By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans, who do you want see OUT of the console race?

9Chiba said:

Can you name me one game that released before Killzone which has the same gritty atmosphere?

can you name me one gamer that plays games just for atmosphere?

me, a game with a great atmosphere are always fun to play........

Around the Network
KungKras said:
9Chiba said:

Can you name me one game that released before Killzone which has the same gritty atmosphere?

You got to it before me xD

Altohugh my reply was going to be: "So a gritty atmosphere = an original and outstanding game?"

coming from nintendo fans who enjoy games with no story what so ever and pride them selves of the same rehash 2d mario over and over and over

lol the irony there is amazing XD

huaxiong90 said:
KungKras said:
9Chiba said:

Altohugh my reply was going to be: "So a gritty atmosphere = an original and outstanding game?"

Did I say that? You're saying it's generic, which means, it has no points of its own. So are you going to answer my question now? Or just dodging my point?

There's a difference between a flawed game and a mediocre game.

Are you really trying to make the point that the gritty atmosphere of Killzone sets it apart from other shooters?

I bet you think TimeShift and Singularity are highly original games as well.

Killzone are standard shooters, so what if they made the graphics pretty and nailed the atmosphere. They still play just like your average FPS.

To answer your question, I believe BLACK for PS2 and Xbox had a similar gritty style, just not in a sci-fi setting.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
huaxiong90 said:
KungKras said:
9Chiba said:

Did I say that? You're saying it's generic, which means, it has no points of its own. So are you going to answer my question now? Or just dodging my point?

Are you really trying to make the point that the gritty atmosphere of Killzone sets it apart from other shooters?

Killzone are standard shooters, so what if they made the graphics pretty and nailed the atmosphere. They still play just like your average FPS.

To answer your question, I believe BLACK for PS2 and Xbox had a similar gritty style, just not in a sci-fi setting.

Actually, FYI, atmosphere can in fact set a shooter apart from others.

As for TimeShift and Singularity: That's why I said there's a difference between a flawed game and a mediocre game.

And as for Black...I don't see how they're similar at all...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Guys this thread is for Nintendo Fans ONLY, they are free to talk about Sony and Microsoft all they want here, thats why i made it , to see WHY they dislike them ,not to start arguments.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
KungKras said:
huaxiong90 said:
KungKras said:
9Chiba said:

As for TimeShift and Singularity: That's why I said there's a difference between a flawed game and a mediocre game.

You know, you shoot things. For some people the shooters are all the same. Just like I don't see any difference between mario, sonic or any other generic platformer.

evolution_1ne said:
KungKras said:
9Chiba said:

coming from nintendo fans who enjoy games with no story what so ever and pride them selves of the same rehash 2d mario over and over and over

lol the irony there is amazing XD

The original point that I was replying to was that Sony made new IPs instead of reusing their IPs like Nintnedo.

I responded by pointing out that even though Sony makes new IPs, there is nothing original about most of said new IPs, and I listed the biggest first party games that Sony had and compared them to 3rd party games in the same genre. (The only truly original IPs they have being LBP and the ICO games)

So I fail to see the irony that you are seeing,

Now I want you to find me one third party game that is like Zelda OoT, one FPS that is like the Metroid Primes, and one game that was like Super Smash Bros before it came out. It's impossible. It seems like Nintendo's games actually stand out from all the standard genre-defined games of third parties and the like doesn't it?

Also, you shouldn't forget how many genres Nintnedo has pioneered. Sony and MS are now making Wii sports clones for example.

Nintnedo hasn't made new IP in a long time, but the IP that they already have does stand out from all other games that the industry makes, unlike MS and Sony's new games, that mostly just takes proven concepts and applies them to already well-defined genres.

I LOVE ICELAND!

huaxiong90 said:
KungKras said:
huaxiong90 said:
KungKras said:
9Chiba said:

It would take a REALLY different atmosphere to be something that sets a game apart from the rest, and Killzone doesn't have that.

Both Killzone and Black has very detailed graphics, and both are dark and gritty. Explain how the atmosphere is different.

I LOVE ICELAND!

EA and Activision. They both are moronic companies that don't care about gamers at all.

KungKras said:

Now I want you to find me one third party game that is like Zelda OoT, one FPS that is like the Metroid Primes, and one game that was like Super Smash Bros before it came out. It's impossible. It seems like Nintendo's games actually stand out from all the standard genre-defined games of third parties and the like doesn't it?

inspirations are not rip offs, don't you know SSB is inspired by this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxapXSAijw

Metroid Prime is also not the first FPS ever created btw, or should i say First Person Adventure (since metroid isn't a "shooter" in that sense )

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.