By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Final-Fan said:
goddog said:
Final-Fan said:
Haven't forgotten, just busy. Also, bump to keep in Forum Buddy.

we need you to fix our rail highway... i mean sure we have warping now but we miss your amazing use of read stone, your wizardry... and we cant fix what creepers have broked

I took a tour of my highway and all I can see broken (besides lacking modern boosters) is the spawn point.  Looks like it got carpet bombed by creepers?  WTF do we have to do to keep them out!? 

Is that all that's broken?  (Admittedly I never wanted to touch that particular mess again but I guess it won't be too bad.) 

Sand looks nice but honestly this is at LEAST the third time it's been ambushed.  What would you think of me putting down brick? 

Speaking of which, I tried using /give to make some detector rail and it didn't seem to work.  But I can mess with the spawn area (dug sand to inspect the damage below) so I'm still a mod, I think, so ... what do you think I did wrong? 

I can't wait to fix this stuff so I can see all the other stuff! 

the biggest issue was we could not fix it for a bit when it first broke.. there was spawn protection, but it only stoped players from fixing things.

brick would be fine, run obsidian under the brick if you need too.

also though the NPCS  are kinda rough we could set guards to kill creepers ..... and i guess enclose the spawn and light it up even more

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Wow so I'm just minding my own business mining and I stumbled across a big network of caves. I kept finding paths and even when I though I had found everything, I saw a few open blocks that look like they lead farther down into more caves. Sadly though, it looks like the unexplored lower level might have some monsters which stinks after not encountering any in the previous exploration.

Yeah monster extermination is going to be a big part of exploring natural caves.  I can't stand getting ambushed so I try to light as much as possible on the way down, with the goal being 100% of the cave system lit so nothing spawns anymore. 

Exploratory mining honestly doesn't really get old.  Wait till you find your first dungeon.  I assume you have upgraded from stone swords? 

I've found zombie spawners in the singleplayer. I havne't been able to successfully make a drowning farm for them though.

I'm a little more worried when finding one in multiplayer because I probably can't change the difficulty to peaceful in an emergency :P

I've set up a number of warp gates. I'm planning to rework the system tonight or tomorrow, though. I'm not entirely happy with the way they work right now. Also I think I'm going to set up the list to work mostly in alphabetical order.

Right now, destinations are:

-Spawn Island
-City (in the Cube)
-SETI
-Dionne (gates 1 and 2)
-Embraever (Dionne's South counterpart, may be renamed)
-Castlelands

I'm planning to put a destination near Wick's territory as well, and a couple others too.

SW-5120-1900-6153

goddog said:
Final-Fan said:

I took a tour of my highway and all I can see broken (besides lacking modern boosters) is the spawn point.  Looks like it got carpet bombed by creepers?  WTF do we have to do to keep them out!? 

Is that all that's broken?  (Admittedly I never wanted to touch that particular mess again but I guess it won't be too bad.) 

Sand looks nice but honestly this is at LEAST the third time it's been ambushed.  What would you think of me putting down brick?  

brick would be fine, run obsidian under the brick if you need too.

also though the NPCS  are kinda rough we could set guards to kill creepers ..... and i guess enclose the spawn and light it up even more

Obsidian shouldn't be necessary.  Brick is pretty tough, I think it can take an explosion without breaking, and even if not it won't be the devastation inflicted on sand. 

The "WTF" comment was more rhetorical, NPC guards should ... well actually I was gonna say they'd be great but if we're talking creepers it might be even worse lol, them blowing up on the NPCs.  Still creepers ought to be vanishingly rare now in the spawn area. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

server is back up,

of note due to testing the server will be slower than normal for next 48 hours, testing new heat sink details below

sorry for the down time swapped the heat sink, i was very disappointed with the one i had better than instal but a pain in the ass to install, and did not keep things cool enough

the heat sink i wanted was finally back in stock and not at a crazy 20 premium over its normal cost. it went back down to 29.99 form 49.99 everywhere Wednesday so the order was placed, and newegg had it to me Thursday despite me not paying for overnight shipping (way to go newegg)

the cooler i speak of the cool master hyper 212 plus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

(ive never said this on here before, but i endorse this product as my diamond creeper award winner)

the benefit of the new heat sink? the server idles 8c~ cooler and at full load is about 30c~ cooler. i also like its hum better,

right now i have returned the server to 4.4ghz OC, it had been running between 4 to 4.2 with world edit and pre world edit, but with bukkit, at stock (3.4 with turbo to 4.8) ... before bukkit it was moving around as i tried to find the OC limit on the old cooler it could run 4.4 but got a bit hot for my taste form time to time, 4.5 and 4.6 were unstable and too hot.

to make sure 4.4 is stable right now and the cooler is working im running prime 95 for the next 48 hours it will stress test the server. right now it looks like we should be just fine there

f the cool master hyper 212 plus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
goddog's diamond creeper award winner

Around the Network

DP sorry

I have that heatsink in my wife's computer. It's pretty stinking good.

My computer's got one that's sitting at an angle so after the air passes through the fins, it then passes over the north bridge of the motherboard and is pulled out the back of the PC.

My system is pretty much a wind tunnel. Idles at 29ºC, stresses at 38ºC.

SW-5120-1900-6153

well no sooner had i posted this than i tripped over the power cable ungracefully cutting the server off..... my bad had to fall back to save at 3:15 am.

.. again sorry, i should have done this after i went to bed but thought that would interfear more with play i did not think i would cost us the server or i would have done a manual back up... real sorry about this espcially to finalfan i know he put in a good deal of work this morning .....

thetonestarr said:
I have that heatsink in my wife's computer. It's pretty stinking good.

My computer's got one that's sitting at an angle so after the air passes through the fins, it then passes over the north bridge of the motherboard and is pulled out the back of the PC.

My system is pretty much a wind tunnel. Idles at 29ºC, stresses at 38ºC.

I had something similar in my case before the little 90mm fan on it seemed to always be at top speed, just was not big enough for the job http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185140

it would idle the core in the 28-33 range, but under stress at stock it was 58is OC is was 68ish  i resesated it a few times, but the cores had a speared of 10c frequestly, on the new heat sink 58ish is OC at a high rate, im sure i could get it down more but im not a big fan of loud fan noise, all my fans are on low, 4x120 + 1x140 in case and heatsink is 2 120s ..... the other thing that could help is getting ram with a lower heat sink, the current heat spreaders mean the front fan on the heat sink is off the sink by about 1/4 an inch

tone i just noticed... go a little crazy with the NPCs did we, there were 3 when i left now there are 57