingSmash, Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes, and maybe Flip's Twisted World, Deca Sports 3, NBA Jam, and Shaun White Skateboarding.

Also, GT5 got delayed, and may not make it out by the end of the year, and I don't think it'll have as big an impact as you hope, mostly because many people interested in GT5 probably got GT5 prologue, and thus already own a PS3. And I very much doubt that Kinect will drive sales for any significant period of time. This isn't to say that either system is lacking in major releases, just that those two aren't likely to be the major drivers you think they will.

Raze said:

"Can wii get less than 30% marketshare for Q4 2010?"

well, things like that happen if people join our mature sales discussions with "rofl but teh Wii outsells both combined trololololo" , it's karma ;) j/k

Aielyn said:
toastboy44562 said:

The PS3 AND 360 continue to outsell the wii week by week. But the big boosters haven't even happened yet.

GT5 will push PS3 even more

Kinect will push 360 even more

Can wii get less than 30% marketshare for Q4 2010?

The Wii hasn't had a major release since Metroid: Other M, back in August/September. As a result, it should surprise nobody that, without either major releases or a major sales period (Christmas), Wii sales would be down. Meanwhile, the 360 and PS3 have gotten multiple significant releases in this period.

However, with the christmas period coming up and multiple significant Wii releases due within that period, I could definitely see Wii pulling ahead again. Notable releases, by the way, include Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Just Dance 2, Goldeneye 007, probably Call of Duty: Black Ops, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time, Sonic Colors, HAWX 2, Pokepark Wii, FlingSmash, Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes, and maybe Flip's Twisted World, Deca Sports 3, NBA Jam, and Shaun White Skateboarding.

Also, GT5 got delayed, and may not make it out by the end of the year, and I don't think it'll have as big an impact as you hope, mostly because many people interested in GT5 probably got GT5 prologue, and thus already own a PS3. And I very much doubt that Kinect will drive sales for any significant period of time. This isn't to say that either system is lacking in major releases, just that those two aren't likely to be the major drivers you think they will.

Wii party

and half the games you listed are on the ps3... or have already been released...

mM