By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official... ugh (GT5)

that sucks...

Around the Network

If they don't release it this year I'm going to break sony in half. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

And suddenly all my interest in this game just died...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:

Its probably just a few weeks, no reason to lose interest. Just to  get a little angry.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Vanbierk said:
smbu2000 said:

Well Kotaku has a small update on their original artice. Still not really sure when it will be delayed until, or so it seems:

http://kotaku.com/5662886/gran-turismo-5-delayed-now-coming-this-holiday-season

Update: SCEA tells Kotaku that the delay is indeed global adding that they can't elaborate on whether "holiday season" could mean early 2011. When asked for specifics about the cause of the delay they only said that "Polyphony is optimizing ever aspect to provide the best racing experience."

In reality, Polyphony just doesn't seem to know how long it takes them to do Anything at all...so I don't even know why they bothered giving a release date before the game was fully completed

THIS.

Seriously, the GT5 project has been managed HORRIBLY.  Every project must have a completion date that you work toward.  If that means cutting features you hope to put in, then that's what it means.  Could you imagine if Avatar kept getting delayed like this how much that would've screwed up the movie industry?  Did Cameron have things he wished he could get in but didn't have time?  Of COURSE he did!

Anyway, the fact that they are not denying the possibility of a 2011 release now, then that should BOTHER everyone looking forward to this coming out this year.  Its a really simple thing to say "its a short delay and it'll be here for Christmas", but they obviously can't commit to that.  2011 release not only possible, but maybe even likely.  SCE needs to get a grip on these developers and soon.  These holiday delays are hurting their business.

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Ajescent said:

Its probably just a few weeks, no reason to lose interest. Just to  get a little angry.

I'm sceptical of all of this, the fact that there doesn't seem to be a new date is what annoys me the most- no that's a lie, the most annoying this is the "perfect experience" line they keep giving, it's really getting old now.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

BAAAAAAHAHAHHA, what could they possibly be doing less than 3 weeks before the game comes out?

"Oh wait, we forgot to add 300 more cars, we're uh... we're 99% done."

Darth Tigris said:
Vanbierk said:
smbu2000 said:

Well Kotaku has a small update on their original artice. Still not really sure when it will be delayed until, or so it seems:

http://kotaku.com/5662886/gran-turismo-5-delayed-now-coming-this-holiday-season

Update: SCEA tells Kotaku that the delay is indeed global adding that they can't elaborate on whether "holiday season" could mean early 2011. When asked for specifics about the cause of the delay they only said that "Polyphony is optimizing ever aspect to provide the best racing experience."

In reality, Polyphony just doesn't seem to know how long it takes them to do Anything at all...so I don't even know why they bothered giving a release date before the game was fully completed

THIS.

Seriously, the GT5 project has been managed HORRIBLY.  Every project must have a completion date that you work toward.  If that means cutting features you hope to put in, then that's what it means.  Could you imagine if Avatar kept getting delayed like this how much that would've screwed up the movie industry?  Did Cameron have things he wished he could get in but didn't have time?  Of COURSE he did!

Anyway, the fact that they are not denying the possibility of a 2011 release now, then that should BOTHER everyone looking forward to this coming out this year.  Its a really simple thing to say "its a short delay and it'll be here for Christmas", but they obviously can't commit to that.  2011 release not only possible, but maybe even likely.  SCE needs to get a grip on these developers and soon.  These holiday delays are hurting their business.

Keep in mind that they already have so much invested into the project that if Polyphony Digital says they need a few weeks to finish something vital...what is Sony management supposed to say?

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

patapon said:

That's awful. O_O

Stupid PT Cruiser...