By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII outsold Final Fantasy XII

darthdevidem01 said:

Excellent!

FF13 is better than FF12 in almost all aspects, it deserves to sell much more than it! Nice to see consumers echo this statement!

@Acevil

FF8 is the one deserving of more sales.

Why yes it is Darth! I'm glad you agree.

and WOOOT @ FF13. It is the 2nd best game this gen for a reason.

Around the Network

It's sad that the best FFs sell poorly and the worst FFs sell well. Honestly Nomura and co can have their emo bullshit storylines, bad voice acting, and zippers - just let Matsuno actually make games and I'll be happy.

TheFlyingDutchman said:

perpride said:Also, the fact that FFXIII has passed FFXII in sales also serves as a slap in the face of those who have constantly been nagging about the 360 version. People put their fanboy biases in the way when they play video games. They tried to say that the 360 vesion of FFXIII would cause the game to be dumbed down and wouldn't even sell well. Guess what? The game ended up being one of the best in the series and became the best selling JRPG ever on the 360.

After the announcement of the 360-version all we heard about the game were things that were deleted or could end up in the form of DLC. So saying the 360-version isn't guilty is BS if you ask me. Sounds a lot like Natal going Kinect ... disappointment after disappointment.

It sold very well because of the PS3-version (more then 73.4%!) without Sony spending too much on ads, the 360-version sold just a bit over 26.6% of the games total sales with MS spending way too much on advertising, lies about exclusivity and a bigger userbase. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Final Fantasy XIII might be one of the best FF's on your list, but on my list it's even below FF X-2 which was the worst by FAR! before XIII came out. That XIII is the best selling JRPG on the 360 says more about the 360's community then about the game. Didn't they get most of the JRPG's before the PS3-users did?

I bet Sazh is the most liked character by the 360-community.
I'll tell you why; He has guns!

The game got over 1M sales in japan alone for PS3. Without that, the diference wouldn't be so great. And this game is also the best selling jRPG on PS3. And i can see two facts for this being the best selling jRPG on both. First, because it is a Final Fantasy. Second its because of the bad reviews the other games got.

But yes, the Xbox community failed. This game don't deserve more sales than Lost Odyssey.  :/

A simply brilliant game. Deserved !

lurkerwithnosoul said:
TheFlyingDutchman said:

perpride said:Also, the fact that FFXIII has passed FFXII in sales also serves as a slap in the face of those who have constantly been nagging about the 360 version. People put their fanboy biases in the way when they play video games. They tried to say that the 360 vesion of FFXIII would cause the game to be dumbed down and wouldn't even sell well. Guess what? The game ended up being one of the best in the series and became the best selling JRPG ever on the 360.

After the announcement of the 360-version all we heard about the game were things that were deleted or could end up in the form of DLC. So saying the 360-version isn't guilty is BS if you ask me. Sounds a lot like Natal going Kinect ... disappointment after disappointment.

It sold very well because of the PS3-version (more then 73.4%!) without Sony spending too much on ads, the 360-version sold just a bit over 26.6% of the games total sales with MS spending way too much on advertising, lies about exclusivity and a bigger userbase. Kind of sad if you ask me.

Final Fantasy XIII might be one of the best FF's on your list, but on my list it's even below FF X-2 which was the worst by FAR! before XIII came out. That XIII is the best selling JRPG on the 360 says more about the 360's community then about the game. Didn't they get most of the JRPG's before the PS3-users did?

I bet Sazh is the most liked character by the 360-community.
I'll tell you why; He has guns!

The game got over 1M sales in japan alone for PS3. Without that, the diference wouldn't be so great. And this game is also the best selling jRPG on PS3. And i can see two facts for this being the best selling jRPG on both. First, because it is a Final Fantasy. Second its because of the bad reviews the other games got.

But yes, the Xbox community failed. This game don't deserve more sales than Lost Odyssey.  :/

In your opinion. I loved Lost Odyssey, but FFXIII to me is just a better game all around. Except I really enjoyed L.O.s battle system a bit more.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Excellent!

FF13 is better than FF12 in almost all aspects, it deserves to sell much more than it! Nice to see consumers echo this statement!

@Acevil

Compared to MW2 every FF deserves more sales lol

@Qays

Nomura, Kitase, Tabata >>>>> Matsuno

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Excellent!

@Acevil

@Qays

*waits to see if Darth realizes what just happened*

and yes I agree that CoD is utter garbage.

I agree that FFXIII did not deserve to sell more than FFXII. FFXII is better than FFXIII in every aspect, especially replay value. I like FFXIII, but one thing that bothered me was there's nothing to do other than fighting. Not only that, but I can't see myself going through those linear corridors anytime soon.

FFXII, on the other hand, had hunts, a bunch of side-quests, numerous places to explore, espers, etc. You can easily spend 200 hours in that game with the optional stuff. The battle system was pretty neat including the gambits, and removing the random battles/screen battle transition was a welcomed addition. Lastly, I really enjoyed the serious, mature tone of the game (story). If Vaan and Penelo weren't present, it would be a near perfect game for me.

Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Excellent!

@Acevil

@Qays

*waits to see if Darth realizes what just happened*

and yes I agree that CoD is utter garbage.

I won't say MW2 is garbage, it was kinda fun and the millions of people buying map packs for it proves its a good product, but only MGS4 deserves the amount of sales it got!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mirson said:

I agree that FFXIII did not deserve to sell more than FFXII. FFXII is better than FFXIII in every aspect, especially replay value. I like FFXIII, but one thing that bothered me was there's nothing to do other than fighting. Not only that, but I can't see myself going through those linear corridors anytime soon.

FFXII, on the other hand, had hunts, a bunch of side-quests, numerous places to explore, espers, etc. You can easily spend 200 hours in that game with the optional stuff. The battle system was pretty neat including the gambits, and removing the random battles/screen battle transition was a welcomed addition. Lastly, I really enjoyed the serious, mature tone of the game (story). If Vaan and Penelo weren't present, it would be a near perfect game for me.

Does Matsuno still work at Square? I really enjoyed XII but seriously what in the blazes has that team been doing since the XII release?