By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

thetonestarr said:

I've begun work on creating two new nations in our world.

Our server's original nation, which is as-of-yet unnamed, is centered around Spawn Island.

Far to the north, there exists Dionne, the first of the two nations. Dionne (pronounced "dee-own" - long e, long o) is a fledgeling land, small and humble but very welcoming to new visitors.

The Dionne transit center, with Dionne's own ancient Stargate in the background.

Dionne's first contruction, my beach cottage.

To reach Dionne, just hit /warp Dionne. It'll take you right there.

so my  walled land can be the barrier,    i think i will call it outpost Eshowe.... i set that warp if  you want the cordniates hanshome6

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

I guess it CAN be, but your Eshowe's a good thousand blocks north and west of it. I doubt Dionne will even expand that far.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
I guess it CAN be, but your Eshowe's a good thousand blocks north and west of it. I doubt Dionne will even expand that far.

i thought your place was to the north, dose not work so well if im to the north, oh well,

damn cannot get on and test right now minecraft website is down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATES

worldedit updated to current

essentials updated to current

bukkit is ver 1k

NEW plugins 

portalgate plug in added - admin only

server equivelent of deathchest added - so when a creeper gets you your stuff will be in a chest if you had one on you - everyone!!!!

NPC  added - admin only  for now coming to mods soon!!!!!

ALSO ... look to friday.... maybe sunday night monday NEW worlds reachable form main world.... oh we are going crazy

---- other mods coming SOON?!?!

Dionne is to the north, yes, but your place is at something like -3000X 2000Z, and Dionne is at -2000X 1000Z. That's a loooong distance away, still, especially since it's going to expand in other directions than just towards you.

Anyways, I'm going to set up a portal hub to lead to all sorts of noteworthy locations in-game. The hub itself will probably be set up somewhere underground and completely out of the way. The portals in the hub will be connected to portals all throughout the world. There's going to be one portal at Spawn, one at the other end of Spawn Island, one at Dionne, one at Dionne's southern twin (as-of-yet unnamed), one at the northern edge of the City (so mostly in-between the City and Wick's Spleef Arena), one inside the Companion Cube, one between SETI and Shifting Sand Land, one in Castlelands, one in the Nether network, and maybe one by Wick's castle too.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Some features coming to Adventure mode (and MAYBE Survival mode, though probably toggle-able for SMP, like disabling flight and the lot):

You guys saw these bars in the screenshots I posted the other day. Now we know what they are.

The long dashed line between inventory and health is your experience bar. Yes, experience. You're going to start leveling up now. As far as I know, when you level up, it only means you're going to have more health. However, it may work differently in the future; leveling up MIGHT cause you to be able to walk faster, mine faster, or even hold a larger inventory.

Speaking of walking faster, there's evidently going to be a run/sprint option introduced in 1.8 as well.

The hams in the screenshot are your hunger scale. If this bar runs out, I'm not sure what will happen, but historically, it means you take damage, or you move more slowly, or you gain experience more slowly. It's probably going to include at least one of these options, if not a mixture of them.

Finally, they're also testing a "permadeath" function as well. I don't know if it's going to be implemented with every time you die or if it's just if you die too many times, but permadeath means you'll be restarted at level 1 when you die. I expect, if leveling only means you'll have more health, then it'll probably be an every death-type function. If you get other abilities on top of extra HP, then I'd certainly hope they don't have it happen every effing time.

We'll see.

But anyways, I just need to point out that "permadeath" does NOT mean you'll lose your account. It's not THAT type of "permadeath". It just means that THAT character you were playing as is permanently dead, and you're now playing with a new character after that. Same account, new character.

It's uncertain if these features are going to be working across ALL of Minecraft all the time, or if they're going to be specifically featured in Adventure mode. Right now, they look like the types of features that one would be seeing in an adventure game, and there's really no logical reason they should put them into survival as well, but we'll see.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Yea, I'm not sure about that stuff.

thetonestarr said:

Some features coming to Adventure mode (and MAYBE Survival mode, though probably toggle-able for SMP, like disabling flight and the lot):

You guys saw these bars in the screenshots I posted the other day. Now we know what they are.

