By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

goddog said:

ill add a screen shot later, but the tower coming up out of the water and the hollow below is mine. was working on a subway system down there, had a lot of the tunnels cut finnished, but the lack of the minecart fix has stopped work on that

You must have put a lot or work into that place. I'm trying to build an underwate section now and it's taking ages.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
wick said:
goddog said:

ill add a screen shot later, but the tower coming up out of the water and the hollow below is mine. was working on a subway system down there, had a lot of the tunnels cut finnished, but the lack of the minecart fix has stopped work on that

You must have put a lot or work into that place. I'm trying to build an underwate section now and it's taking ages.

it was an island original mined it out to the island to the bottom of the world. then latter added the glass  to the sides and lowered the roof to let water run over the glass

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I built the fortress near the giant tree. I'm also trying to cultivate  the hill near the fortress with wheat.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

and tagged

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

and tagged

You killed the thread....

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
zarx said:

and tagged

how? by showing more awesome and re adding it to my hot topics? 

bummer

I blame my father for not raising me right 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
Silver-Tiger said:
zarx said:

and tagged

how? by showing more awesome and re adding it to my hot topics? 

bummer

I blame my father for not raising me right 

Ahh well, it has been fixed. For some reason the whole table was destroyed and out of place. Never mind.

So lately I've been working on this giant wall/highway that extends across a huge stretch of land and leads back to my castle so I can safely travel through the night and wander far enough off without losing my way. I've added to my castle as well, here's a pretty sweet looking pic taken at night (can't seem to get the embedding to work but here is a link):

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/Metallicube/?action=view&current=Castle.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/Metallicube/?action=view&current=Castle.jpg&

I made a water/lava fall that gives it a neat effect and helps it show in the dark. The castle has a few layers of wall and within the wall there is a four story building. I am standing on the wall I mentioned that I'm currently working on which extends far beyond behind me.

One of these days I'm going to have to check out the nether, I just haven't had much reason to do so yet and I've been keeping busy with other stuff, like building the wall, railroad tracks, mining for more iron, etc. Plus I just don't see much need for it, besides just a change of scenery. It looks like certain death in there, so I'd just rather stay where it's relatively safe., away form the mutant pig men :/. But I do plan on braving that god forsaken place in the near future, at least once to check it out..

Metallicube said:

So lately I've been working on this giant wall/highway that extends across a huge stretch of land and leads back to my castle so I can safely travel through the night and wander far enough off without losing my way. I've added to my castle as well, here's a pretty sweet looking pic taken at night (can't seem to get the embedding to work but here is a link):

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/Metallicube/?action=view&current=Castle.jpg&">http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/Metallicube/?action=view&current=Castle.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/Metallicube/?action=view¤t=Castle.jpg&

I made a water/lava fall that gives it a neat effect and helps it show in the dark. The castle has a few layers of wall and within the wall there is a four story building. I am standing on the wall I mentioned that I'm currently working on which extends far beyond behind me.

One of these days I'm going to have to check out the nether, I just haven't had much reason to do so yet and I've been keeping busy with other stuff, like building the wall, railroad tracks, mining for more iron, etc. Plus I just don't see much need for it, besides just a change of scenery. It looks like certain death in there, so I'd just rather stay where it's relatively safe., away form the mutant pig men :/. But I do plan on braving that god forsaken place in the near future, at least once to check it out..

Cool thing, you've built the Chinese Wall. Now don't forget to fend off those annoying Mongolians.

First of all, most “mods” that add new features to the game are in a very gray area legally, and I frown upon them. Most of them add really cool new features, though. It’s highly likely that something like the bridge mod will make it into the game.

Now, the update.
I was going to release this today, but it’s 6 pm already and my fiancée turns 30 today (I love you, ez!), so I’ll go eat a nice dinner instead.

Here’s what’s already done for the update:

General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)

There are a couple of bugs left, like it not being possible to steer the boats yet, and other players not having the riding animation when riding. Fishing also works horribly poorly. Once I’ve fixed that tomorrow, I’ll release an update for both the server and the client.

As for the texture packs, it’ll look something like this:

Later on, the server list and world selection in singleplayer will have a similar look to this.

http://notch.tumblr.com/

@TheVoxelman on twitter