By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game looks the best? (56k warning)

Simple really, what game looks best according to you?

But this isn't some "GOW3 is teh best looking console game!", "na ah, its Uncharted 2!", "lawl, Crysis >>>>>>>>>>>> any console game"-thread. It's a thread about beauty in videogames, screw technology! If you think Battletoads is the prettiest game you've ever laid eyes on, more power to you!

For me, I think the most beatiful game is Guild Wars 2. It's not particularly high tech, but it oozes style and beauty no matter where you look.

Runner-ups include:

Valkyria Chronicles (great style)

Critter Crunch (amazing art!)

Mirror's Edge (amazing style, superb use of color)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (technology or not, it's still one beautiful game)

EDIT: I better include Flower to embarrass myself less!

And many others

Around the Network

Vib Ribbon:

Space invaders infinte gene

Rez

They look better in motion....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm going to spare everyone a cavalcade of screenshots that wouldn't really do the game justice.

I have a soft spot for Wind Waker.

There are no really high-quality videos of Wind Waker's first boss fight, but I'll drop this link anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTsJd-38RIs&feature=related

Please ignore the obnoxious intro to the video.

This ^

And this ^

NiKKoM said:

Rez

They look better in motion....

That reminds me, OMFG Child of Eden!

But yeah, pretty much all games look better in motion. That's why I posted a video of GW2.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

I sense just a bit of bias in that OP.

lol......seriously though, the most beautiful game I've seen is probably Flower or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Both had colors that really made me say: "wow" and still to this day catch my attention. They arn't the best looking games I've seen: (those credits still belong to Crysis & God of War III), but certainky the prettiest.

Flower

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Lol thinking alike!

CGI-Quality said:

I sense just a bit of bias in that OP.

I'm a failure, I let my bias for Guild Wars 2 make me forget my bias for Flower! ;_;

And yeah, there's probably some bias involved, but looking at GW2 being played, it just feels alive and beautiful in a way most games don't.

But yes, I did come up this thread while trying to find excuses to talk about Guild Wars 2.

I would say Uncharted, Wario Land: Shake it (the cartoon is beatifull), and there are a lot of others, but tohse are the ones I can remember now.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Boutros said:

*high five* You get credit for finding a better screenshot than I did, it's surprisingly hard to find any like that.