By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DLC works well for 360 but not the for PS3

DLC works well for 360 but not the for PS3

Yes 9 30.00%

NO 12 40.00%

depends on the game 9 30.00%

Total:30

IMO, I see theres never a need for having DLC's for the PS3 games mainly due to the fact that the PS3 uses Blu-ray and developers would rather have all or some of the DLC's for that game on the Blu-ray then having users to download them. in other words developers can fully utilize the space on the blu-ray.

but say for example Uncharted 2 where ND said they have used close to 100% of the 25gb bluray disc then yeah downloading the dlc's is a must. but then again they could just use the 50gb to have the game and DLC's togather.

as for the 360 is a whole different question. since the 360 uses DVD's space can be limited so having users to download DLC's could be a must.

whats you opinion

Around the Network

DLC isnt about size.  its about money.

and how exactly do you expect them to add content to the disc after the games been released.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

and how exactly do you expect them to add content to the disc after the games been released.

but they could add these contents before its released.

iam sure developers have come up with a line up of extra content even before the game is released.

MrBubbles said:

This.

/Thread

It depends on the game, but I can safely say that it has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

DLC isn't about the lack of space on a disc, it's about additional content that can be sold seperately later on. It has zero to do with space limitations...

Around the Network

This generation, DLC is crap. It's no secret that our games seem to be less featured when they first hit shelves, only to find out a couple months later that "Oh, we already had this ready when the game was launched but we want you to pay extra money for something you should have already." Even worse was Resident Evil 5. Already on the disc but you had to pay to unlock and use it (unless you can hack). I don't think it's the fault of different formats either. I could see developers using that as an excuse, but there is no excuse. I think if devs have something ready at launch, they should release it then, especially if you have to pay for it.

RareglovE said:

IMO, I see theres never a need for having DLC's for the PS3 games mainly due to the fact that the PS3 uses Blu-ray and developers would rather have all or some of the DLC's for that game on the Blu-ray then having users to download them. in other words developers can fully utilize the space on the blu-ray.

but say for example Uncharted 2 where ND said they have used close to 100% of the 25gb bluray disc then yeah downloading the dlc's is a must. but then again they could just use the 50gb to have the game and DLC's togather.

as for the 360 is a whole different question. since the 360 uses DVD's space can be limited so having users to download DLC's could be a must.

whats you opinion

If ND used 25gb for Uncharted 2 then they have a problem. That game is a little over 8 hours long. And don't try to say its because of the GRAPHIX because Crysis fits on a DVD.

It would be unfair for 360?

They have to buy DLC's while PS3 gets it at release included already?

If there is content that is already created and on the disc when I buy it at launch, I would not pay more for it. In fact, I would seriously consider buying a game like that.

tuscaniman said:
RareglovE said:

whats you opinion

If ND used 25gb for Uncharted 2 then they have a problem. That game is a little over 8 hours long. And don't try to say its because of the GRAPHIX because Crysis fits on a DVD.

Why? They have 25 GB of space available, why compress your game to hell and back if you don't need to...