By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo stars for Wii points!!!

Finaly the UK gets something other than a kick in the teeth from Nintendo!

European Nintendo fans (and UK) are now able to trade in their Nintendo stars for Wii points to be used on the shop channel on the Wii. For those who dont know what Nintendo stars are they are a currency used on the Nintendo UK website where you register games and hardware and recieve 250 stars for games 500 for a DS console and 1000 for a Wii. Up until now there has been a pretty terrible selection of things to buy with your stars, wall papers ring tones, screensavers etc but now after a long wait we can finaly use our stars for something useful.

The stars to points ratio isnt an amazingly good deal its a simple 4 stars = 1 point system.

At the moment the website isnt being very reliable but in an hour or so it should be fine.

Around the Network

???! not 4 on 1????

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

thats good for europeans,is it the same for americans

Must be an early April Fools, either that or the poster cannot read.

Wii Points Card 100
This Wii Points Card costs 400 Stars.
0 Wii Points Card(s) of this type are still available.
Wii Points Card 300
This Wii Points Card costs 1200 Stars.

Wii Points Card 500
This Wii Points Card costs 2000 Stars.

Wii Points Card 1000
This Wii Points Card costs 4000 Stars.

Looks like they may add some nice items to purchase using stars in the future although if they update it as often as they did on the prevvious site it will be next Christmas before we can actually get anything!

I hope they make this for NA, I dont feel like paying 20$ for more Wii Points.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

Its 4:1 as other people have pointed out. Still a good deal if you ask me after all star points are free.

Three things I don't quite get though.

Wii point cards running out. Surely they just have to generate a 16 digit code online.

This 2 point card per day limit Nintendo have set up. Why??

I've got 12150 points with 3500 expiring at the end of December. So I buy 2 300 wii point cards (only ones left at the time) for 1200 star points each. My account updates itself and I've got 9750 star points left (correct) but still have 2710 star points that expire at the end of December. I mean come on I've just spend 2400 star points why has the total number of star points that expire at the end of December only gone down from 3500 to 2710???????

i managed to get myself 2600 wii points over 2 days and i brought myself cybernater, super mario world and super mario bro 1 and 3. not to bad if i do say so myself :)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

It's not bad... but the exchange rate... 4:1
1 x Nintendo Wii + 4 x Wii Games = 1 x VC NES Game (or the Internet Channel)

Plus with the new website update, they don't seem to give you stars for visiting the site :/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Rage...

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=F-18dgEiWEY

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428

TomaTito said:

Plus with the new website update, they don't seem to give you stars for visiting the site :/

I noticed that, I've got about 1500 star points through site visits, shame if they stop giving them to you.