By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which console has the best 2011 game lineup (will be updated weekly)

which console has the best 2011 game lineup (will be updated weekly)

Nintendo Wii 57 14.00%

Microsoft 48 11.79%

Sony 249 61.18%

Nintendo DS 10 2.46%

3DS 43 10.57%

Total:407
Boutros said:

How are The Grinder, The Last Story and Xenoblade system sellers but not inFamous 2?

TLS will sell because it's by Sakaguchi, just like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and the FF series

Xenoblade will sell for a similar reason- large game from a niche series which will shift consoles

The Grinder/Conduit 2 combo will show people the Wii can do "mature" games, which wil likely bring back some of the fanbase.

Finally, inFamous 2 won't sell as many systems, because people who got the original will get the new one. It's the same sorta thing which happened with Galaxy 2 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
4k1x3r said:

The links with release dates sucks, it's not even updated...

Obvious choice: PS3, because :

-Killzone 3 (confirmed)

-Uncharted 3 (1 game / 2 years, uc1 2007, uc2 2009 so uc3 2011)

-Motorstorm 3 (confirmed)

-LittleBigPlanet 2 (confirmed)

-inFamous 2 (confirmed)

-The Last Guardian (confirmed)

-Twisted Metal (confirmed)

-Resistance 3 (kind of confirmed)

-Ratchet All4One (confirmed)

-Socom 4 (confirmed)

-Yakuza 4 (confirmed)

-Virtua Tennis 4 (confirmed)

-Ico&SotC Collection (confirmed)

most likely:

-Starhawk (i think it's time to release the game...)

-The Agent

-Final Fantasy vs XIII (at least in Japan in 2011) and some more.

"That's all" for 2011... fuck this, I won't have enough money, but... I want them all.

When I think about all the multiplat that I want too it gives me a headache. And what rocks about PS3 line up is again and again the same thing: Variety.

ps. Don't forget the Move games. (i'm not interested in them so I didn't list them)

i'll second that

I wouldn't say those games were necessary "system sellers" as it were. I'm only adding games that may sell systems, though I will add The Last Guardian. That'll sell a few ;)

agreed

I suppose we'll have to see in the end, but it does seem like PS3/3DS in 1st, then Wii in a close 2nd. 360/DS/PSP have very little going for them next year as of yet...

i think ur spot on

I'm glad that people agree- sometimes standing back and looking at the entire picture is better than taking the fanboy view. I don't even have a PS3 and I know it's got the best lineup...

yea. i don't own a 360 but i know one of if not the biggest shooter coming out next yr is GEARS 3 and it could be the biggest selling game next yr?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
4k1x3r said:

-Killzone 3 (confirmed)

-inFamous 2 (confirmed)

-Socom 4 (confirmed)

-Yakuza 4 (confirmed)

most likely:

-The Agent

"That's all" for 2011... fuck this, I won't have enough money, but... I want them all.

When I think about all the multiplat that I want too it gives me a headache. And what rocks about PS3 line up is again and again the same thing: Variety.

ps. Don't forget the Move games. (i'm not interested in them so I didn't list them)

i'll second that

I wouldn't say those games were necessary "system sellers" as it were. I'm only adding games that may sell systems, though I will add The Last Guardian. That'll sell a few ;)

agreed

I suppose we'll have to see in the end, but it does seem like PS3/3DS in 1st, then Wii in a close 2nd. 360/DS/PSP have very little going for them next year as of yet...

i think ur spot on

I'm glad that people agree- sometimes standing back and looking at the entire picture is better than taking the fanboy view. I don't even have a PS3 and I know it's got the best lineup...

yea. i don't own a 360 but i know one of if not the biggest shooter coming out next yr is GEARS 3 and it could be the biggest selling game next yr?

not the obligatory COD then?

Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
4k1x3r said:

-Killzone 3 (confirmed)

-inFamous 2 (confirmed)

-Socom 4 (confirmed)

-Yakuza 4 (confirmed)

most likely:

-The Agent

i'll second that

agreed

i think ur spot on

i think i'll leave that one alone? besides after Socom and Ghost Recon future soldier i'm done with modern day shooters! to bland?

Conegamer said:
Boutros said:

How are The Grinder, The Last Story and Xenoblade system sellers but not inFamous 2?

TLS will sell because it's by Sakaguchi, just like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and the FF series

Xenoblade will sell for a similar reason- large game from a niche series which will shift consoles

The Grinder/Conduit 2 combo will show people the Wii can do "mature" games, which wil likely bring back some of the fanbase.

Finally, inFamous 2 won't sell as many systems, because people who got the original will get the new one. It's the same sorta thing which happened with Galaxy 2 

No I think you're wrong.

If Xenoblade didn't move a lot of hardware in Japan, there's no way it will have an effect in NA or Europe.

The Grinder and Conduit 2 won't sell well. Just like Madworld and Conduit didn't sell well.

TLS might move some console but mostly in Japan. And that is if the game is good.

inFamous 2 will sell some hardware that I'm sure of. Just like Uncharted 2 sold some hardware.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:

No I think you're wrong.

If Xenoblade didn't move a lot of hardware in Japan, there's no way it will have an effect in NA or Europe.

The Grinder and Conduit 2 won't sell well. Just like Madworld and Conduit didn't sell well.

TLS might move some console but mostly in Japan. And that is if the game is good.

inFamous 2 will sell some hardware that I'm sure of. Just like Uncharted 2 sold some hardware.

its the sequals curse? Infamous will move consoles based purely on Sonys advertisement! it will sell more world wide then those other games i know mothing about?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
4k1x3r said:

-Killzone 3 (confirmed)

-inFamous 2 (confirmed)

-Socom 4 (confirmed)

-Yakuza 4 (confirmed)

most likely:

-The Agent

i'll second that

agreed

i think ur spot on

i think i'll leave that one alone? besides after Socom and Ghost Recon future soldier i'm done with modern day shooters! to bland?

DNF man! That'll blow all good games out of the water-didn't you listen to Yahtzee? 

Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:

No I think you're wrong.

None of them are gonna be MASSIVE, but I think the Wii ones will be better than inFamous 2

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:

No I think you're wrong.

its the sequals curse? Infamous will move consoles based purely on Sonys advertisement! it will sell more world wide then those other games i know mothing about?

The thing is, inFamous 2 is looking amazing. It won't be just a sequel. It will be similar to what happenend with Uncharted. It surely won't be as good as Uncharted 2 but the improvement will be massive.

Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Conegamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
4k1x3r said:

-Killzone 3 (confirmed)

-inFamous 2 (confirmed)

-Socom 4 (confirmed)

-Yakuza 4 (confirmed)

most likely:

-The Agent

i'll second that

agreed

i think ur spot on

DNF man! That'll blow all good games out of the water-didn't you listen to Yahtzee? 

srry i missed it