By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS being supported for the specs is a bad reason.

@OP:

Well, unless they are excessively poor, I agree that specs are not essential. So are you saying that good or excellent games can be made on any architecture, brand and model don't count? I agree about this too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

@OP:

Well, unless they are excessively poor, I agree that specs are not essential. So are you saying that good or excellent games can be made on any architecture, brand and model don't count? I agree about this too.

Yeah, those are part of my points.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

@OP:

Yeah, those are part of my points.

Nice. I'm persuaded that 3DS will be next gen portable leader, but also that it will boost competition and benefit all the video games market. Let's just consider that at the end of next year home console market will already be bigger than last gen, that at the end of this year portable market will already exceed 200M, adding 3DS sales and PC market that not only, as usual, gets bigger amongst hardcores when consoles get old and successive gen hasn't started yet, but it's also enjoying a big casual boost, and we see that at the end of 2011 overall gaming market (considering the estimate of 10% PC users regular gamers plus another 20% casuals) will be around 800M users or more. Obviously this will bring tons of shovelware, but, statistically, also good games should increase. The only problem will be recognizing the good ones to avoid buying crap. Same old problem, just on an ever growing scale.    And in ten years, when the crapware will be forgotten, and only the classics remembered, we'll fondly remember the first millennium's decennium as the end of a golden age and bitterly complain about the sloppy current times, like pensioners sitting on a park bench.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!