By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vitality Sensor available now!

For Android and iPhone 4.

I have no idea how accurate it is, but it operates on the same principle as Nintendo's Vitality Sensor (measuring light passing through the blood in your finger). It was just such a damn clever adaptation of smartphone equipment that I had to post it somewhere.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

So can it be applied to games? If not is just one of the many apps used just to show how fucking amazing your iPhone is...and not much else.

While, the only game we know uses VS has an amazing concept...relaxing! Seriously, Nintendo is really trying to make you live with just videogames: you can be an hero, you can play sports, you can relax yourself...I like that!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

It was pretty close on my Android.  Listen to the warning though and use in a well lit room.  It was way off in a dark room.

How dare you to play with my hopes so much! >:(

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Buzzi said:

So can it be applied to games? If not is just one of the many apps used just to show how fucking amazing your iPhone is...and not much else.

While, the only game we know uses VS has an amazing concept...relaxing! Seriously, Nintendo is really trying to make you live with just videogames: you can be an hero, you can play sports, you can relax yourself...I like that!

Can it? Well, sure it can.

Will it? Probably not. Though there's nothing stopping these guys from tying it in with some soothing sounds and online leaderboards and calling it iRelax.

But c'mon, aren't you a teensy bit impressed with the ingenuity of these guys? It's not like Apple and HTC and Motorola set out to build heart monitors...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing

Around the Network
voty2000 said:

It was pretty close on my Android.  Listen to the warning though and use in a well lit room.  It was way off in a dark room.

Well-lit? I thought it needed to use the camera LED. Are you telling me they can do it just with strong ambient light?

famousringo said:
voty2000 said:

Well-lit? I thought it needed to use the camera LED. Are you telling me they can do it just with strong ambient light?

Not all android phones have a light, mine doesn't.  If you have a light then it might work in a dark room.

That came out of the blue!

Above: still the best game of the year.

Sometimes, I hate misleading topic titles. This is one of those times.

neat