By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dev hints at PSP2 release window in 6 months!

Cross-X said:
raptors11 said:
Cross-X said:
Soriku said:

More like possible reveal window, not release.

This.

I seriously doubt Sony would release the PSP2 head to head with the 3DS.

They would if the 3DS is $300 and the PSP2 is $200 or $250 ;)

lol but we know what the odds are of that happening :D

hahaha good point. Well if Sony learned anything from their $600 PS3 its don't overprice your console.

Around the Network
raptors11 said:

hahaha good point. Well if Sony learned anything from their $600 PS3 its don't overprice your console.

Well, seeing how the Go sells for $250, I wouldn't count on a new, (most likely) far more capable successor costing less than that. Probably more. IF it even exists.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
raptors11 said:

Well, seeing how the Go sells for $250, I wouldn't count on a new, (most likely) far more capable successor costing less than that. Probably more. IF it even exists.

Yeah that's true. Just when I thought Sony was finally learning they released the Go at $250...Just ridiculous.

ElGranCabeza said:

It actually sold 62 million, but who's counting? The 3DS has literally taken the PSP's lunch though, ohh you have MGSPW on PSP? We'll take that and give you MGS3DS. You got a mainline KH game? We'll take that and give you what possibly is KH3. You got Persona? We'll give you that. FF? No problem.  Street Fighter? Yep. The PSP2 is in deep shit no matter what.

yeah let's compare the games from the NEXT ds to the current PSP..heck it actually shows how capable of a gaming device the PSP is...PSP2 will be capable of much more.

I have both a DS and a PSP, both have their strengths and both have great games....PSP2 will sell just fine, heck have you seen the line up it has? And that is without any info on a psp2 launch line up

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
ElGranCabeza said:

It actually sold 62 million, but who's counting? The 3DS has literally taken the PSP's lunch though, ohh you have MGSPW on PSP? We'll take that and give you MGS3DS. You got a mainline KH game? We'll take that and give you what possibly is KH3. You got Persona? We'll give you that. FF? No problem.  Street Fighter? Yep. The PSP2 is in deep shit no matter what.

yeah let's compare the games from the NEXT ds to the current PSP..heck it actually shows how capable of a gaming device the PSP is...PSP2 will be capable of much more.

I have both a DS and a PSP, both have their strengths and both have great games....PSP2 will sell just fine, heck have you seen the line up it has? And that is without any info on a psp2 launch line up

What? Either way it's very very very unlikely that it'll come close to matching the 3DS's lineup.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:

What? Either way it's very very very unlikely that it'll come close to matching the 3DS's lineup.

Why? did you see the future? again Have you seen the current and upcoming line up for the current gen PSP? It's a very solid line up of games with lots of great titles...and we have absolutely NO info about the psp2. Just rumors and specualtion on the HW let alone the SW for it. So no this is more or less wishful or blind thinking on your part. Do yourself a favor and go look at the psp game line up for 2010/11. IF psp2 laun next year that list will ONLY get better

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Carl2291 said:

So... 6 Months time?

Game Developers Conference? It's on in March...

Would be a perfect place to reveal it. Then hype the nuts off it up until E3... Then release it towards the Holidays?

absolutely perfect!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

There's probably room for PSP and 3DS in the market. I think the PSP2 is more inclined to matching the iphone, while the 3DS is just something unique in itself. I cant see why there's no room for both handhelds... Actually i cant really see why people would be bothered by a competition between these two companies :/

LOL @ the picture.

There's an important Sony event from 6 months now???

ElGranCabeza said:

Like I said. Over 60 Million... And still going. This site counts it, and pretty much everyone on the site counts it.

Who cares if the 3DS has big games? Look at what the PSP had in its opening years compared to the DS... GTA and MGS to name a couple.

Where is the 3DS' Monster Hunter?