By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've been playing a lot more Forza 2 lately and have had an epiphany

"It is currently the best driving sim on the market"

Not even close, play some titles by SimBin, it wipes the floor with Forza 2 in every way possible.

I played Forza 2 enough, more than the game deserves and I can only think that your Fanboy Forza 2 comments are based on not playing enough other driving games. (See, I can accuse you randomly of being a fanboy as well. Isn't that fun.)

As for read the reviews, don't make me laugh.. You know how much reviews are paid for, the mainstream press are more biased than even the mario-humpers.

Around the Network
elnino334 said:
People forget you can enjoy forza 2 now versus waiting for gt. Whos to say forza 3 won't match gt5 or surpass it. I love arguments comparing currently released games that have been proven vs games not yet on the market. Reminds of me people waiting to see how much ass the PS3 was going to kick once it was out. Personally the only gt's I enjoyed where part 1 and part 2. Until the game is out there is always a chance it may dissapoint and this goes for any game. Can we keep it at comparing forza 2 to currently released games? Kind of unfair to compare a game that will basically be over a year old when gt comes out.

Sure, but ain't it a bit unfair to compare Forza 2 to last gen games then? Just a thought...

Morgyn said:

Not even close, play some titles by SimBin, it wipes the floor with Forza 2 in every way possible.

I played Forza 2 enough, more than the game deserves and I can only think that your Fanboy Forza 2 comments are based on not playing enough other driving games. (See, I can accuse you randomly of being a fanboy as well. Isn't that fun.)

As for read the reviews, don't make me laugh.. You know how much reviews are paid for, the mainstream press are more biased than even the mario-humpers.

Yes, and we also know how knowledgeable game reviewers are about motorsports in real life and cars in general...

I love sim racers like Forza.

Going back from somewhat-real damage (atleast enough to make you realize crashing into the walls is bad), and going back to the garbage that is GT4, was huge for me. I "grew up" on loving GT3 a ton when I had a PS2. Loved it to death.

But then FM1 came out, and was a fantastic game. I don't understand why more games don't have realilistic, or atleast decent damage.

I do agree Fm2 could do more to be more "realilistic" about damage. When you slide on ths side of a wall of a speedway, going 180mph, your not going to pull out of it randomly. Getting hit by a car, at that speed only shatters windshields, and *maybe* allowing you to play in 2nd gear at best. In real life you'd be dead, your car beyond totaled, and such. I hope FM3 does more.

But having said that, FM2 is a great improvement. But it's still just a stepping stone. Once GT5 comes out, hopefully FM3 takes the genre-defining role it has since FM1 came out.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Without a damage a sim isn't a sim anymore. It totally changes the way you drive, and it also keeps you on your toes the entire race. Even if you get out to a big lead you have to stay sharp because you are always one crash away from causing your car max out at 20 mph.

I know GT5 graphically looks great(at least from the previews), but if it doesn't have some form of damage(more than cosmetic) than it won't compare to Forza2

Around the Network
Morgyn said:

In every way possible?  25 unique cars?  Well, there's on way it doesn't even come close to GT or Forza.

I haven't played GTR2 yet, but I will (PC version), so I'll withhold final judgement until I have quite a bit of with it.  I'd be surprised if the physics are as good and as transparent as those in Forza 2, though. 

tylerdurden said:
Without a damage a sim isn't a sim anymore. It totally changes the way you drive, and it also keeps you on your toes the entire race. Even if you get out to a big lead you have to stay sharp because you are always one crash away from causing your car max out at 20 mph.

I know GT5 graphically looks great(at least from the previews), but if it doesn't have some form of damage(more than cosmetic) than it won't compare to Forza2

yeah damage for sim racers is very important,but i still liked GT even without it

Morgyn said:

Ah, yes, my sweeping generalization.  I should have put the word "console"  in there somewhere.  I don't do PC games other than puzzle and such and when I compare games, I generallly leave consoles and PCs in their respective classes because the consoles just don't have the horsepower that high-end gaming rigs do and hence can't pull off as much.  That said, Forza 2 is the best consoles driving sim on the market at the moment.  There are others on the near-term horizon, including one from SimBin for the 360.  Tell me what console game currently available is a better overall sim that excels over Forza 2 in all areas -- i.e. physics calculations, car customization, overall graphics, and so on... You can't because it doesn't exist.  I've been playing games since Pong and I've played a whole lot of racing games over the years.  Forza 2 is currently the top of the food chain for an overall racing sim.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Graphics look awesome!

Mummelmann said:
Frasman said:
gebx said:
I hated how one of the most realistic racing sims just kept giving away cars everytime you won a race. I ended up with 12 cars within an hour.

It felt so unsastisfiing to win cars, which was the total opposite in GT, winning a car or getting enough money to buy something in a new category was thrilling. Forza's prize system just ruined it for me....

So I gave my copy to my brother within a week and never played again.

GT4 has exactly the same system. Ya win a series get a car. Forza 2 has eliminated part of the problem by making the cars you win worthless if you sell them back to the computer. At least Forza 2 lets you RACE and Upgrade the cars you won (I'm looking at you Diamler Motor Carrage & Jay Lenno Tank Car).

Forza 2's only weekness for me, is endurance races are too damn short. The longest endurance race is less than half the legnth of the shortest GT endurance race. Even some of the series races are longer.

Congrats, I think you mentioned 2 cars among 700 ++ in the game that can't be modified... Actually, I think the Tank Car can be modified. Did you seriously expect to add a turbo, some nitrous, slick tires and racing suspension on a "car" from 1886!?

This is the most flawed post I've read in here, I think. 

Is there some type of cash reward?

Actually that's only 2 of the cars yes, but if you actually played the game throughly it turns out more than 20+ cars that you earn are not moddable or racable in Turisom mode. You tried racing with the Catterham?

I'm not expecting to mod the Diamler Motor Carrage, but at the very least let me race the damn thing.  I earned the p.o.s. for a reason.  This is a racing game after all. 

The Diamler Motor Carrage, did have replaceable parts....hence should be upgradeable, it just dosen't have to be performance based.