By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Pre-Orders UP!!!! (Week ending 2nd Oct 2010)

zgamer5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

GT5 1.5m first wk! maybe 2m?

more like 1.5 m ltd.

maybe but i see 3 to 5m ltd

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Mad55 said:

man enslaved and castlevania are not gonna do as good as i want them to damn.

Legs, my friend, legs.

I'm not sure if you are serious.

GT5 would have legs. Enslaved and Castlevania would have legs too? What kind of legs do you expect?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

ethomaz said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

GT5 1.5m first wk! maybe 2m?

2M is a god bet.

NA: 500-700k
EU: over 1M
JP: 400-500k

agreed. if u think it, say it. u should never sell ur self short, and thanks!

Severance said:

a racist game in the lead Black Ops!

i mean really! look at the boxart it has a black guy and it says OPS! , means Activision mistakenly have a Black guy in in the game

BOYCOTT NOW!!! DO IT FA$&@#

Dude you got it totally wrong.

Black guy shooting white people = good.

White guy shooting Black people in african village = racism.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Even though GT5 is definitly going to outsell Forza based on the pre-orders alone, its important to remember that GT5 is also competing with every GT that has come before it, and those are some very big shoes to fill...

Edit: oh and Godofwar3ever, it looks like GOW3 is about to sell 3mil, maybe this or next week, do you think it can reach 5mil. i'm really impressed with GOW3 so far, i think it can get to 4.5mil, perhaps being the best selling action game of the gen!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
hudsoniscool said:
huaxiong90 said:
Goddbless said:
huaxiong90 said:

Yeah, definitely more Wii games than usual. Glad to see Kirby, DKCR, and LoZ: SS there.

Also, lol at Gears of War 3 already being in the list. Doing pretty solid numbers already.

Gears of War may be one to watch pretty soon.

Yeah. You think it can pass 1 and 2?

i do. gears 2 will probably pass 1 in less then a year. the reason its taken so long is probably because of how glitchy the multiplayer was. anywhay gears 2 had a launch week of just under 2 million. i ecpect 3 will have about 2.2 million. and will sell 5.5m-7m

Yeah, I've always believed word of mouth on Gears of War 2's glitchy multiplayer hurt its sales.

I don't even buy Gears for the multiplayer although I'm sure I'm in a very small minority. I actually get it for the story.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

A203D said:

Even though GT5 is definitly going to outsell Forza based on the pre-orders alone, its important to remember that GT5 is also competing with every GT that has come before it, and those are some very big shoes to fill...

Edit: oh and Godofwar3ever, it looks like GOW3 is about to sell 3mil, maybe this or next week, do you think it can reach 5mil. i'm really impressed with GOW3 so far, i think it can get to 4.5mil, perhaps being the best selling action game of the gen!

GT5 will outsell the last GT release on PS2  which was GT4.......why you ask?

- MGS4 did it (outsold MGS3)

- FF13 did it (outsold FF12, that too within 6 months of launch)

- GOW3 did it (outsold GOW2 that too within 6 months of launch)

- DMC4 did it (outsold DMC3)

Why won't GT5 do it?

EDIT: GOW3 hasn't done it....but it will by the end of the holidays!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nintendogamer said:
fwap said:
Nintendogamer said:
Beuli2 said:

Here it is - the ULTIMATE comparision chart:

Above: an Ultimate comparison chart

Could DKCR do more? maybe so because Wii is like 20M ahead of what it was this time last year.

(I think?) DKCR will be releasing closer to December than NSMBW did, so if there is a strong marketing campaign for it I could see its first week numbers doing more.

Maybe at some Zoo's since there's boudn to be some Gorilla's in the most popular zoo's out there.

Can a DK game "save" a another Nintendo console?  Time will tell us...

Based on those numbers GT5 should sell over 2 million lifetime thanks to legs and bundles.

Another 5.5 million in Europe and 2 mill in JPN and the total is 10 million rufly.

@CGI you edited your post LOL.

2M for US LT is a good number... but I belive that GT could sell a little over... maybe 2.5M.