By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect sold out at Gamestop and Newegg

Amazon will have kinect in stock on Nov. 12.

Around the Network

If Rockband can sell at $150-200 and Wii Fit can sell at $100 for just 1 game, why couldn't the Kinect sell for $150?

Anyone care to put in a guess for first day sales.  I'm leaning towards 800K to 1 million judging by the sell outs in US and UK.  But in the analyst debate IOI seemed to think only 250K.

scat398 said:

Anyone care to put in a guess for first day sales.  I'm leaning towards 800K to 1 million judging by the sell outs in US and UK.  But in the analyst debate IOI seemed to think only 250K.

Many store add it sold out at 250K pre-orders. Small shipment.

Icyedge said:
scat398 said:

Pre-orders are the corest of the core.  Most general consumers never pre-order games or devices.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
Icyedge said:
scat398 said:

Pre-orders are the corest of the core.  Most general consumers never pre-order games or devices.

Yes, pre-orders are the core, this isnt the point. Scat398 was expecting 800K to 1 million because of sell outs. Some store were already sold outs at 250K pre-orders, hope you understand my point now.

scat398 said:

Anyone care to put in a guess for first day sales.  I'm leaning towards 800K to 1 million judging by the sell outs in US and UK.

It's not even released in UK. It will release on wednesday the 10th here in europe.

Can't wait to get my 360 kinect bundle. Hope it works here as my room is not that big.

Video: Samsung 37" LCD, Topfield 7700HSCI (HD-Sat), Denon DVD-2500BT (BluRay), Denon DVD-1940 (DVD)
Audio: Teufel System 5 THX @ Denon AVR 1910
Consoles: Homebrew Xbox 360 (500GB), Xbox 360 Slim (4GB) + Kinect, Homebrew Nintendo Wii, Homebrew Playstation 3 Slim (250GB)

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him - BELIEVE

superryo said:

If Rockband can sell at $150-200 and Wii Fit can sell at $100 for just 1 game, why couldn't the Kinect sell for $150?

Rockband isn't selling anymore...Wii Fit...you have a point

Human contact, the final frontier.

Well Kinect sales have actually increased at Amazon after the first day which kind of supports my belief that word of mouth is going to make Kinect sales just explode this fall.

There are three Kinect games in Amazon's top 13 currently: 5. Kinect Sports, 6. Dance Central, 13. Your Shape Fitness Evolved.

The Kinect stand alone bundle is 2nd, only behind Call of Duty, and the stand alone sells out about every 4 hours until new units show up.

The 250 gig 360 with Kinect is 8th and the 4 gig 360 with Kinect is 26th.

These are all increases since the first day. I think Kinect is going to have very good legs and sell the 5 million units that MS is forecasting for it this fall. Those would be the best sell through numbers any console or add on has ever had it's first 2 months out in the history of video games.

Icyedge said:
scat398 said:

Thanks Icyedge.  I was in Best buy the other day picking up a new phone and got a chance to mess around with it, (the raft game). This best buy had plenty of the standalones in stock and of course the bundles.  If the shipments were small then 250K does make more sense then 800K to 1 mil.  Maybe will get some numbers from MS or one of the retailers about shipment numbers next week.