By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What about Russia , China and India?

realill said:

There is no Nintendo in Russia, but there are Sony and MS here. They do sell a lot of stuff beside games you know.

Nifiga, rebjata iz Strany Igr utverzhdajut, chto oni otkryvajut sobstvennyj ofis jetoj osen'ju =P

I believe I have some data on Russia and China, but I'm too lazy to bother. Besides it's around here somewhere, just search VGC. Concerning Nintendo these question are raised by investors pratically every Q&A session, read them if you're interested. Iwata stance is pretty solid. Though they are planning to launch Nintendo platforms in BRIC midterm, but for now he believes that these markets won't support software at prices that high (and rightfully so, Nintendo had a bitter experience selling SNES games here).

BTW Nintendo is opening office in Russia this fall (previously they run business via official representative, the same goes for China, they're selling hardware there under iQue brand).

Around the Network

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.madfanboy.com/site/gran-turismo-5-v-dekabre

Here now you've heard of "Sony of Russia"

Lostplanet22 said:
MDMAniac said:

China is PC/MMO market, though Lenovo tries to launch a console there.

Russia must be PC country, too. What I heard about consoles presence there is suprisingly reverse order: 1. Sony 2. Microsoft 3. Nintendo

I think this fact proves anti-human nature of Commies once for all :E

Has to be a joke?

Stealth Trolling? Sony fans = commies?

What can we say?
We love Free Health Care, Education and Online play. 

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Severance said:

What about the Middle East ? everyone is a gamer there.

and a lot of people on this site are from there.

many of my friends own ps3s, all the girls and kids own wiis, and some people, but its rare, own 360s. other then that not a lot of people can afford consoles prices are high here. its true they are all gamers, but people play mostly at internet cafe, its or dota or counter strike.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Both Microsoft and Sony have set up offices in India and India got XBL much before many other countries. But India got PSN only the last month. Microsoft has a huge set up in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi and has one of the largest research centres outside US in India. Console sales are nothing worth writing about to be honest as most gamers here are still playing CS and DoTA in dingy cafes. But over the past two years I've seen a rise in awareness on gaming on consoles in India and seen the sales rise by a good 100% consistently.

Around the Network
gamebashing said:

Both Microsoft and Sony have set up offices in India and India got XBL much before many other countries. But India got PSN only the last month. Microsoft has a huge set up in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi and has one of the largest research centres outside US in India. Console sales are nothing worth writing about to be honest as most gamers here are still playing CS and DoTA in dingy cafes. But over the past two years I've seen a rise in awareness on gaming on consoles in India and seen the sales rise by a good 100% consistently.

what baffles me is how DOTA and CS has been so popular in internet cafes (the chinese brought to latin american countries throuh migration) for so long and worldwide, from middle east to the caribbean!.I know they are low specs games, but why exactly DOTA AND CS.. Even after several of those latin countries long past the economical limitations of the late 90ths and a huge chunk of the population already owns gaming systems, some players go to cafes that HAVE MW2 and SC2 (legally so they can play online) and still rather play CS(not source!) and DOTA!.

Russia's population is only 1/3 of the USA and a much lower GDP per Capita

Its huge but it isn't USA huge like you made it sound in the OP

raptors11 said:

It's closer to 1/2 mind you and good thing you can sell games localized in Russian all over ex-USSR since there're around 300M people who perfectly understand Russian. Average income is considerably lower, so game price of 1000-1200RUR (~33-40$) is premium here.

Sony sold through around 75'000 PS3 by July and hope to sell through 140'000 units this fiscal year. Neither MS nor Nintendo is doing better. India is a high import tax country and 99.9% of the population can't ever afford the prices for the consoles. Sony has about 70% of the console market, mainly due to the PS2.

mai said:
raptors11 said:

It's closer to 1/2 mind you and good thing you can sell games localized in Russian all over ex-USSR since there're around 300M people who perfectly understand Russian. Average income is considerably lower, so game price of 1000-1200RUR (~33-40$) is premium here.

My bad, I thought USA was closer to 350m, its only 307m.