By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect sold out at Gamestop and Newegg

or or or or Kinect's just might be a huge success.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Around the Network

Kinect will do well initially. We will obviosuly have to wait and see how well it does over the long term. I don't get why they are making racing games for it though. Racing by holidng an imaginery steering wheel? Hmmm...

So Kinect outsold Move confirmed?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

So Kinect outsold Move confirmed?

Nope, undershipped confirmed!

But only in the US, UK and maybe AUS.

The rest of the world isn't hyped, the biggest gaming websites in France, Germany, Russia, Spain etc. etc. burn it to the ground. Move is getting more and more populair in Europe.

Kinect will dominate in US, UK and AUS if it doesn't get burned there as well.

Move will at least dominate Europe, Africa and Asia.

It's being sold separately at GameStop again, but I feel that Kinect is selling like crazy - Microsoft cannot just push the buttons of multiple retailers and fake that Kinect is doing well.

Pieces of evidence besides the above:

- A user at CVG.co.uk claimed that the game shop he worked for (in the UK) was taking 30-40 pre-orders A DAY! That is just crazy.

- You see it at twitter too, more and more people claiming they pre ordered Kinect (compared to a couple of weeks / months ago). 

Here's my five reasons why I believe Kinect will 'win' this Christmas:

http://123kinect.com/top-5-reaons-kinect-christmas/

Everything you ever wanted to know about Kinect is right HERE
Around the Network

maxer said:

1- It's being sold separately at GameStop again, but I feel that Kinect is selling like crazy - Microsoft cannot just push the buttons of multiple retailers and fake that Kinect is doing well.

2- A user at CVG.co.uk claimed that the game shop he worked for (in the UK) was taking 30-40 pre-orders A DAY! That is just crazy.

3 - You see it at twitter too, more and more people claiming they pre ordered Kinect (compared to a couple of weeks / months ago). 

1-Oh yes they can!

2- So one user claims 30-40 pre-orders a day? I've heard more people claiming they've hacked the PS3.
3- It would be a total fail if it wouldn't get more attention by now.

Kinect will kick Move's ass in sales, it's for sure, and I'll add that it'll sell 360s a lot.

In terms of gameplay, or bringing interesting new things to gaming, not sure, too gimmicky in my opinion (see the comment about the steering wheel above).

In terms of fun (and that's what matters in the end), it AGAIN AND AS USUAL depends on games and tastes.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

TheFlyingDutchman said:

maxer said:

1- It's being sold separately at GameStop again, but I feel that Kinect is selling like crazy - Microsoft cannot just push the buttons of multiple retailers and fake that Kinect is doing well.

2- A user at CVG.co.uk claimed that the game shop he worked for (in the UK) was taking 30-40 pre-orders A DAY! That is just crazy.

3 - You see it at twitter too, more and more people claiming they pre ordered Kinect (compared to a couple of weeks / months ago). 

1-Oh yes they can!

2- So one user claims 30-40 pre-orders a day? I've heard more people claiming they've hacked the PS3.
3- It would be a total fail if it wouldn't get more attention by now.

1) They may influence them, but they cannot force them to sell Kinects. These retailers have shareholders too, and they have customers: if a story like this would come out (and it will if it is true), then these retailers can pack their bags and Microsoft as well. Microsoft is not that stupid. Influencing: "please advice Kinect if people ask for motion control - there is a nice bonus" - yes, maybe, but:

1.1) customers still have to make up their own minds

1.2) Kinect was sold out at the website, so most of these customers did not get the advice from a retailer

1.3) Yes, they could also fake selling out, but this may actually cost them money, Microsoft may compensate them for those losses, yes possible: but highly unlikely. And if not, why isn't Sony doing the same then?!

1.4) as seen on the pre order charts at VGChartz, Kinect is steadily moving towards top 10 and still selling 10k pre orders a week (US alone)

2) Yes, 30-40 pre orders a day.

3) The attention has been there all the time, but now people are claiming to actually BUY the thing: that's different and you know it. These are not twitter accounts from none-existing robots, but just people.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Kinect is right HERE

I thought the whole idea of preordering was to know how many to ship to stores for week 1 launch. Sound like its just a scam to try and sell more consols. Stopped taking pre orders, I hope this backfires on MS and looses them sales instead of gaining them consol sales and it would serve thenm right

I don't think Microsoft actually began manufacturing the thing till about now if they have started yet. There were way to many bugs and things they said they had to fix like the sitting down part which apparently has been fixed. I think they spent every moment they could upgrading and debugging Kinect to make sure it performs well.

So I doubt they would have started manufacturing till right about now if not in a week. They have probubly promised a certain amount of units to retailers and are rushing to meet demand. Also I do think Kinect is very popular as well meaning their is going to be way more demand then units.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer