By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Help with PC gaming build

quantity of item 1
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822136534Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options22-136-534|)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info22-136-534.0.120)

• 1 year: $9.99
  • 2 year: $16.99
$69.99
select item 2 quantity of item 2
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard Item #: N82E16813128435Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options13-128-435|)

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info13-128-435.0.120)

• 1 year: $16.99
  • 2 year: $25.99
-$5.00 Instant
$139.99$134.99
select item 3 quantity of item 3
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-2G Item #: N82E16820211409Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
$83.99
select item 4 quantity of item 4
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX Item #: N82E16819103808Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options19-103-808|)

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info19-103-808.0.120)

• 1 year: $16.99
  • 2 year: $25.99
$139.99
select item 5 quantity of item 5
Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE" 120 x 38 mm Case Fan Item #: N82E16835185054Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
-$5.00 Instant
$29.98$19.98($9.99 each)
select item 6 quantity of item 6
ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler Item #: N82E16835118019Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options35-118-019|)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty Plan

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info35-118-019.0.18)

• 1 year: $9.99
  • 2 year: $16.99
$59.

UPDATEEEEE!!!!

Thoughts?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Make sure CPU fan fits..

And where is the case?  And PSU? and GPU?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:

Make sure CPU fan fits..

And where is the case?  And PSU? and GPU?

The Ram is low profile so it should fit with that CPU fan, which is supposed to be univeral, but if not I'll send it back.

The case arrived today, it is probably the largest case ever made(I could not believe how bit it is), that fucker is 4ft tall:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

Best case ever.

Next, the powersupply, if you must know:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139013&Tpk=Corsair TX950

And finally, the GPU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500156&Tpk=ZOTAC ZT-40101-10P GeForce GTX 480

Or some variation.

So, how exactly can I find out if that cooler will interfere with the ram on my MB. That MB has the first 2 DIMM slots right next to the processor...BUT, that is also the best reviewed AM3 Mobo I can find on the internet.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, since that mobo is an AM3, it should be upgradable to a 6 core AMD in the next few years for a quick and easy upgrade since it is a relative new socket.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I see that carbon tax hasn't hit you guys yet...

Around the Network

I meant CPU fitting in the case and not hitting the inside side panel :P

And 4 ft?  Says it is 21.5" in height, that is less than 2 feet :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

That looks excellent.

Tease.

Tanstalas said:

I meant CPU fitting in the case and not hitting the inside side panel :P

And 4 ft?  Says it is 21.5" in height, that is less than 2 feet :P

Fuck, lol, it looks so much bigger than that. :P I'll measure, but damn man, I'm telling you, it's the biggest case I've ever seen.

Update: Yeah, it's 24 inchs tall from the floor to the top of the front thing. It can get taller if you unscrew the legs. I guess it came with them unscrewed a bit, or maybe that 21.5 is a measurement of the inside or the bottom of the case to the top of the lower top section(it has a power button plateau on the front.)

It's bigger than my brothers Antec 1200, especially when looking at it from the outside, and the Antec is a BEAST.

It's taller, if you count the plateau, but it looks much wider and longer, so I'm not sure where they are getting these measurements.

Anyway, yeah, lol, I exaggerated when I said 4 ft, I guess, but anyone would when they see this thing. Because when I hear 2 foot, I think 2 foot, when I see this case, it looks like I could fucking step inside the son of a bitch and relax.

It has 3 fans and they are all the size of dinner plates. Besides the removable sides, there is not really a solid surface. It is all mesh. This case will hold no heat, and the fans are the definition of overkill. It also has great cable management and is gigantic.

It is going to be a dust magnet, but what case isn't. Point is, this is one of the best cases for cooling that they make, and there is absolutely NO regrets.

Just looking at the stats, I see that according to them(which by my measurements are incorrect) it is wider than any other top tier case I can find, including the Maelstrom, coming in at 9 inches. That plus its relatively low profile godfan on the side of the case, means that almost any cooling solution on gods green earth will fit in this thing, and I know as much before I ordered it, because that was my main concern. The reviews said this was the case for worries with fan width, so yeah, it'sa biga. More impressive IRL than any case I've seen as far as size goes. Looks like everything is supersized.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Squilliam said:

That looks excellent.

Should I get this processor instead?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103894&cm_re=phenom_ii_x4-_-19-103-894-_-Product

That way I won't have to overclock and if I do, I'd have higher clock speeds?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Actually, I'm kind of liking the Dark Fleet series cases Antec is advertising right on this page. As someone who swaps a lot of drives, the easy front accessibility and hot swap bays are very convenient.

Anyone have one?

Just having a hard time justifiying ever buying another gaming case since a dedicated workstation case (also with hot swappable bays) would be more appropriate for my own uses.