Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy vs13 is a Final Fantasy13 killer

Final Fantasy vs13 is a Final Fantasy13 killer

Yes 49 39.52%

NO 41 33.06%

Maybe 12 9.68%

FF7 is a FF13 killer 15 12.10%

FF12 is a FF13 killer 7 5.65%

Total:124

also somewhat off topic but does anyone have a link for this FFXIII-2?  Cause I'm very intrigued with the idea.  Despite what the complainers all say FFXIII is a fantastic game.  The best FF?  No way but still awesome.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
A203D said:
ethomaz said:

For me.

FF XII > FFvsXIII >>>>>>>> FFXIII

Agreed, although i think that FFvs13 could be worst. we dont know yet!

OMG! Even worst??? Kidding.... FFXIII would be a good game if it is not called Final Fantasy.

Perhaps it would be an excellent game if it wasnt called FF13, i think if it wasnt called FF13 it would be recieved a lot worst than it was, and the sales would be so much less than they are; and surely if they thought it would be successful without the name FF, they would of called it something like.... Dirge of Cerberus or ... Infinite Undiscovery.... or... the Last Remanant

Actully i have a theory, FF13 was originally planned for the PS2, so i'm basically saying that everything in the game is exactly the same as it is - it just looks like FF12, then i think the sales would be a lot less than they are now, if it was released for the PS2 instead of the PS3 and 360.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is not in competition with Final Fantasy XIII they are two initially separate games. Final Fantasy Versus XIII dose seem to have more traditional Final Fantasy elements though. What I do find strange is that Final Fantasy XIII was expected to be the more trudisional Final Fantasy game and Final Fantasy Versus XIII was expected to be an Action RPG. But Final Fantasy XIII turned out to be more a Action RPG with a traditional ATB Battle system and Final Fantasy Versus XIII is looking to be a traditional RPG with a Action RPG Battle System.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

twesterm said:
Carl2291 said:
twesterm said:

Why do you keep saying FFvXIII is nearing?  It's still years away.

Because after each day that passes it's nearing...?

Technically, yes, but if you mean it that way, closer would be the better term.  Nearing implies that the release date is soon.  Have all the faith you want, FFvXIII's release date is not anywhere near soon.

How far along is development then, Mr Nomura?

Carl2291 said:
twesterm said:
Carl2291 said:
twesterm said:

Why do you keep saying FFvXIII is nearing?  It's still years away.

Because after each day that passes it's nearing...?

Technically, yes, but if you mean it that way, closer would be the better term.  Nearing implies that the release date is soon.  Have all the faith you want, FFvXIII's release date is not anywhere near soon.

How far along is development then, Mr Nomura?

approximately 72%

Around the Network
twesterm said:

approximately 72% I have no idea, I just posted here to pick out a pointless argument and be grumpy as hell... Again.

Fixed to perfection!

A203D said:
ethomaz said:
A203D said:
ethomaz said:

For me.

OMG! Even worst??? Kidding.... FFXIII would be a good game if it is not called Final Fantasy.

Perhaps it would be an excellent game if it wasnt called FF13, i think if it wasnt called FF13 it would be recieved a lot worst than it was, and the sales would be so much less than they are; and surely if they thought it would be successful without the name FF, they would of called it something like.... Dirge of Cerberus or ... Infinite Undiscovery.... or... the Last Remanant

Actully i have a theory, FF13 was originally planned for the PS2, so i'm basically saying that everything in the game is exactly the same as it is - it just looks like FF12, then i think the sales would be a lot less than they are now, if it was released for the PS2 instead of the PS3 and 360.

the art director for xiii Isamu Kamikokuryō, was the same as the art director in XII, that's why it looks similar. 7,8,10 had the same art director but was a different art director than of xii and xiii.

Airships, maps, towns, action RPG...how can it be better than FFXIII?

BenVTrigger said:

This.

Also there's no way VS13 sells more for multiple reasons.  First of all its a spinoff game.  Yes I know its a full game and does look remarkably good however its still not a mainline numbered FF game.  The more casual RPG fans don't even know it exists or what it is.  I have to explain to customers what the game is every time they come into Gamestop and ask about Final Fantasy.

Also as of right now its not multi-platform so it loses the sales that FF13 got from the 360

Ok first of all, it is not a spinoff game. Do some research.

second;

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
thelifatree said:
A203D said:
ethomaz said:
A203D said:
ethomaz said:

For me.

the art director for xiii Isamu Kamikokuryō, was the same as the art director in XII, that's why it looks similar. 7,8,10 had the same art director but was a different art director than of xii and xiii.

Ahh, thats not what i meant thelifatree, my theory is that if FF13 was released after FF12 on the PS2, but obviously with the PS2's graphics, so thus it would look like FF12, then i think it would've sold less than on the PS3 and 360. although it cant be proven, but i still think that.