By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii apparently added the most exclusive games last months

Huh.

Damn, all that hot air is overheating my internets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_computer_and_video_games#Top_21_console_games_of_all_time - 16 of these are Japanese. Nintendo notably holds 12 spots. 4 of the 16 Japanese titles, a good 33% are recent additions within the last 5 years..

Around the Network
windbane said:
PS360N64PSXBOX said:

You can also no console has won the console war without winning the USA. It can also be said that the past two second place systems in the console war were #3 in Japan. Xbox was #3 in Japan but #2 in the world and the N64 was #3 in Japan but #2 in the world. In fact the Xbox got killed in Japan but made it up elsewhere, so Japan's infleunce is on the decline. In fact even if you take away PS 1 and 2's Japan's sales and give the PS1 sales to the N64 and the PS2 to GC...And double them...The Playstation systems would still have won those gens...without Japan.. So FACT: Japan didn't matter than and it doesn't really matter now. More systems are being made to gear to a US and European audience and the European region has already outsold Japan...Sorry, Japan is on the way out...FACT! Also all the top 20 Games of all time..Japan didn't lead them..the America's did....

Huh? Is that claim based on your own personal list of top 20 games? The last I checked Nintendo and Square were in Japan...or do you mean games sold? Either way, the creators are in Japan, so it matters. Sony and Nintendo create consoles...they are in Japan.

I wouldn't bother with the replies - I don't think he reads them, or has any idea what we are actually discussing here. {sigh}

"FACT - JAPAN DOESN'T MATTER" ... no comment. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Someone ban him already or I'll stop posting.

shams said:
windbane said:
PS360N64PSXBOX said:

You can also no console has won the console war without winning the USA. It can also be said that the past two second place systems in the console war were #3 in Japan. Xbox was #3 in Japan but #2 in the world and the N64 was #3 in Japan but #2 in the world. In fact the Xbox got killed in Japan but made it up elsewhere, so Japan's infleunce is on the decline. In fact even if you take away PS 1 and 2's Japan's sales and give the PS1 sales to the N64 and the PS2 to GC...And double them...The Playstation systems would still have won those gens...without Japan.. So FACT: Japan didn't matter than and it doesn't really matter now. More systems are being made to gear to a US and European audience and the European region has already outsold Japan...Sorry, Japan is on the way out...FACT! Also all the top 20 Games of all time..Japan didn't lead them..the America's did....

Huh? Is that claim based on your own personal list of top 20 games? The last I checked Nintendo and Square were in Japan...or do you mean games sold? Either way, the creators are in Japan, so it matters. Sony and Nintendo create consoles...they are in Japan.

I wouldn't bother with the replies - I don't think he reads them, or has any idea what we are actually discussing here. {sigh}

See mods, this is why I get pissed. Flamed and flambaited.....By fanboys with no clue whatsoever.

And ranzchic your link doesn't show region sales....whatever.

Predicting the Future - 360 Will get to 11 Million in the USA this year!!

Predicting the Future - Wii will NOT win this gen in America!!

Prediciting the Future - The PS3 will pass the Wii by 2009!!

ranzchic said:
Someone ban him already or I'll stop posting.

0_o

Not worth it.

And shams what I said was true, both of the last two gens the #2 systems was #3 in Japan...Double check if you want..Double check the numbers I said to, Take PS1's Japan and give them to the N64, but double them first, N64 is still #2. Do the same next gen, same outcome.

Around the Network

Those are worldwide figures. Go use this site's stuff, click on World>then Software.

PS360N64PSXBOX said:
shams said:
windbane said:
PS360N64PSXBOX said:

See mods, this is why I get pissed. Flamed and flambaited.....By fanboys with no clue whatsoever.

And ranzchic your link doesn't show region sales....whatever.

Well you tend to argue endlessly with everybody...I can see why people get tired of it.  You clearly lead people on sometimes.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ranzchic said:
Those are worldwide figures. Go use this site's stuff, click on World>then Software.

I already did that....How do you think I knew the N64 was #2 WW but #3 in Japan and the Xbox was #3 in Japan but #2 WW...Double check if you want...I also said what I did about the PS sales because I wanted to show Japan isn't as important as you claim, mainly because Sony could have won without them. Now stop flaming.

BenKenobi88 said:
PS360N64PSXBOX said:
shams said:
windbane said:
PS360N64PSXBOX said:

And ranzchic your link doesn't show region sales....whatever.

Well you tend to argue endlessly with everybody...I can see why people get tired of it.  You clearly lead people on sometimes.

And yet I seem to be right 90% of the time. Nice job allowing flaming, as a mod you are supposed to put an end to it no matter your personal feelings towards any poster.

Japan matters to a lot of us, as not all of us enjoy Halo, Grand Theft Auto or Dungeons & Dragons. Speaking for myself, 90% of my console game collection is Japanese.

Edit : Oh, and you aren't right 90% of the time outside of your own biased perspective. 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.