By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

marciosmg said:

Since no one commented, Im jusy gonna continue talking to myself.

So, marciosmg, here's what I have been up to:

Started a new game and decided to make a a safehoue inside a muntain near a cave to be close to resources (specially coal).

I died once at night and at the spawn point there were 2 zombies so they killed me twice in a row, lol. That made me lose some good resources. Nothing big, but good number of them (plues candles and ladders).

Now, I never walk around with coal and always keep a bunch of candles and ladders safely in my chest.

I have started to dig down inside my safehouse but havent turned up anything yet.

PS - Fun  story  - I dug the left side of the wall in my safehouse and put some stairs outside. The game crashed. When I started it again, all the items I had gained were there, but the wall was back like I hadnt done anything and the stairs werent there too.

I know that feeling, i can never seem to find coal in my secure mine, all the other stuff i need and use had a shit ton of sand in the secure area. so i have to venture out to get it. thanks to the october update, sheer cliffs are all around the edges of the map from before that update, si ill heard out there and mine, however the update created booby trapped land.  alot more of the one layer then a massive drop to the center of the earth or open ground level spawns ... i lost 148 in coal on my last trip out, with 36 oar, and 3 oar picks ... and the last of my torches .. should have headed back earlier.

crashes suck too.... they will save the areas ive mined out. but as you said not the work on my base... lost a lot of glass to that one time

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
goddog said:
marciosmg said:

Since no one commented, Im jusy gonna continue talking to myself.

So, marciosmg, here's what I have been up to:

Started a new game and decided to make a a safehoue inside a muntain near a cave to be close to resources (specially coal).

I died once at night and at the spawn point there were 2 zombies so they killed me twice in a row, lol. That made me lose some good resources. Nothing big, but good number of them (plues candles and ladders).

Now, I never walk around with coal and always keep a bunch of candles and ladders safely in my chest.

I have started to dig down inside my safehouse but havent turned up anything yet.

PS - Fun  story  - I dug the left side of the wall in my safehouse and put some stairs outside. The game crashed. When I started it again, all the items I had gained were there, but the wall was back like I hadnt done anything and the stairs werent there too.

I know that feeling, i can never seem to find coal in my secure mine, all the other stuff i need and use had a shit ton of sand in the secure area. so i have to venture out to get it. thanks to the october update, sheer cliffs are all around the edges of the map from before that update, si ill heard out there and mine, however the update created booby trapped land.  alot more of the one layer then a massive drop to the center of the earth or open ground level spawns ... i lost 148 in coal on my last trip out, with 36 oar, and 3 oar picks ... and the last of my torches .. should have headed back earlier.

crashes suck too.... they will save the areas ive mined out. but as you said not the work on my base... lost a lot of glass to that one time

My problem is dying a lot. So I created a massive skybridge to take me from the spawnpoint to my safehouse.

I just need to build stairs on it to complete it.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

darthdevidem01 said:

starting to play it

Advice?

Dig straight down as far as you can.  Look for coal.  Build somehwere to hide near your spawn point.

Or skip all that and make a boat.

well this is interesting, more interesting than any xbox kinect games to me anyway

Earlier today, we learned that a hacked Kinect can play Super Mario Bros. That's cool and all, but can it play indie sandbox game Minecraft?

Yes. Yes it can.

Below, YouTube user/innovator leparlon shows off his ability to play Minecraft with Kinect.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708887/nugget-from-the-net-kinect-minecraft.html#ixzz16khErzCr

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was playing last night and the power went out.

When it came back my save was gone.

Hours and hours building my nice cave and the giant skybridge all gone.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
marciosmg said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was playing last night and the power went out.

When it came back my save was gone.

Hours and hours building my nice cave and the giant skybridge all gone.

Ouch, I feel for you

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

another bug fix for survival multiplayer

Bug update #3.

The client version is now 1.2.4
The server version is now 0.2.6 (mandatory update, there’s been protocol changes)

Bug fix list:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
* Made arrows visible and deal damage
* Hoes now produce proper seeds
* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
* Explosions animate properly
* No more infinite free arrows
* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it
* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly
* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip
* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server
* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds
* You can now see sneaking players
* Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance
* Snowballs!!

I’ll monitor for bugs for a while, then head home!

[edit:]

Server 0.2.6_01 no longer gives everyone 64 snowballs on connecting

Server 0.2.6_02 and client 1.2.4_01 now spawn other monsters than ONLY CREEPERS EVERYWHERE

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

another bug fix for survival multiplayer

Bug update #3.

The client version is now 1.2.4
The server version is now 0.2.6 (mandatory update, there’s been protocol changes)

Bug fix list:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
* Made arrows visible and deal damage
* Hoes now produce proper seeds
* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
* Explosions animate properly
* No more infinite free arrows
* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it
* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly
* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip
* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server
* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds
* You can now see sneaking players
* Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance
* Snowballs!!

I’ll monitor for bugs for a while, then head home!

Server 0.2.6_01 no longer gives everyone 64 snowballs on connecting

Server 0.2.6_02 and client 1.2.4_01 now spawn other monsters than ONLY CREEPERS EVERYWHERE

ill get the VGC server updated in the morning

darthdevidem01 said:

starting to play it

Advice?

- Make axes, chop wood. LOTS of it. You can never have too much wood. And you'll probably end up using lots of cobblestone as well.

- Stay stocked on food

- Build a shelter very early on, doesn't even have to be great. As long as it keeps out the baddies.

- Create lots of pickaxes too, to prepare yourself for some hardcore mining.

- When mining, mine in branches. In other words, make several paths underground and don't extend one particular tunnel too far, in case you happen to die and all your items dissapear before you can retrieve them from your spawn point.

- Find lots and lots of iron, as it is very useful as armor, pickaxes, and is the only way to make railroads, which become very useful as you get deeper into the game and expand outward.

- Diamond is your friend, as it is very rare, deep underground, and very useful. I find that it is most useful to make pickaxes.

- Watch your back for creepers! (the dudes in my avatar). Especially in dark areas and early mornings.

- Enjoy manipulating and building your world the way you deem fit and say goodbye to your social life :)

server is up hey0s mod is also up and patched