By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

NJ5 said:

This guy is starting up an office in Stockholm, maybe I'll give him a ring to see if he's hiring programmers...

well according to his blog http://notch.tumblr.com/ he is hiring an artist or meeting with a prospect on the weekend. So maybe he already did hire one. he may be looking for a programmer next.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
NJ5 said:

This guy is starting up an office in Stockholm, maybe I'll give him a ring to see if he's hiring programmers...

well according to his blog http://notch.tumblr.com/ he is hiring an artist or meeting with a prospect on the weekend. So maybe he already did hire one. he may be looking for a programmer next.

Yeah it might be a long shot, but I've just emailed to ask. Thanks!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wow, I'm loving this game so far! Haven't played a game this addictive for quite awhile.. Just started playing a few days ago, and I've already spent countless hours on it. I built a pretty beastly multi level castle that no enemy has been able to penetrate and have begun a huge mining endeavor under the castle. It's just amazing, it never seems to end. I still haven't hit the bottom yet, and I must have spent a good 12 hours digging deeper. I recently found some gold and diamond, really a feeling of accomplishment when you finally come across some. I think that's the main draw to this game to me, the fact that everything you do is rewarding in some way as well as the complete freedom to explore and craft.

Strangely I haven't really gotten in trouble much from the enemies themselves, but rather the lava, which I accidentally touched while venturing a little too deep in my cave, and I think all the stuff I was carrying sunk in the lava when I died.. So yeah kinda irked about that, but that aint gonna stop me!

Metallicube said:

Wow, I'm loving this game so far! Haven't played a game this addictive for quite awhile.. Just started playing a few days ago, and I've already spent countless hours on it. I built a pretty beastly multi level castle that no enemy has been able to penetrate and have begun a huge mining endeavor under the castle. It's just amazing, it never seems to end. I still haven't hit the bottom yet, and I must have spent a good 12 hours digging deeper. I recently found some gold and diamond, really a feeling of accomplishment when you finally come across some. I think that's the main draw to this game to me, the fact that everything you do is rewarding in some way as well as the complete freedom to explore and craft.

Strangely I haven't really gotten in trouble much from the enemies themselves, but rather the lava, which I accidentally touched while venturing a little too deep in my cave, and I think all the stuff I was carrying sunk in the lava when I died.. So yeah kinda irked about that, but that aint gonna stop me!

the beauty of a randomly generated world is the fact that it is endless. Apparently the theoretical limit to the world size is approximately the size of earth, if you have the hard-drive space. It is a really great game every action because you only have to do it because you wan't to everything you do is rewording. Wan't to find some diamonds then dig and dig until you do and when you finally do that is your reword. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I've put a lot of hours into this game. Once I had collected diamonds and hit the bottom of the Earth, I ran out of personal goals :p

I'm now playing SC2 but will totally get into this again when the multiplayer is more functional.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:

I've put a lot of hours into this game. Once I had collected diamonds and hit the bottom of the Earth, I ran out of personal goals :p

I'm now playing SC2 but will totally get into this again when the multiplayer is more functional.

you could try making a better computer...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Update coming this haloween. Try to guess the theme.

zarx said:
Demotruk said:

you could try making a better computer...

Nah, making stuff for the sake of making stuff doesn't interest me.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Enjoyable game, but after putting about 5 hours into it I got bored. A lot of people will easily get double that or more though. And for 10 euros, it's a great deal as all future updates will be included. 

The fact that it wasn't in the VGC database doesn't surprise me at all. An Indie Game on the PC is just about the least popular combination you can get around here.

Also, Notch has sold 320,000 copies of this game to date. Impressive.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

even L4D is getting in on the minecraft

Michael Louisseize has made a Minecraft map. Nothing amazing there though, right? I see more Minecraft maps than I see exploding people in computerised entertainment devices. BUT WAIT. 

Yep, he’s made it in L4D2, and he’s made that lovely poster to go with it. It’s intended as a 4-level campaign with above and below ground levels, and the first one is pretty much done:

When he’s done with them, he’ll be running screaming through them with some familiar industry names:

• Left 4 Dead maestro and funny guy Chet Faliszek,
  • God of War creator and actual God of War David Jaffe,
  • and Minecraft craftsman Markus Persson.

Michael Louisseize owns and runs World of Minecraft, a massive community of Minecraft servers that supply their own Minecraft client wrapper for use with their servers.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/05/theres-a-minecraft-campaign-coming-for-left-4-dead-2/

@TheVoxelman on twitter