By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS being supported for the specs is a bad reason.

It just shows that developers haven't learned from all the money lost this generation, and still think throwing money at the graphics is the chief way to make a good game. Even already good games had their budgets inflated because the developers thought the graphics were what made the games good, not their own talents.

Thus the same will be for the 3DS. Games will likely be more flashy than fun, just the games won't cost quite as much. Only the truly good games will have legs, and that won't be because of graphics (not that some won't have them, just the graphics will be incidental).

Note I wrote "developers" with no qualifier, since I also mean Nintendo even falls for that once in a while (Other M).

Also note I'm not saying the 3DS is bad, or that the games look bad. I'm just calling on using specs as a reason to support the system, when doing it because they could make good games instead of flashy games should be the reason.

PLUS it also has to do with developers trying to support the Move and Kinect, as just with the 3DS, they are supported because developers think that just throwing money at the graphics will somehow make their motion control games great, and that they refuse to accept their mediocre games on the Wii were just their own faults for making weak games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

"Good" HD games are not good because of their graphics,how is a "Good" game developer lack talent if they make "Good" games? ,   Epic games are just making excuses like usual, they don't admit that their engine is outdated and looks like crap (most of the times), the move is not the same as Wiimote, Other M is a great game.

looks like i disagree with everything you said here.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

"Good" HD games are not good because of their graphics,how is a "Good" game developer lack talent if they make "Good" games? ,   Epic games are just making excuses like usual, they don't admit that their engine is outdated and looks like crap (most of the times), the move is not the same as Wiimote, Other M is a great game.

You poorly phrased almost everything, so I could barely tell what you agreed or disagreed with.

And you really think just declaring you disagree somehow defeats my points? Are you new to the internet?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I don't see why graphics being good is a negative. I mean, yes if developers are lazy and make bad gameplay. That should be a negative. If developers are lazy and make good gameplay and bad graphics that should also be a negative.

if nintendo's games looked better, they'd be better. As they are, they're still good games that would be improved with better graphics. While gameplay is more important than graphics. The graphics if used correctly can greatly enhance the atmosphere of the game.

If you think graphics are completely  useless. Why don't you try to convince developers that games should be displayed in binary?

My favorite Games for this generation. are TWEWY and that has nice art but not a polygon pushing game. And Mass Effect 2, not the best looking HD game, but better looking than anything on a nintendo console with fantastic gameplay.

Good Graphics =/= Bad Gameplay, Good Graphics =/= Good Game.

LOL! The 3DS will still be the weakest platform in it's generation. Ain't no one gonna choose it for its specs.

You're right about those stupid devs though. How dare they want more freedom! How dare they not want to have to deal with hardware limitations! *rollseyes*

Around the Network

Whether they're doing it for the right or wrong reasons, they're doing it. Whether Nintendo's tricking the stupid or convincing the smart, doesn't matter.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Severance said:

You poorly phrased almost everything, so I could barely tell what you agreed or disagreed with.

And you really think just declaring you disagree somehow defeats my points? Are you new to the internet?

lol new to the internet? did you learn that from 4chan?

@bolded no i didn't, the only thing i seem to rephrase is that Epic games is making excuses.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Severance said:

lol new to the internet? did you learn that from 4chan?

@bolded no i didn't, the only thing i seem to rephrase is that Epic games is making excuses.

I'm calling on the grammar of the paragraph, which makes it hard to make out.

And if you really think just declaring you disagree is some kind of profound response, that does make it look like you are new to the internet, as someone experienced should know that kind of response is worthless in a discussion (just not as bad as flaming someone).

--OkeyDokey-- said:

LOL! The 3DS will still be the weakest platform in it's generation. Ain't no one gonna choose it for its specs.

You're right about those stupid devs though. How dare they want more freedom!(1) How dare they not want to have to deal with hardware limitations!(2) *rollseyes*

1. Calling the specs freedom? You think specs are the only thing limiting a game? Are you seriously thinking that budget doesn't also constrain development?

Or that just shows you also think throwing money at a game is just a trivial matter, which is also what my points include.

2. Do you even realize that means every system in existence will have limitations? Only a system with infinite specs cannot have limitations.

Plus you're falling for the fallacy of limitations being the same thing as stifling creativity. You obviously never heard of all the great artists who say constrants actually equal better quality, as it gives them quidelines to work, and allows them to be more creative by seeing how well they can work within those boundries.

LordTheNightKnight said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

You're right about those stupid devs though. How dare they want more freedom!(1) How dare they not want to have to deal with hardware limitations!(2) *rollseyes*

1. Calling the specs freedom? You think specs are the only thing limiting a game? Are you seriously thinking that budget doesn't also constrain development?

Or that just shows you also think throwing money at a game is just a trivial matter, which is also what my points include.

2. Do you even realize that means every system in existence will have limitations? Only a system with infinite specs cannot have limitations.

Plus you're falling for the fallacy of limitations being the same thing as stifling creativity. You obviously never heard of all the great artists who say constrants actually equal better quality, as it gives them quidelines to work, and allows them to be more creative by seeing how well they can work within those boundries.

wat