By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No, no, no, no, no, no, no! STOP IT SEGA! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! Sonic RPG...

BenKenobi88 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Okay, so you think that BioWare will save Sonic? Well, maybe... Maybe... Most of their games have recived very good reviews. Baldur's Gate, MDK2, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect, all got very good reviews. BioWare "could" make a good Sonic game, but don't give your hopes up just yet... They did manage to make a good Star Wars game, so you never know...

Oh yeah...you're the guy who thinks all Star Wars games suck, and apparently have never played TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, Jedi Knight, etc....these are great games with or without the Star Wars license.

Well, far more Star Wars games suck, than are actually good. I didn't say that BioWare made the only "good" Star Wars game, but that they made "a" "good" Star Wars game. And if there is "a" guy out there who hates Star Wars games, it's not me. I like all of the Star Wars movies, but not the games, although there are a few "good" Star Wars games, lost in the pile Star War garbage. You do nothing but argue.

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:
Knux is easily more popular than Tails, but this topic has reminded me that, in general, it seems to me that you have no taste. But that's the beauty of the world, I guess.

No he is not. Tails is the most popular Sonic character, besides Sonic, and that's a fact!

Rath said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
outlawauron said:
It's being made by freaking BioWare! Shut up and be happy that they are taking the helm!

Ooooh... BioWare... Ooooh... Sorry, but Sonic is too far gone to be revived. You shut up, and don't be happy that they are taking the helm. Just watch, it's going to get bad reviews. Wait and see... 64.56%... Remeber Mario & Sonic? Look how that turned out to be. Not very good, according to Game Rankings, and Metacritic.

My god your negative. Have Bioware ever actually made a game that ranks below 80?

Because it's Sonic.

Crash was passed around like a hot potatoe. Look what happend to him? Now he's some morphed up, thing, with tattoos on his arms. True, a new developer should give a franchise a fresh start, but I don't think that a Sonic RPG would work. Come on... Sonic RPG? No... Besides, Sega made Sonic famous, Sega made Sonic infamous, so the only Sega can make Sonic good again, which will never happen. Sure, BioWare is good, but Sonic will translate worse into an RPG game, than into a 3D platformer.

He got passed around second rate developers, if a decent developer got him they would have made a decent game.

Yes they have:

And that is not the only one too. Ports of their "better" games have been lower than 80%, I believe...

Just wait and see. Sonic RPG is not going to be good. Why? Because Sonic and RPG just wont work. Sega added all of those horrible characters to the franchise, and BioWare is probably going to use them in the game, and people are not going to want to play as Rouge, or Cream. They just wont.

Kasz216 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Edouble24 said:
Sonic and Tails are the only characters people like? You do know that Shadow and Knuckles are both more popular than Tails right? That makes a party of 4, who cares about anyone else.

No way. There is no way that more people like Shadow, and Knuckles, more than Tails. No way. Nope. Definitely not! Sorry.

When you think of Sonic, you also, immediately, think of Tails. Tails was with Sonic near the very beginning. I guarantee you that almost everyone likes Sonic, and Tails, more than the rest, combined! Ugh! I hate them. Rouge, Cream, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy... Get rid of them! Get rid of all of them!

I like Knuckles way more then tails.  Probably because tails was REALLY annoying in both oldschool sonic cartoons.

Not as annoying as his voice in video games, especially in the newer 3D platformers. He should have stayed mute. Sounds like a girl. Worst than Slippy in Star Fox 64.

BenKenobi88 said:
This whole thread is full of your strange opinions, and frankly, it's annoying that you assume everyone thinks the same way you do.

What is strange, and what is annoying? You really think it's going to be good? You're probably not even going to play as Sonic 80% of the time.

Around the Network

So? I don't have to play as Sonic to make it a good game.

And I still don't know what you mean about far more Star Wars games suck than are good. I'd argue the opposite, as LucasArts pushed existing videogame technology for all its new games, which were pretty much always Star Wars games.  And newer technology combined with classic Star Wars story typically made great games.

They're using the Euphoria and DMM engines for Star Wars: Force Unleashed, which will really make games more realistic...it and GTA4 will be the first games to use Euphoria.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This is the best idea Sega has had in a very long time. It will probably end up being the best Sonic game since Sonic 2.

Shovelware? No, it's Bioware, one of the best RPG developers period. Need I remind you that the Mario RPG games are considered some of the best Nintendo games?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

a.l.e.x59 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
This whole thread is full of your strange opinions, and frankly, it's annoying that you assume everyone thinks the same way you do.

What is strange, and what is annoying? You really think it's going to be good? You're probably not even going to play as Sonic 80% of the time.

Just out of curiosity, devil's advocate here, these statements youare making could totally be applied to Mario franchises in general - would you say Mario RPG was a bad idea, for the SNES?  These seem like opinions and assumptions more than anything else.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

BenKenobi88 said:
So? I don't have to play as Sonic to make it a good game.

And I still don't know what you mean about far more Star Wars games suck than are good. I'd argue the opposite, as LucasArts pushed existing videogame technology for all its new games, which were pretty much always Star Wars games.  And newer technology combined with classic Star Wars story typically made great games.

They're using the Euphoria and DMM engines for Star Wars: Force Unleashed, which will really make games more realistic...it and GTA4 will be the first games to use Euphoria.

That's fine, but what does Star Wars have to do with any of this?

By the way...

28 Star Wars games recieved scores over 80%. 67 Star Wars games recieved scores less than 80%. Let me rephrase my previous statement: "More Star Wars games are of less quality, than higher quality." Not far more are of lesser quality, for 28 Star Wars games, over 80%, is actually pretty good.

I don't care if BioWare is making the game. I just think that's not going to be very good.

By the way, you're rude sometimes.

ckmlb said:
This is the best idea Sega has had in a very long time. It will probably end up being the best Sonic game since Sonic 2.

Shovelware? No, it's Bioware, one of the best RPG developers period. Need I remind you that the Mario RPG games are considered some of the best Nintendo games?

Wow, wow, wow... Don't go that far... Not since Sonic 2. Maybe, since Sonic Adventure 2, but definitely not since Sonic 2. Sonic became a star as a platformer, made by Sega. A third party developer cannot make a better game as an RPG. It will not happen.