By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is not the first to have 3D as a portable gaming device

Porcupine_I said:

maybe off topic, but i think it's a interesting fact that the Navigation System in The Range Rover uses the same Technology as the 3DS to display separate 2D screens for the Driver and the  Passenger. so the Driver can follow the road map displayed, while the Passenger can watch a Movie

I know it's cool

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:

erm playing on my gamez anyway I didn;t know and was shocked when I found out ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE INNOVATION CLAIMS MADE BY OTHER USERS ON USING 3D IN THE 3DS, really want a 3DS still tho

so it came before the virtual boy OMG IM SO STUPID WHY I DIDNT NOTICE IN THE 90ths!FAK

Porcupine_I said:

maybe off topic, but i think it's a interesting fact that the Navigation System in The Range Rover uses the same Technology as the 3DS to display separate 2D screens for the Driver and the  Passenger. so the Driver can follow the road map displayed, while the Passenger can watch a Movie

Too bad they couldn't use some different technology to make their vehicles more reliable.  Land Rover have one of the worse reliability among car manufacturers.  Least the passenger can watch a movie when the vehicle breaks down.

old news....

Of course it wasn't. The Virtual Boy was supposed to be a portable system as well. Nintendo itself has tried it in the past. Why would anyone claim the 3DS is the first?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

And here I was expecting a picture of the Virtual Boy

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
intro94 said:
jneul said:

erm playing on my gamez anyway I didn;t know and was shocked when I found out ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE INNOVATION CLAIMS MADE BY OTHER USERS ON USING 3D IN THE 3DS, really want a 3DS still tho

so it came before the virtual boy OMG IM SO STUPID WHY I DIDNT NOTICE IN THE 90ths!FAK

VIRTUAL BOY WAS NOT REALLY PORTABLE(IT WAS HUGE!!), AND IT NEVER BECAME MAINSTEAM THO, SO LETS MOVE ALONG NOW.

It took me a while to come up with that one (expecting a ban sometime soon), you can't ignore that nintendo may have been infleuenced by other 3d-portable devices as well, just like you all argue even tho move prototype existed as early as 2001, it still got infleuenced by wiimote, it is not a bad thing tho, it's called improving upon existing technology

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Why is the music on the H001 site elevator music?

And, yeah, ive already seen that. Theres also a digital camera, or two, that take 3D photos, and allow you to view them in 3D on the camera.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

jneul said:

VIRTUAL BOY WAS NOT REALLY PORTABLE(IT WAS HUGE!!), AND IT NEVER BECAME MAINSTEAM THO, SO  LETS MOVE ALONG NOW.

It ran on 6 AA batteries. It was also much smaller than a laptop which is seen as portable. It was a portable 3D gaming device. The phone you are jabbering on about isn't main stream either. You tried to argue against a non-point brought up by people who are ill informed and got busted on it. Take your lumps and move on.

More at the heart of the round about point you are making though, innovation is a word with a funny usage. People called the Wii innovative despite it doing nothing overly new. People called World of Warcraft innovative despite how derivative it really is. People called Little Big Planet innovative despite the fact that more powerful level sharing tools have been readily available with games for over a decade. Innovative simply means a new feature the person really likes, and hasn't had ready access to before. At least thats what common usage has evolved to.

What most people mean when they say innovative they mean evolutionary next step. World of Warcraft refined the MMO market and removed a lot of the bigger draw backs. Wii made the motion control the primary means of control forcing developers to support it and thus gain greater market penetration. Little Big Planet brought a level creator as the primary focus of the game combined with a powerful online system which was exceedingly rare on consoles. And now the 3DS is bringing 3D to the undisputed king of hand helds bringing a greater market presence then ever before. It is the logical next step, and Nintendo is the first to make a big push for it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
jneul said:

VIRTUAL BOY WAS NOT REALLY PORTABLE(IT WAS HUGE!!), AND IT NEVER BECAME MAINSTEAM THO, SO  LETS MOVE ALONG NOW.

It ran on 6 AA batteries. It was also much smaler than a laptop which is seen as portable. It was a portable 3D gaming device. The phone you are jabbering on about isn't main stream either. You tried to argue against a non-point brought up by people who are ill informed and got busted on it. Take your lumps and move on.

Really it looks clunky to me for a handheld we are going on about not computers or laptops....

anyway it's just an opinion

PS VITA = LIFE