By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

theonewhoisme said:
d21lewis said:

Man, Move is untrackable.  How many people already had a PS Eye?  How many just bought the Wand and Camera?  How many thought it was a dildo?  How many are buying the Navigation Controller, Wand, and Camera?  I don't think we'll ever agree how sales of the peripheral should be counted or how many sold.  We'll probably just have to focus on game sales in the end.

Everyone with the camera and atleast one wand = move sales, thing is we don't know how many people who already had a camera bought a wand 

So if I buy a camera to play Uno and somebody else buys a second Wand, we combine like Voltron to equal one Move sale?  Or if some lonely woman thought.......you know what?  I'm tired of blue comedy.  I'm gonna clean up my act!  You hear me, VGChartz!?  From this moment on, d21lewis is quitting the perverted stuff and working more family friendly!!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I'm tired of blue comedy.  I'm gonna clean up my act!  You hear me, VGChartz!?  From this moment on, d21lewis is quitting the perverted stuff and working more family friendly!!

You're gonna be doing incest jokes?! O_o

not bad. maybe it will reach 1 million by the time kinect comes out

Severance said:
Slimebeast said:

So the number of actual Move controller units (the thing with a ball) is even higher than 300K? (since VGC adjusts the numbers to make them comparable with Kinect).

LOL wow

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Rainbird said:
d21lewis said:

I'm tired of blue comedy.  I'm gonna clean up my act!  You hear me, VGChartz!?  From this moment on, d21lewis is quitting the perverted stuff and working more family friendly!!

LMFAO!! 

Around the Network

If ioi can confirm this for me, I'd very much appreciate it... If he's reading this thread.

I think the 300k Move Units... Moved. Is supposed to mean there are 300k households now with Move. I don't think it is 300k specific Move controllers. Just 300k households.

But I could, and probably will be... Wrong.

The only way we will ever probably know how many exactly have been sold is with the Sony quarterly results. I imagine they will release figures at some point stating exactly how many Move controllers have shipped.

Either way, 300k is a great start and it's without Japan too where I expect it to do pretty well. So... Gratz Sony!

d21lewis said:
Rainbird said:
d21lewis said:

LMFAO!! 

Yay, I made the funny man laugh!

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
Zipper said:

What exactly are the tracking? it sold 300,000? 300,000 what? bundles? standalone move cotrollers? navigation controllers? eyetoys? all those things combined?  Sports Champions sold 250,000 what? standalone copies?  or are they counting those included in the US bundles as well?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe in VGChartz's numbers

So you both choose to post here yet question the site's figures?

I mean to edit his last sentence about not believing in VGChartz's numbers but everything else i agree with

snfr said:
darthdevidem01 said:

A cat!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

SONY are dog people!

As you can see cats like Playstation, so we should like them, too

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

jneul said:
thx1139 said:

I have said this before, but here goes again.

The number of Moves sold really doesnt matter unless they are moving with new PS3s.  Sure Sony makes some profit on the starter pack and the individual controllers, but if new consumers arent picking up the PS3 with Move bundle then the Move isnt doing what it was designed to do.

NA numbers will be interesting simply because F1 could have pushed some EMEAA sales of PS3s. We will see soon. If NA PS3 numbers are up as well then the Move sales are doing what Sony wants the Move to do.

This all applies to Kinect as well. If Kinect sells great in November and December, but 360 sales are where they were last year than Kinect isnt doing what it was supposed to do.

no move's success will depend on the amount of software sold which utilises move, sony has given it one year so by then i think move will be a hit, just wait for the adverts on coke

I disagree if the PS3 sales dont improve because of Move then it may make a little extra $ for Sony, but not improve the long term view of the PS3.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.