By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No, no, no, no, no, no, no! STOP IT SEGA! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! Sonic RPG...

Around the Network

LOL yes Sonic has sucked for a while.. but with BioWare helping, I think Sonic RPG might actually have potential. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. Although, apparently Nintendo helping didn't make Mario & Sonic at the olympics a better game (I've not played it but i've heard... bad things.

Hahhaa at Ari_Gold's post!!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Sonic could easily carry his own RPG: as long as the storyline doesn't take itself to seriously (I'm looking at you, Shadow and Sonic 06). Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Blaze are all well liked among the fanbase at the moment, and Shadow and Rouge where pretty popular before Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog pooped all over them. Heck, Shadow still somehow maintained his popularity with the younger members of the fanbase afterwards. And many of the other characters, especially the Chaotix, have potential.

With a good writer and good development, the sky is the limit for the Sonic RPG. And BioWare well...they are the best of the best. Can't get much better then that. I just hope they can inject the kind of humor the storyline will need. Sonic shouldn't be in uber serious, Mass Effect-esque storylines. It needs to have a substantial amount of humor and ridiculousness, like Mario's RPG escapades.

Normally, I'd have my fingers crossed. But this is BioWare. We'll know they'll do us good. Edit: Mario And Sonic is fun for what it was: a sequel to Wii Sports. The game wasn't quite as accessible, but once you get it, it's hours of fun.

I'd also like to add that M&S is a very fun game...for being a Wii Sports sequel. People who didnt like WS wouldn't like it, but the people who did will.

solracbrit said:
But sonic has never had mario's lucky...

it's worse than a britney comeback attempt

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
This topic is ridiculous.

Alex calls a Sonic RPG, made by Bioware, the best RPG makers, shovelware?

The constant "Sonic Racer"-type games are the shovelware...this is the chance for Sonic to regain his name. Get it straight.

Bioware making a good Sonic game is like Leonard Da Vinci making good art with cow crap. Knowing the Sonic games, they are going to make you play through all of the stupid characters you don't want to play, and there's going to be some bullshit story line... And it's going to be even more complicated, and stupid, and make no sense, since the story line is more important in an RPG game, and it's just going to be horrible. Sonic will never get his name back. Not until Sega makes a new console, which will never happen! The only, other chance, is if Miyamoto starts making them, but that wont happen either.

It's being made by freaking BioWare! Shut up and be happy that they are taking the helm!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Edouble24 said:
Sonic and Tails are the only characters people like? You do know that Shadow and Knuckles are both more popular than Tails right? That makes a party of 4, who cares about anyone else.

No way. There is no way that more people like Shadow, and Knuckles, more than Tails. No way. Nope. Definitely not! Sorry.

When you think of Sonic, you also, immediately, think of Tails. Tails was with Sonic near the very beginning. I guarantee you that almost everyone likes Sonic, and Tails, more than the rest, combined! Ugh! I hate them. Rouge, Cream, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy... Get rid of them! Get rid of all of them!

Nairu said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Lanceuppercut said:
Sonic on the DS=instant win. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure are awesome.

Also, Secret Rings was pretty good too. The Rivals games were decent, and Mario and Sonic is fun.

Sonic games haven't been all that bad lately. Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow the Hedgehog sucked monkey ass, but that's no reason to punish the other games in the series.

Maybe in your opinion, but the Universal opinion is different. According to Game Rankings, Secret Rings, and Mario & Sonic, both suck, for they both got less than 70%. Blinx the Timesweeper on the Xbox did better than those two games. They have "all" been bad. All! Except for Sonic Rush on the DS. It was pretty good. I don't know about Sonic Rush Adventure, though... But none of them can match the Sonic games on the Sega systems, especially the Genesis, Sega CD, and Dreamcast. Even Bioware can't make Sonic good. Sonic died a long time ago.

Hrm, correct me if im wrong but doesnt M&S:Olympics score similar to WiiSports? I love M&S, have so much fun with the mates with it, like we do with Sports. Oh and Shadow is an awful, awful character, Never should have been created.

No it did not. It got around 69%, which is sad. Wii Sports got around 77%, which is also sad, but then again, Wii Sports is more like a demo.

BenKenobi88 said:

@alex:
Actually, Bioware could make Sonic good, if they did it right. Quit trolling, you're too much a negative person. Every thread you make tends to be about Crash dying or Sonic dying or Spyro or whatever.

Also, who voted Shadow as a popular character?  I've never liked him.  I would like a Sonic game with just Sonic and Tails and perhaps Knuckles as main characters.

That's all the 'tude I can handle.

First, don't give your hopes up on Bioware making a good Sonic game. Maybe they could, but I really, really doubt it. Second, I am not trolling, and I am only negative sometimes, because many things are negative. Also, not all my threads are about failing franchises. Not even most. Not even many.