By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Battery Life, Suddenly I'm Concerned

DeadEye said:

I just hope battery life ism't at the level of the first PSP model (was that the 1000) which had something like 4-5 hours. I'm preparing for the worst given Iwata's comment though. Personally I consider a battery life of less than DSLite to be worse than unacceptable.

less than 15-19 hours with a fully charged new battery?

get ready to be disappointed, seriously the DSLight has awesome battery life. as long as it's 10 hours I don't really see it being a major problem. Hell 8 hours would be fine IMO. Unacceptable would be psp 4.5-7 hours.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

they said they would target the same batterylife as the DSi.. which is less then the DS.. but still 9-14 hours...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/109/1098500p1.html
7:10: What's the battery life like with the 3D use on 3DS? Battery life is important to us and we want to match the DSi. Please, I want to focus on software, so let's talk about that.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

there will surely be power adapter of various sizes and style that you can buy later if you don't like the docking system.

The same way that you can buy docking system for your current DS's when you don't like the simple plug.

I will just ask:

In the past 21 years, when has the battery life of a Nintendo handheld been an issue that the company did not focus on?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:

I will just ask:

In the past 21 years, when has the battery life of a Nintendo handheld been an issue that the company did not focus on?

We're trying very hard to find excuses to not want the 3DS here. Stop rubbing it in.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

I will just ask:

The DSi comes to mind. More to the point, Nintendo has stated flat out that the battery life won't live up to their standards. They are hoping to get DSi levels of performance out of it which is a really bad sign.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I'm sure it'll be fine. And the redesign will be even finer, eventually.

Really, battery life was one of the main things the original GameBoy was so successful, while more capable competitors were out, but whose batteries drained ever so quickly. Nintendo's always been keen on maximizing battery life, they will not screw up now, all of a sudden. Don't you worry.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

if its like the PSP then i am fine with it, i normally don't really play much when i am outside, infact i don't really play my handhelds when i am outside.

i don't think anyone would ever be outside for 4 hours straight just playing my 3DS/PSP, so why complain?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

This is what Iwata said:

"As for the battery, it is inevitable that Nintendo 3DS will be a device which requires more frequent recharging than Nintendo DS. This is why we are going to include the cradle, which is a dedicated battery charger. Perhaps we may need to dispatch to our consumers a message, something like, 'Please place your Nintendo 3DS on the cradle as soon as you return home with it.'"

The fact that he says "place your Nintendo 3DS on the cradle as soon as you return home" should give you a clue. Considering most people have a 8 hour workday, I think it will be around that number.

dsi is terribly yet has twice the psp battery and somehow the psp sold very well anyway. So yeah.excuses.Im more than fine with 7 hours without plugging my ds.