By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So terrorism in Europe?

Just read an article that the US is putting out a travel advisory because the US And UK uncovered an Al Queda plot to assemble teams of armed gunmen to go into europeon cities that have a lot of people and just shoot down as many people as possible.

Anyone in Europe nervous about this at all?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Just read an article that the US is putting out a travel advisory because the US And UK uncovered an Al Queda plot to assemble teams of armed gunmen to go into europeon cities that have a lot of people and just shoot down as many people as possible.

They clearly got this idea from Modern Warfare 2 where you go around shooting innocents. Video games are to be blamed for so much violence nowadays. There needs to be a ban on all violent video games before things go too far.

It's only a matter of time before someone finds and activates a Halo ring.

Kasz216 said:

We tend to not be nervous until something like that acually happens.

Slimebeast said:
Kasz216 said:

We tend to not be nervous until something like that acually happens.

Fair enough, I really never worry about terrorist rumors myself because they seem to only care about NY and California.

It's funny the terrorists only attack the people in our country who DON'T want to fight them.

Gotta love the internet >_>;

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

their is terrorism everywhere, people just dont know about it. and its from every single government in the world.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Al Qaeda's almost dead dude, they aren't capable of something like this at all anymore.

PSN: plasticman13

GT: TheGypsyHunter

I personally don't care. Fearing terrorism is a completely irrational fear as the chance of being killed by a terrorist attack is so ridiculously low over here. (I wouldn't want to live in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan though, in those countries terrorism is a very very real danger since the US invaded those countries)

Unfortunately anti-muslim attitudes are getting more and more popular in Europe, so there will  however probably be a massive rise of terrorist attacks over here in the future.

But by the way, terrorist attacks with guns seem like a rather strange idea to me. From a terrorist's point of view, I would probably consider bombs to be a much better alternative. They're cheap as well, they can kill more people if placed in the "right" spot, and the terrorist will survive the attack. It seems that most terrorists don't really like the idea of suicide missions.

plasticman13 said:

Al Qaeda's almost dead dude, they aren't capable of something like this at all anymore.

Eh, the last time they were almost dead 9/11 happened.  Besides it don't take more then 1 person and a gun to fire in an open crowd.

This would seem very odd move.  The group in question has numerous times tried to split of Europe from US as countries it is okay with.  With recent changes of goverment, for example a new labour leader in UK saying the war was wrong, this would seem to be exactly the wrong time for this.

The result would simply be very negative and accomplish nothing.

I guess you can never second guess people who are, no matter how cunning and otherwise intelligent, operating from an untenable basis... but this would still seem a very unlikely move.  An attack in UK maybe, due to close links to US, but other European countries?  Just wouldn't make tactical or strategic sense at all.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...