By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DLC works well for 360 but not the for PS3

DLC works well for 360 but not the for PS3

Yes 9 30.00%

NO 12 40.00%

depends on the game 9 30.00%

Total:30

is this a good idea then for developers to do.

is sell two types of the same game one which has all the DLC's but sells at a premium n the other without the DLC's with  a normal price. but both are selling at launch day

Around the Network

they cant sell content they dont have....unless you want your games delayed for a year so they can make all the DLC and add it to the disc.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

tuscaniman said:
RareglovE said:

IMO, I see theres never a need for having DLC's for the PS3 games mainly due to the fact that the PS3 uses Blu-ray and developers would rather have all or some of the DLC's for that game on the Blu-ray then having users to download them. in other words developers can fully utilize the space on the blu-ray.

but say for example Uncharted 2 where ND said they have used close to 100% of the 25gb bluray disc then yeah downloading the dlc's is a must. but then again they could just use the 50gb to have the game and DLC's togather.

as for the 360 is a whole different question. since the 360 uses DVD's space can be limited so having users to download DLC's could be a must.

whats you opinion

If ND used 25gb for Uncharted 2 then they have a problem. That game is a little over 8 hours long. And don't try to say its because of the GRAPHIX because Crysis fits on a DVD.

One big reason for size difference could be uncompressed 7.1 audio which Uncharted 2 has. And uncompressed sound requires a lot of space. Crysis has almost certainly compressed sound (and I doubt it has more than 5.1 audio), it definitely wouldn't have fitted on 1 DVD with uncompressed 7.1 sound. Then again, very few people have good enough audio equipment to recognize compressed audio from uncompressed even in theory and even then it is very small difference... 

And although Crysis is on 1 DVD, it requires 12 GB HDD space for installing. It only fits on 1 DVD because it is compressed, it is bigger than DVD after install. 

RareglovE said:
MrBubbles said:

DLC isnt about size.  its about money.

and how exactly do you expect them to add content to the disc after the games been released.

but they could add these contents before its released.

iam sure developers have come up with a line up of extra content even before the game is released.

They have, and the purpose for it is to release it after the game to generate extra revenue...

wow , why are there some many threads with the title being all jacked up.