By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania: LoS is THE best looking multiplat Game

A lot of the game looks average but theres some parts that look amazing and even more beautiful than GOW3. On chapter 2 theres a cave with blue torches lighting the area. It outdoes GOW3s Helios head and Hades weapon lighting effects. Although its been awhile since I played GOW3 but from what I can remember it does anyway

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Totally agree.

Looks almost as good as God of War 3.

Only some character models could be better and a bit more anti-aliasing, the rest is on par.

Castlevania has horrible framerate though. Especially compared to GoW.

KillerMan said:
Barozi said:

Totally agree.

Only some character models could be better and a bit more anti-aliasing, the rest is on par.

This

Aldro said:
KillerMan said:
Barozi said:

Totally agree.

This

Do you have the game?

tuscaniman said:
A203D said:

I actully played the demo, and i have to say i enjoyed the atmosphere and the dark European style of the game, graphics wise i think it looks extremely good. but i think i've reached a point now where i personally cant tell if theres a noticable difference between games, i think say something like this and FF13 looks so good, i cant tell the difference unless i was to look at them side by side.

i'll probabily pick it up in a few weeks, the reviews have been a bit harsh on it though - is the game actully really good or bad, or somewhere in between.

Its really good. The first chapter to 1/2 of second chapter is slow moving but from there the game takes off and becomes an amazing experience. Tons of different beautiful environments, tons of different enemies, puzzles, platforming, some exploring, lots of mini bosses, top notch character design. Its a good game and easily worth the $60.

Oh cool, i will pick it up soon, i think it will be much cheaper in a few weeks because the competition is so fierce and the reviews have been less than sellar, i did really enjoy the demo, its just i've spent so much on games this year, i can wait a few weeks for this and Enslaved!

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Im so tired of these posts about casltevania being the "best loking game...".

The game has a static camera, and by doing so feels limiting, dated and borderline frustrating due to camera sucking ass in some moments. The cost at making this game good looking was too great and really wasn't worth it... Taking that visual movement freedom away from the gamer in 2010 is criminal and knocks it down visually in my eyes.

Not to mention that gameplay is completely dwarfed and plays second fiddle to its presentation and voice acting. Thats a blasphemy for castlevania games.  I played around 4 hours of it and then returned it to blockbuster for Enslaved with is much better.

Hope it fails badly and that they never try making a serious, story based castlevania with second rate gameplay.

Also, where the F*** are the heavy metal inspired tunes? Nothing I like about castlevania series and 10 games I played fromt hat universe is present here.

Enslaved??? seriously?  I loved the videos, I loved the characters, and I wanted to love the game but its just damn boring!! What is that? can I even call that gameplay? blinking object ? extreme tearing, popup graphics, camera? sheesh... I would change it everytime for castlevania...!

geddesmond2 said:

A lot of the game looks average but theres some parts that look amazing and even more beautiful than GOW3. On chapter 2 theres a cave with blue torches lighting the area. It outdoes GOW3s Helios head and Hades weapon lighting effects. Although its been awhile since I played GOW3 but from what I can remember it does anyway

You know i was a huge GOW fan until GOW3, its a good game, but the level design is dissappointing imo. some of the environments are so, so..... blande. what i mean is that in GOW1 and 2 there were some very beautiful environments, like the Steeds of Time, Isle of Creation, Temple of Pandora. in GOW3 some environments are good, but i mean the centrepeice of the game is this massive cavern with large wooden boxes in it.

i mean i was expecting to be amazed by Olympus, especially as i played Bayonetta about 2 months before, and some the most amazing levels are in heaven - which is in space, and it was absolutlely stunning. so GOW3 really dissappointed me on that front, and the whole, lighting your way through dark passageways was a bit of a waste of time imo.

anyway, rant over.... after playing Castlevania, i can see i will love the art deco.

tuscaniman said:
Aldro said:
KillerMan said:
Barozi said:

Totally agree.

This

Do you have the game?

I have played the demo and read DigitalFoundrys analyzation. Average fps fos castlevania is about 25fps and sometimes it dips even under 20. GoW has average framerate little above 40fps.

Ultr said:
disolitude said:

Im so tired of these posts about casltevania being the "best loking game...".

The game has a static camera, and by doing so feels limiting, dated and borderline frustrating due to camera sucking ass in some moments. The cost at making this game good looking was too great and really wasn't worth it... Taking that visual movement freedom away from the gamer in 2010 is criminal and knocks it down visually in my eyes.

Not to mention that gameplay is completely dwarfed and plays second fiddle to its presentation and voice acting. Thats a blasphemy for castlevania games.  I played around 4 hours of it and then returned it to blockbuster for Enslaved with is much better.

Hope it fails badly and that they never try making a serious, story based castlevania with second rate gameplay.

Also, where the F*** are the heavy metal inspired tunes? Nothing I like about castlevania series and 10 games I played fromt hat universe is present here.

Enslaved??? seriously?  I loved the videos, I loved the characters, and I wanted to love the game but its just damn boring!! What is that? can I even call that gameplay? blinking object ? extreme tearing, popup graphics, camera? sheesh... I would change it everytime for castlevania...!

I'll be honest, I didn't get very far in Enslaved yet. I've just crashed with the chick controlling me with her stupud helmet... but I don't see any issues with the game so far. While it may become boring later, it seems entertaining and starts off on a high note, unlike Castlevania which tests your patience from an hour at least.

Visually there is no comparison in my opinion. One lets you control the camera and one doesn't...thats a huge visual plus.

Castlevania may as well use pre-rendered backgrounds ala old Resident Evil games as its completely static and on rails.

To me, the title goes to Red Dead Redemption... absolutely stunning.