The long dashed line between inventory and health is your experience bar. Yes, experience. You're going to start leveling up now. As far as I know, when you level up, it only means you're going to have more health. However, it may work differently in the future; leveling up MIGHT cause you to be able to walk faster, mine faster, or even hold a larger inventory.

Speaking of walking faster, there's evidently going to be a run/sprint option introduced in 1.8 as well.

The hams in the screenshot are your hunger scale. If this bar runs out, I'm not sure what will happen, but historically, it means you take damage, or you move more slowly, or you gain experience more slowly. It's probably going to include at least one of these options, if not a mixture of them.

Finally, they're also testing a "permadeath" function as well. I don't know if it's going to be implemented with every time you die or if it's just if you die too many times, but permadeath means you'll be restarted at level 1 when you die. I expect, if leveling only means you'll have more health, then it'll probably be an every death-type function. If you get other abilities on top of extra HP, then I'd certainly hope they don't have it happen every effing time.

We'll see.

But anyways, I just need to point out that "permadeath" does NOT mean you'll lose your account. It's not THAT type of "permadeath". It just means that THAT character you were playing as is permanently dead, and you're now playing with a new character after that. Same account, new character.

It's uncertain if these features are going to be working across ALL of Minecraft all the time, or if they're going to be specifically featured in Adventure mode. Right now, they look like the types of features that one would be seeing in an adventure game, and there's really no logical reason they should put them into survival as well, but we'll see.

hmm this seems all too RPGie to me, oh well, we shall see hat comes.....

oh just an FYI there may be server down time late firday early sat... if not then late sun early mon, got the new heat sink in and i have to shut down and pull parts out to swap it all, the current one is okay, but has issues with sustained heat load at O.C and runs about 12c more than id like so its time to give another one a shot (we almost never run at load like that but id like to game on here to sometimes, and that could take it up t it)

Wow so I'm just minding my own business mining and I stumbled across a big network of caves. I kept finding paths and even when I though I had found everything, I saw a few open blocks that look like they lead farther down into more caves. Sadly though, it looks like the unexplored lower level might have some monsters which stinks after not encountering any in the previous exploration.

IllegalPaladin said:
Wow so I'm just minding my own business mining and I stumbled across a big network of caves. I kept finding paths and even when I though I had found everything, I saw a few open blocks that look like they lead farther down into more caves. Sadly though, it looks like the unexplored lower level might have some monsters which stinks after not encountering any in the previous exploration.

Yeah monster extermination is going to be a big part of exploring natural caves.  I can't stand getting ambushed so I try to light as much as possible on the way down, with the goal being 100% of the cave system lit so nothing spawns anymore. 

Exploratory mining honestly doesn't really get old.  Wait till you find your first dungeon.  I assume you have upgraded from stone swords? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

goddog said:
Final-Fan said:
Haven't forgotten, just busy. Also, bump to keep in Forum Buddy.

we need you to fix our rail highway... i mean sure we have warping now but we miss your amazing use of read stone, your wizardry... and we cant fix what creepers have broked

I took a tour of my highway and all I can see broken (besides lacking modern boosters) is the spawn point.  Looks like it got carpet bombed by creepers?  WTF do we have to do to keep them out!? 

Is that all that's broken?  (Admittedly I never wanted to touch that particular mess again but I guess it won't be too bad.) 

Sand looks nice but honestly this is at LEAST the third time it's been ambushed.  What would you think of me putting down brick? 

Speaking of which, I tried using /give to make some detector rail and it didn't seem to work.  But I can mess with the spawn area (dug sand to inspect the damage below) so I'm still a mod, I think, so ... what do you think I did wrong? 

I can't wait to fix this stuff so I can see all the other stuff! 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!