By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect sold out at Gamestop and Newegg

palancas7 said:

How much did they make available to retailers? On Amazon it sould out... without reaching top 10... WTF?

Why do people feel the need to post lies ?? It was at the top-10 for at least 2 weeks, reaching n.5 (behind only fable 3 and COD games) before it was sold out.

Around the Network

pre-ordered my copy.

everywhere is sold out around here but wal-mart is doing a midnight release.

pachoo5 said:

Target is now sold out as well. So, stores that are sold out:

Amazon (both US and UK)

Best Buys

Target

Newegg

Game

Gamestop

Now that the Kinect sensors are gone, I expect the Kinect bundled 360s to sell out next. The Kinect 360s have jumped on the top 100 chart since the Kinect sensors have sold out

And this is all 9 days before it comes out. I doubt any preorders are left when it launches.

Interesting, with the relatively big expectations MS had, I don't think they'd shipped a small number but it still appears as they didn't ship enough units to satisfy demand. This hurt the 360 greatly at launch. 

Crazy! it's true.

Amazon has kinect sensor for $275.  haha

I think the bundles are still available.

Lostplanet22 said:

Well we don't know how many were avaialable....20k...100K....300k;...150 million?

probably 150 million

Around the Network
pachoo5 said:
NeoRatt said:

I was talking with the manager at my local EB Games.  We got talking about Kinect vs. Move pre-orders.  He said that he has more Kinect pre-orders then he has sold Moves to date.

Not suprising. When people say Move is sold out they are just talking about the individual controllers which only sell to people who already own the Move starter bundle (as their second and third controllers). Sony obviously undershipped the individual controllers (maybe on purpose to force people to buy extra bundles??).

The actual Move bundles themselves are sitting on shelves everywhere. They have never been in danger of selling out at any point in time at any store. Sales of Moves have to be pretty lackluster given how the Bundles aren't selling out anywhere and given how low the software sales of Move titles are.

Don't say not sold out = bad sales!

Look at Halo Reach sales. They are awesome and the game is not sold out anywhere either.

The PS Move sales are probably decent, not huge and not a flop.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Wal-Mart and Toys R Us are also out of Kinect stock now. Pretty much everyplace will be out of stock within days.

Shouldnt a Kinect pre-order goes toward a Kinect Adventures pre-order also? Why would someone actually purchase Kinect Adventures by itself since its included in all type of Kinect purchase? I dont get why theres low pre-order for Kinect Adventures. It shoud be none or high enough to reflect Kinect sales. Those people pre-ordering Kinect adventures will have 2 copies, I dont get it.

It's sold out at Costco too!  

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11104670&search=kinect&Mo=9&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=kinect&Ntt=kinect&No=7&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

I wonder if there was a hold up with the manufacturing? The pre-order numbers It must not be as easy to ramp up production on a new piece of hardware, unlike burning extra DVD's (like Halo:Reach) to sell.  And they don't want another hardware fail blunder.

If it has anything like the legs of Wii Fit, then it should to very well over the long run.  It just depends on how well it works, and how much fun it is.

I would like to be able to say, "Xbox Pause" when playing Netflix.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Didn't expect Kinect to be sold out everywhere...still 150 beans is a lot of money, and I don't think it will sell like the Wii at that price. At $99, it will sell like hotcakes.

Human contact, the final frontier.