By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pics of my gaming setup(s) - post yours! (56K warning)

Disolitude where do you live in the city?  I will come to your house right NOW!  Well not now I have to go to work.  How about soon?  And I'll bring Perpride with me.

Around the Network
ithis said:
disolitude said:
zarx said:

You always have to rub it in don't you. 

my setup isn't even worth posting next to that monster setup, hell it's not worth posting at the best of times.

lol...Im sorry man, I didn't post to rub it in.

I spent lots of time building the racing cockpit and was just gonna post that as I figured it would be cool to see what one can make with some spare time and internet guides...but then I was like...screw it, ill take pics of everything and post it.

Well do post the specs of that chair then. Let the other young engineer wannabes try it out. The chair looks great, and I imagine it is fairly light given all those pipes are plastic. 

Awesome setup of course.

I used a lot of PVC pipes, some plywood and a shitload of trial and error.The guide I followed had instructions for something that looks slightly different and I had to make last minute changes, to avert disaster :)

Once the frame was built, getting the car seat and setting it up was easy...in theory. The seat I got didn't have brackets...only rails. So bolting it to the plywood was really ticky. Took me 2 days to find a tool small enough that can go under there. But hey, it was worth it...it slides back and forward like a real car seat!

But yeah, if you want to build your own google PVC pipe cockpit, youll find many guides to setups like this.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=764559

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/iwsti-forza-motorsport-2-car-club/86803-how-custom-racing-c0ckpit.html#post1305421

Rafux said:

Ok you have money, we get it. Sweet setup, that looks like a Ibañez.

heh...close, its a Yamaha...nothing special. I gutted it and inserted Seymor Duncan Darrel Dimebag pickups. :)

I see only like 2 people were man enough to post their set-ups next to the OPs totally OP, god like, overkill, m-m-megadeath setup lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

I see only like 2 people were man enough to post their set-ups next to the OPs totally OP, god like, overkill, m-m-megadeath setup lol

I'm waiting for kowenicki to post...hes got a nice one

Around the Network

I'll take some pictures and post mine later today, nothing as good as señor cockpit's setup, but I love it for what i've got.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

what's going on it completely ignored my post,it's all a bit pete tong today so sorry if this doubles up

haha,very impressive you've finally shown us

love the driving setup and homemade too,no point showing mine you have 67" in the bedroom goddamn O.O

when you beat me in a racing game at least i have my excuse ready

oh yeah the BIG tv just wow

Above & Beyond

disolitude said:
zarx said:

I'm waiting for kowenicki to post...hes got a nice one

Disolitude, like we talked about some while ago, I have the same projector, almost the same computer. Still have an old CRT for the cable. Going to replace the CRT with a glassless 3DTV when something good comes out.

Icyedge said:

Disolitude, like we talked about some while ago, I have the same projector, almost the same computer. Still have an old CRT for the cable. Going to replace the CRT with a glassless 3DTV when something good comes out.

Wow...very nice man. Very elegant. Yeah, I have you to thank in my decision to get that projector. Bought it at newegg too  :)

That audio setup must be kicking you in the face when you play...lol. What type of screen is that? Looks like an electric pulldown 92 inch? 106 inch maybe...