By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania: LoS is THE best looking multiplat Game

oldschoolfool said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I love static camera, I feel it is "classic" gameplay like turn based games, and I also don't feel that it is necessarily an antiquated form of camera management.

That said, this game does look great, but imo, the difference in most of these great looking games is negligable, might as well be comparing apples and oranges, so you might as well say "LoS is the best looking game this gen" because I can barely tell a difference between it and the supposedly "best" graphics on 360 and PS3 exclusives. Compared to a true generational leap, there is no significant statistical difference in graphical quality.

oh,some people would strongly disagree with differences in these games being negligable. lol

Some people can't see the forest for the trees, and still others are biased, and let their love for some game or console color their opinions even if they don't realize it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

here is my list for best looking multi plats as of now:

1-Castelvania

2-Assasin's creed 2

3-enslaved

4-RDR

5-Resident evil 5

6-FFXIII

7-prince of persia/street fighter

8-MW2

I've played it and think that its definitely the best looking multiplatform game in some areas, but not so much in others. I think the overall the graphics in Assassin's Creed 2 were just as impressive and the game ran a lot better.

Cross-X said:

Am I the only person thinking Red Dead Redemption is beter looking than LOS?

Well of course it's just my opinion on this.

But from what I've seen, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2 and RAGE already look better than LOS and RAGE looks to take Multiplat Graphics King next year.

I agree, RDR is just beautiful!

Ultr said:
disolitude said:

Im so tired of these posts about casltevania being the "best loking game...".

The game has a static camera, and by doing so feels limiting, dated and borderline frustrating due to camera sucking ass in some moments. The cost at making this game good looking was too great and really wasn't worth it... Taking that visual movement freedom away from the gamer in 2010 is criminal and knocks it down visually in my eyes.

Not to mention that gameplay is completely dwarfed and plays second fiddle to its presentation and voice acting. Thats a blasphemy for castlevania games.  I played around 4 hours of it and then returned it to blockbuster for Enslaved with is much better.

Hope it fails badly and that they never try making a serious, story based castlevania with second rate gameplay.

Also, where the F*** are the heavy metal inspired tunes? Nothing I like about castlevania series and 10 games I played fromt hat universe is present here.

Enslaved??? seriously?  I loved the videos, I loved the characters, and I wanted to love the game but its just damn boring!! What is that? can I even call that gameplay? blinking object ? extreme tearing, popup graphics, camera? sheesh... I would change it everytime for castlevania...!

I havent played any of Castlevania yet-not even the demo-but I do have Enslaved and it's visually stunning, offers lots of variety, and aside from some 2D plants I noticed in one level, a technical marvel. Nor one instance of screen tearing in the 7 levels I've played either.  Nor was there a hint of pop-up at any time.  In your attempts to build up Castlevania, let's not exagerrate.  Okay?

Around the Network

It's so subjective. I think that's all there is to say.

geddesmond2 said:
A203D said:
geddesmond2 said:

A lot of the game looks average but theres some parts that look amazing and even more beautiful than GOW3. On chapter 2 theres a cave with blue torches lighting the area. It outdoes GOW3s Helios head and Hades weapon lighting effects. Although its been awhile since I played GOW3 but from what I can remember it does anyway

You know i was a huge GOW fan until GOW3, its a good game, but the level design is dissappointing imo. some of the environments are so, so..... blande. what i mean is that in GOW1 and 2 there were some very beautiful environments, like the Steeds of Time, Isle of Creation, Temple of Pandora. in GOW3 some environments are good, but i mean the centrepeice of the game is this massive cavern with large wooden boxes in it.

i mean i was expecting to be amazed by Olympus, especially as i played Bayonetta about 2 months before, and some the most amazing levels are in heaven - which is in space, and it was absolutlely stunning. so GOW3 really dissappointed me on that front, and the whole, lighting your way through dark passageways was a bit of a waste of time imo.

anyway, rant over.... after playing Castlevania, i can see i will love the art deco.

Well everyone has there own opinions. I for one thought GOW3 was the best in the Trilogy and I'm a hugh fan of the series. I had no problems with the level design at all and the game had some of the most epic boss battles I ever played in a game.

You and me both bro :D

ChrisIsNotSexy said:

Crysis 2 IS the best looking multiplat game

No it's not. Seen it on 360 (on a small screen at Eurogamer Expo) and it looked dissapointing. Bulletstorm and Gears 3 looked much better. Hopefully it looks a lot better on a big screen and the final product is an improvement.

d21lewis said:
Ultr said:
disolitude said:

The game has a static camera, and by doing so feels limiting, dated and borderline frustrating due to camera sucking ass in some moments. The cost at making this game good looking was too great and really wasn't worth it... Taking that visual movement freedom away from the gamer in 2010 is criminal and knocks it down visually in my eyes.

Not to mention that gameplay is completely dwarfed and plays second fiddle to its presentation and voice acting. Thats a blasphemy for castlevania games.  I played around 4 hours of it and then returned it to blockbuster for Enslaved with is much better.

Hope it fails badly and that they never try making a serious, story based castlevania with second rate gameplay.

Also, where the F*** are the heavy metal inspired tunes? Nothing I like about castlevania series and 10 games I played fromt hat universe is present here.

Enslaved??? seriously?  I loved the videos, I loved the characters, and I wanted to love the game but its just damn boring!! What is that? can I even call that gameplay? blinking object ? extreme tearing, popup graphics, camera? sheesh... I would change it everytime for castlevania...!

I havent played any of Castlevania yet-not even the demo-but I do have Enslaved and it's visually stunning, offers lots of variety, and aside from some 2D plants I noticed in one level, a technical marvel. Nor one instance of screen tearing in the 7 levels I've played either.  Nor was there a hint of pop-up at any time.  In your attempts to build up Castlevania, let's not exagerrate.  Okay?

I do NOT own castlevania, I would like to, instead I bought Enslaved collectors cuz I loved Heavenly Sword... Technical marvel? never... even Characters are shaking, everything, I played it... remember, I played it to the end... This is NEVER the best multiplat title, I would like to call it so... but it is not! Also there are audio problems I have encountered.

Ultr said:
d21lewis said:
Ultr said:
disolitude said:

I do NOT own castlevania, I would like to, instead I bought Enslaved collectors cuz I loved Heavenly Sword... Technical marvel? never... even Characters are shaking, everything, I played it... remember, I played it to the end... This is NEVER the best multiplat title, I would like to call it so... but it is not! Also there are audio problems I have encountered.

Characters shaking?  Everything (could you narrow that down a bit?)  Audio problems?  I haven't encountered any of these, ever and I have one level left to go.  I'm not one of those "Frame per second, 720p" guys but I know that the final image/presentation that appears on screen is pretty impressive.  And you called it out on a lack of gameplay.  The Cloud riding segments, the areas with Pigsy, the parts where you have to sneak past robots without setting them off, the cool boss fights, using Trip as a decoy while you avoid enemy fire, finding the right path in the robot factory, the puzzles in Trips village.....C'mon, MAN! 

I never said it was the best mult-plat, either (not seriously, anyway).  I'd give it an 8/10 unless something truly amazing happens in the next chapter.  It's definitely worth my money and it's definitely a beautiful looking game.  One of the best I've ever seen.  I'm downloading Castlevania's demo as we speak.  If it's good, I'll buy it.  I don't have any ties to Enslaved other than the fact that it's a game that I thought was cool and I bought it.  I've done that hundreds and hundreds of times before.  I just think that you may be exaggerating its flaws just a tad.